Dining with a large group

Pam in KY

We will be cruising with a group of 11 on the Eurodam early next year. I understand that you can make reservations once on board for open seating but wonder if doing open seating with that many people will be difficult or even if they can seat that many people together? If we opt to do fixed seating are there set times to choose from and what are they? How does it work if you have fixed seating and go to Pinnacle and Tamarind on two nights?

As long as everyone is signed up for open seating, it will work. It would be best to make a reservation nightly for the number in your party, tho....just like in any restaurant, larger parties are harder to seat...if they are expecting you, they can make it work in a smoother fashion!

We did fixed for 10 people, and we went to the Pinnacle one evening.

Fixed dining is typically at 5:45 for early and 8:00 for late seating. You just need to make sure that all reservations are linked together - your TA can do that for you. I've read recently about forms to be filled out; we didn't have to do that and I don't think our TA did. They just needed all of the reservation numbers.

We had two adjacent tables, one for six and the other for four. There was an aisle between them so it was almost as good as having one table. We just changed places every night so we could sit with everyone at least once.

For the evening that we went to the Pinnacle, we advised our dining steward the night before that we would not be there. I believe they open the tables up to those in open seating then.

On all ships (except Prinsendam), come when you wish dining is lower level and Traditional Fixed dining is upper level.

If they are really busy and there are empty tables on the upper level any given evening, they sometimes will seat 'come when you want' diners on the upper level.

If you want to have all 11 dine together each evening, you definitely need to link all of your confirmation numbers. You probably should speak with the dining room manager or assistant just after boarding to see what he has arranged for your group.

I would check with ship services (or your TA) to see they need a group dining request form (30-45 days or so in advance) to put your two tables next to each other. Likewise if you want to dine in the Pinnacle together one night.

Archived