Anyone stay in an inside cabin?

lrowe70

Just curious...

It seems several threads here are about balconies and suites. I'm wondering if anyone has ever been in an inside cabin and what it was like?

Our first 2 cruises we had cabins with windows because they were small ships and either didn't have balconies or they were sold out.

Our most recent cruise on Carnival we got a spa balcony room and were not impressed with the "perks" that came with the room. We only used the balcony for about 20 minutes total the entire trip.

Since we use our room only for sleeping and bathing, we've never had any desire to book a suite. After the last cruise we don't see a reason to get a blacony again.

Yes, we have had an inside twice. There are usually mirrors on one wall and that seem to make the room feel larger. We feel we don't spend as much time in our cabin if it is an inside, but if it means going or not going, it's a no brainer. You can still have a very enjoyable cruise in an inside cabin.

Just curious...

It seems several threads here are about balconies and suites. I'm wondering if anyone has ever been in an inside cabin and what it was like?

Our first 2 cruises we had cabins with windows because they were small ships and either didn't have balconies or they were sold out.

Our most recent cruise on Carnival we got a spa balcony room and were not impressed with the "perks" that came with the room. We only used the balcony for about 20 minutes total the entire trip.

Since we use our room only for sleeping and bathing, we've never had any desire to book a suite. After the last cruise we don't see a reason to get a blacony again.

It's all personal preference and how you use your cabin. We did an interior cabin once and I felt so confined the entire trip, i didn't enjoy it (luckily it was a short cruise). Even though we were only in the cabin limited time, it still was to confining for my taste.

One of my favorite things on a cruise, is sleeping with the door open, hearing the waves crashing and breathing the fresh ocean air!

Since we retired, we made the decision to go with inside rooms so that we can take that extra cruise or two from the savings. We find our inside cabins to work fine and try to get midships closest to water line.... we hardly notice any movement and makes sleeping nice. We primarily cruise on HAL and Celebrity, and the rooms are nice. Also found less problems with A/C on HAL ships when in the center (not sure why maybe because there is no "hot" sun heating the outside wall.

We do like balcony rooms interestingly particularly on an Alaska cruise or the fjords of Norway, but make good use of the Solarium on Celebrity, the Library area on HAL for watching the view and enjoying the sea days when we are in an inside cabin. So we feel the "more" trips we are able to take more the better and it's worked out just fine. When I worked we only sailed on balconies, but only went once a year now we are 3-4 time a years and having a great time. Just hope the money never gives out before we give out. So enjoy whatever makes more sense to you... this has been our rationale and experience.

We booked an inside cabin once and quite honestly, didn't care for it. What I found difficult was not having any idea what the weather was like outside especially when trying to decide what to wear. Most times we book an outside cabin on a lower deck. The price is usually pretty good and it's fun being so close to the water!

:). The best part about an inside cabin is that you sleep late. You don't know how late it is because you don't have light to tell you what time it is.

Never have slept so well. Make sue you take alarm clocks for both sides of the bed.

:). The best part about an inside cabin is that you sleep late. You don't know how late it is because you don't have light to tell you what time it is.

Never have slept so well. Make sue you take alarm clocks for both sides of the bed.

We have had inside cabins several times and they don't bother us at all. I sleep best in an inside, and now that we are retired, as another poster said, it will allow us to take more cruises so it's a no brainer for us. I never used the balcony that much anyway, the only time I miss it is for eating breakfast out there.

We recently did a cruise from HNL to Ensenada in an inside cabin because of the price $599 for 13 days. First time on an inside. We will definitely do it again. Slept the best in this cruise than all of our cruises from suites to oceanview. We are not big sit in the room and watch the view people. There are many spaces on the ship that you can watch the world go by.

Depending on itinerary I get inside cabins. Like previous poster said, If its Alaska, Europe, Med., I get the balcony but if its to the Caribbean at times I do inside. In fact my mom & I did a 3 day repo on Eclipse when it first came to Miami yrs ago in an inside and the room was huge. And it was not handdicapp accessible cabin! So surprised at the space of the room, bathroom & all of the storage.

More cruises in inside or fewer with balcony I take more cruises in inside. :)

Tina

We stayed in a inside cabin on the Summit and loved it. The room is the same size as the balcony staterooms that I saw. My girlfriend has stayed in inside, ocean view, and concierge class in the past. She insisted on inside since we both like to stay up later and sleep in without the sun bothering us. We spent absolutely no time other than sleeping and showering in our room. Personally I can't see us ever spending more time in a room so the balcony would not benefit us. I will add that the bed on the summit was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in.

I considered aqua class strictly because I want to try Blu. Unfortunately for the price difference on the cruises we want to go on we could eat specialty restaurants every night and save money.

While I have not yet sailed on Celebrity I have sailed on NCL and RCCL. Have tried balcony, outside and inside. Inside is just fine; only use the room on showering and sleeping. Only used the balcony once on a 9 night trip so for me inside is the way to go.

My in-laws always choose an inside cabin even though they could stay in suites if they wanted to. Why? They say the total darkness gives them the best night's sleep they could ever ask for. To them, it's an invaluable perk that beats out any perks they could get in a suite~

Another vote for inside (have tried OV and balcony) low and midship. We usually do 14-30 days and there are plenty of great viewing areas that surpass any balcony view. Have been to Europe, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Alaska and Australia in inside cabins.

Inside cabins are great. Dark for great sleeping conditions. Typically quiet. Usually the same size as a oceanview or many balconies. So much more affordable. Inside cabins allow us to cruise 2-3 a year.

We just recently had a upgrade to a concierge class balcony room. Thought it was nice, the shades didn't completely the room so some light came in. Plus we rarely used our balcony! So back to insides for us! :D

What would an inside cabin on deck 2 be like? Trying to decide between an inside or ocean-view on this deck on the Infinity next May or June to British Isles. This is a port intensive cruise.

Just curious...

:cool:I would get a balcony on a caribbean cruise. Just to have morning coffee, afternoon drinks, and views. Euro? No necessarily. Inside, outsideview, and standard balconies are usually the same sq feet. You are paying extra for the view. If money is an issure, go inside. :cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

We usually book an inside cabin on deck 2 midship. You don't feel the motion here at all. We have been on several cruises where the seas were quite rough. We had friends on the 9th floor balcony aft and they had stuff falling off the dresser. We barely felt the motion. The cabins are the same size as a balcony cabin in most cases. We don't spend much time in the room. We had a balcony once because it was the same price as an inside & included pre-paid gratuities. We used it very little. We prefer to be on deck so we can see views from both sides of the ship.

Let me say that I have stayed in some pretty fancy digs, like penthouses on Regent. ( I know , whoopie) I said that because, to us the hype that they sell for balconies and higher, just dosen't seem worth it..

Too, except at the pier or anchor,, many times the weather prevents you from using your baclony.

In one transpacific 36 day cruise a balcony was good for 4 of the 36 days !! The rest it was either windy or rain that prevented its use. A ship doing 20 kts is goigeneratind a 23 mph wind over your deck.... and if heading into the wind you may experience 30 to 40 mph "breezes"

We now do all our sailings in insides and found that they are better located, more restful, actualy larger many times, more comfortable and way cheaper. Best of all they get you out and about on deck where the views are way better than any balcony... 360!

Alaska or the Med, I would choose the inside over a balcony or suite...

Need to see outside... turn on the TV... and get a view fore and aft for free, better than any balcony.

And once outside the cabin everybody pretty much gets the same perks. So why thow your money away? Save it for stuff to do, not a room !

We have done all three. Inside is great for sleeping . If we can afford a balcony we usually do but if the excursions are expensive then we will do the inside. If you prefer the insidemomformit and you save alot of money and you can cruise more often or spend it on other things. Cruisingnisnthe best.

I would book a suite over an inside but for the price.--have sailed in ov and balcony and prefer an ov--spouse does not like the balcony--booked an inside last year but C upgraded us to an ov.--I believe that unless e very $ counts I look at the price increase over the inside before booking-as an example prices for a 15 day dec. TA1169-inside--1299for an ov and1299 for a bal(probably obstructed view )so for less than $10per day per person you could book an ov or a bal.---

I have sailed inside, outside, balcony, concierge balcony, and sky suite. I personally much prefer balcony cabins to outside or inside. One plus I did find on inside was the sleep which has been mentioned (which made a difference when we sailed from Vancouver to Anchorage/Seward). On the other hand, I feel pretty closed in when I am in an inside cabin. I hate not being able to look out and see the weather. And even though I am among those who do not always use the balcony all the time, just having the balcony doors in the room makes it seem so much bigger and brighter.

It has been awhile since I sailed inside, but one other thing that would concern me is that it seems that these days there are almost no places onboard one can go and just chill out and maybe read and relax on deck like I used to do in the 'olden days'. And as another option, I used to go sit and read my book in venues like the lounges that were closed during the day. Nowadays, there is constant music playing so there is little peace and quiet anywhere. That point alone would cause me pause before I would book an inside room again. These days the only quiet one can find is in one's own cabin.

We had a balcony (in the Med) and loved it. Also have had ocean views for transatlantic and for Alaska (loved the OV as well). We were like many others, rather afraid to try an inside, but bit the bullet and did it for our 2nd transatlantic last fall. We were very pleased with our inside cabin, but when we both got the noro virus we sure did wish we had a balcony for the ability to open the door for fresh air and view the missed port due to being quarantined. :mad:

It's all a matter of personal choice. We would rather take an inside and be able to cruise more often if there is a huge price difference.

Happy sailing to you.

Archived