Veendam:Entertainment

lenquixote66

The last time I was on the Veendam (2011) it was basically the shows singers and dancers every night .

They did have Indy and Jeff one night . Is it the same way currently ?

We went to the shows on the two formal nights...the Veendam singers and dancers. They were wonderful!

Congratulations on your 9000 posts. That was a fast 1000. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

Thanks, Carol...I can't remember when I hit 8,000...been too busy posting, I guess! :eek:

I just got back from my first cruise ever on the Veendam 2 wks ago.

I went to shows every night, except for the first night. So I don't know what was Sunday. But heres the list of entertainment:

Sunday - Not sure

Monday - Bob Mackys Broadway

Tuesday - Magician

Wednesday - Indonesian Crew Show

Thursday - Street Singing

Friday - Encore

Saturday - Comedian

The comedian was by far the BEST! I laughed the whole hour he was up there. I didnt really care for the singing/dancing shows. Im younger, so it didnt really appeal to me.

Would you post his name, please. I'd like to be on the lookout for him in my travels.

His name is Joe Yannetty. We were on the Bermuda sailing the week before (May 6) and the comedian was Tuesday while the magician was Saturday. The rest of our schedule was the same.

Thank you. Are you sure it was the same one?

Well, now that you ask, no I guess I'm not 100% positive. He was definitely one of the funniest comedians we've seen on a HAL ship, though!

His name is Joe Yannetty. We were on the Bermuda sailing the week before (May 6) and the comedian was Tuesday while the magician was Saturday. The rest of our schedule was the same.

he was not the comedian on the 5/20 sailing

he was not the comedian on the 5/20 sailing

And that's why it's helpful to post names of especially good performers (or especially bad, I guess, too).

The comedian on the 5/13 cruise was mentioned as particularly funny, so that's the one I was asking be identified. Does anyone know who Cupcakey83 was referring to???

Im sorry that I didnt respond sooner, busy day! :)

The comedian that was on the Veendam cruise when I was there was Kevin Jordan. He has been on Comedy Central in the past. My nana was laughing all night too, that's a good sign because she isn't particularly fond of comedians!

The comedian that was on the Veendam cruise when I was there was Kevin Jordan. He has been on Comedy Central in the past. My nana was laughing all night too, that's a good sign because she isn't particularly fond of comedians!

Thank you for posting the name! I cruise on a lot of HAL ships, and know that various entertainers also move around the fleet. When I hear a recommendation about one, I like to make a mental note to be on the lookout for them.

No problem Ruth! If you get a chance to see him, definitely do!

And mama, definitely do go to his show. I know you will like him. He does a lot of stuff that involves cruising and Holland America. His 'Dear Holland America' skits are funny!

Mama-

Most nights there were two shows. They were usually around 8pm and 10pm.

Those were when they had the singers and dancers. I know there were one or two times that they only had one show time tho.

On Wednesdays they had the Indonesian Crew Show. I went to Harbour Nights and it was SO much fun! I loved it. Then after, we went to the Crew Show. It was fun to see their culture. If you haven't seen it before, its definitely something to check out. My nana was a little bored by it, but I found it interesting when they did their cultures dance and used instruments from Indonesia.

• 1 year later...

Archived