Anyone been to Tiki Beah Club on 7 mile beach?

ditsie2

I'm sailing on Carnival Conquest and will have a day in Grand Cayman. I see where Carnival offers an excursion for a beach getaway that is to Tiki Beach Club. However, in looking at a few things online it appears this place is open to the public. Am I right that it is open to the public?? It sounds like a nice place to hang out with beach access and other "amenities" but Carnival wants $75/person for it and that seems ridiculous if it is a place open to the public.

Can anyone help clear this up for me and provide their experiences and information??

Thanks!

If all you want is a beach day, there's no need to pay for an excursion. GC is one of the easiest places to have a DIY beach day! Read thru some of the other threads...lots of suggestions!

We aren't really sure what we want to do that day! We've never been there and we are doing excursions on the other stops. I've heard that Cayman is a good and safe place to "wing it". I'm really just looking for a beach and places close to shop, eat, and just have a fun time with my husband (with NO kids)!

I am open to any suggestions of fun things to do!

There are apt to be someone else's kids anywhere you go. There are not any adults only places in Cayman, AFAIK.

That said, Tiki Beach is open to the public. Hop a taxi or public bus and just show up. you do not have to go through a cruise line's excursion.

I'm thinking the OP may have meant her own kids, LOL.

Tiki Beach, Calico Jacks, and Royal Palms are all beach clubs where you can rent beach chairs/ have food/drinks, bathrooms etc. As others have said, just take a taxi there. In most cases, you'll get a better deal by booking excursions independently or doing things on your own instead going through the cruise line.

If you're interested in snorkeling, Eden Rock and Sunset House are a short trip away from the cruise terminal (no beach though).

Or if you decide you want to do a trip to Stingray City, there are a few independent tour companies you can book instead of going through the cruise line (Captain Marvin's, Dexter's, Stingray Sailing, etc).

I'm pretty sure there are tour options available at the dock if you don't want to book anything ahead of time as well.

Enjoy!

I'm thinking the OP may have meant her own kids, LOL.

You are exactly right...I meant my own kids! Sorry for not being clear. I don't mind other people's while I'm on vacation, I can walk away from them if they are disturbing me!! ;)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I'm sailing on Carnival Conquest and will have a day in Grand Cayman. I see where Carnival offers an excursion for a beach getaway that is to Tiki Beach Club. However, in looking at a few things online it appears this place is open to the public. Am I right that it is open to the public?? It sounds like a nice place to hang out with beach access and other "amenities" but Carnival wants $75/person for it and that seems ridiculous if it is a place open to the public.

Can anyone help clear this up for me and provide their experiences and information??

Thanks!

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!? $75 to go to a beach bar that anyone can just walk up too? carnival has lost there mind!! Tiki from what I remember is right next to calico jacks and its all public beaches , its a british island and all beaches are called "queens beach" and they are all public! the resorts charge for chairs cause the chairs belong to them, but you can put your towel down anywhere and just relax.

royal palms is nice and closer to the port, they also have a pool and food.

Hey, great thread, we will be doing the exact same thing (Carnival Valor 07/15/12) and had the exact same question!!! Carnival is off their heads charging $75 for this excursion, a little bit of online research tells you that the Tiki Club is public and a cab fare is only $20 or less. Since there will be 5 of us doing it ourselves is the way to go. Thanks for the other two suggestions.

Cayman is very safe. Our family of five wandered around the town and no one even bothered us. Unlike other islands I have never seen vendors selling anything on the streets. Just in the stores.

Love cayman. Have fun

Kathy

Cayman is very safe. Our family of five wandered around the town and no one even bothered us. Unlike other islands I have never seen vendors selling anything on the streets. Just in the stores.

Love cayman. Have fun

Kathy

Glad to hear it!

Thank you everyone for all of your input!!

Archived