Drink packages-foo foo drinks

Chigirlcruzin

From what I saw on the Celebrity website, the classic package allows drinks/wines of certain brands up to $8; the premium package up to $12. Are the fruity mixed drinks/drinks of the day included in one package or the other? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the packages seem to be more brand driven, and from my experience, you don't get a choice of brands on the foo foo drinks. Or is it price driven? In that case, how much do those drinks typically run?

Thank you! That seems pretty low for those drinks, not that I'm complaining. I paid around $10 on Carnival last week! I'm leaning more towards the classic package, but we're doing a southern Caribbean cruise with only one sea day, so I'm not sure if it will be worth it for me.

We really like the Molecular Bar,those drinks run up to $12.Some of the specialty restaraunts have a signature cocktail that maybe up to $15.They usually will only charge the difference.

Tom

We really like the Molecular Bar,those drinks run up to $12.Some of the specialty restaraunts have a signature cocktail that maybe up to $15.They usually will only charge the difference.

Tom

Thanks for the info, Tom. What type of drinks does the Molecular Bar serve?

The molecular bar has very innovative drinks from drinks with rose petals,infused spirits,herbs and liquid nitrogen.And with the drink package if you don't like a drink they will make you something else.

I like to try different things so having the drink package lets me experiment and not have to worry about getting something I can't drink.The martini bar also makes some great drinks.

Tom

I know this is going to be a dumb question, but what's a foo foo drink?

Thanks

Texmex

A drink where you can't taste the alcohol ;) Can be frozen, blended, or on the rocks, but all have some combination of alcohol and fruit/fruit juices.

The molecular bar has very innovative drinks from drinks with rose petals,infused spirits,herbs and liquid nitrogen.And with the drink package if you don't like a drink they will make you something else.

I like to try different things so having the drink package lets me experiment and not have to worry about getting something I can't drink.The martini bar also makes some great drinks.

Tom

Excellent, thank you! Great point about being able to experiment. I don't really like the taste of alcohol. I hate getting a drink that I don't like...you feel like you have to drink it because you spent $10-12 on it!

Tom

When we were on the silhouette in January at the molecular bar, we ordered drinks and 2 of us didn't like them, he remade something new and never charged for the "disliked" he did this and another bar tender did it as well for a different couple on another night, so I am not sure you would get stuck with a ":)bad" drink there...

From what I saw on the Celebrity website, the classic package allows drinks/wines of certain brands up to $8; the premium package up to $12. Are the fruity mixed drinks/drinks of the day included in one package or the other?

Things change so quickly in the cruise industry, or maybe it's just that we sail only once or twice a year. But we sailed in early 2011 with the packages. The drink of the day was included, but it had to come in a regular glass. If you got the drink in a souvenir glass, you were charged for the glass, not the drink. I don't know what the cost was because I wasn't interested in taking something like that home.

Hope that helps.

A drink where you can't taste the alcohol ;) Can be frozen, blended, or on the rocks, but all have some combination of alcohol and fruit/fruit juices.

Thanks for the info, I might try some of these on our cruise in March.

Is there a list in the bars that say they are foo foo drinks, or how would I be able to recognise them from ordinary cocktails etc.

Foo foo drinks is an American slang term. You won't see it on any Celebrity menu. Look for drinks that are rum, vodka or tequila based with fruit juice -- mai tai, daiquiri, singapore sling, talk to the servers and bartenders and they'll make recommendations

Foo foo drinks is an American slang term. You won't see it on any Celebrity menu. Look for drinks that are rum, vodka or tequila based with fruit juice -- mai tai, daiquiri, singapore sling, talk to the servers and bartenders and they'll make recommendations

These bar menus are from the Solstice, but should give you a good idea of the choices available. One of my favorite pool drinks was the Miami vice - half piña colada and half strawberry daiquiri - yum.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_sZk2zn#!i=891911977&k=Qt5ry&lb=1&s=A

Archived