Best snorkeling in Grand Cayman

pinkmaija

Best snorkeling on GC? We just wanna snorkel....thanks!

When you get off of your tender, make your way to the sidewalk & go to your right about 1/2 mile to the Paradise restaruant on your right, where there is FREE access to some of the best snorkeling to be had. You can rent snorkel gear here as well as have a great lunch & rent a lounge chair for $5. Not sure if the $5 is US or Cayman $$. The menu is in GC $$.

Or walk another couple of minutes to a dive shop, also on your right where we hear it is good but have not snorkeled here.

Bill in FL

The truly best snorkeling is not quickly reached from the port area. Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto, Cheeseburger Reef, Sunset House, Cemetery Beach are all OK to Good (Eden Rock being the better IMO) and convenient for cruisers to visit, but far from the best.

The best snorkeling on Grand Cayman is found along the north shore from East End to Rum Point. If you are truly looking for the best Grand Cayman has to offer, you'll need to rent a car and hit the spots up there. Good information is found in this blog: http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

The truly best snorkeling is not quickly reached from the port area. Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto, Cheeseburger Reef, Sunset House, Cemetery Beach are all OK to Good (Eden Rock being the better IMO) and convenient for cruisers to visit, but far from the best.

The best snorkeling on Grand Cayman is found along the north shore from East End to Rum Point. If you are truly looking for the best Grand Cayman has to offer, you'll need to rent a car and hit the spots up there. Good information is found in this blog: http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

Thanks, I needed this info also!! :D

Turtle is right on. We have done Cemetery Beach and Eden Rock with the rock being the best. The reef east of Rum Point is the reason Rum Point got it's name. A ship wrecked there and barrels of rum washed up on shore. You can see the reef from Rum Point Resort.

I've been visiting G Cayman since 1979

I can honestly say I've hundreds of hours logged diving and snorkeling around the island (and little and the brac too)

have I seen it all? NO NO NO

any site .... ANY SITE .... that was great yesterday, might be terrible today.

I saw a turtle at XXXX today. Will it be there tomorrow?

I've dove the SAME SPOT for hour and hours and hours . . . and each hour is different ... and SOME are exciting

any site with a good rep' MIGHT be good today .... or not

I've been visiting G Cayman since 1979

I can honestly say I've hundreds of hours logged diving and snorkeling around the island (and little and the brac too)

have I seen it all? NO NO NO

any site .... ANY SITE .... that was great yesterday, might be terrible today.

I saw a turtle at XXXX today. Will it be there tomorrow?

I've dove the SAME SPOT for hour and hours and hours . . . and each hour is different ... and SOME are exciting

any site with a good rep' MIGHT be good today .... or not

True enough for visiting pelagic marine life, but barring a seafloor scouring hurricane, live coral vs dead makes a whole lotta difference in what inhabitants are usually found at a given site.

I try to snorkel once a week and there are most assuredly some areas that are generally considered better than others. But if your snorkeling all is good. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Cheeseburger and Cemetery are AMAZING ! You can't beat it for free.

Archived