Is a PG Tahiti cruise "hokey"?

aaaaa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Must dos for first timers 11 days would be the Lagoon cruise in Aitutaki either privately or through the ship. I have only been on the ships tour to Aitutaki but Teking is also well recommended by PG cruisers.

Ato's Blue Lagoon tour in fakarava is also wonderful - I have reviewed the tour on cc as well as on Trip advisor. I like it better than Aitutaki only because there are such a few people and the water is lovely and warm. In Aitutaki the water is gorgeous but if there are winds the cold ocean water charges over the reef wall and creates these cool currents.

Mark Eddowes Trail of the ancients is a good cultural tour especially along with his lectures on board.

Dr Poole's tour is highly recommended. I have never been on it but will be going next year.

Hope this helps.

Being as you are such a rock star on this forum I had resisted asking for your list of tips because I felt that you must get tired of hearing the same request over and over. But, I am now breaking down and making my own request. If you have time, we would really appreciate your list. Thank you. Also, thanks for all the tips and information you have already posted. satokast@yahoo.com

My DD recommends the Land and sea excursion with PG. I believe it takes you to the top in BB where the views are gorgeous as well as a snorkelling excursion.

Stingray ballet is also a popular excursion on BB.

My favourite place is the BB motu.

Most popular excursions are Patrick's motu picnicwhich you can do with the ship or on your own if you are able to get a group and Christophe's snorkelling.

Since I cannot swim I dont do the snorkelling stuff so my advices are based on other people's opinions.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

aaaa

We went on the PG 5 years ago. Found the ship great and the cultural opportunities satisfying. Sure it's a stage show (the last one of the cruise was really good)-but certainly not like the large cruise ships where you feel the slickness of the production. I wish we could remember which island we were on that was having a festival and had dancing etc. but the PG was every bit as good IMHO. The ship had a dance representation from the different islands and included kids which was adorable (they can really dance!). This is not like a luau show in Hawaii! Now that can get cheesey!!! Go-enjoy-believe me you will never be the same traveler again! (we return for the Fiji-Tahiti cruise in June!!!!)