WOW - Price Drop Question?

This is my first WOW sale and first time booking on my own.

I am booked on the Independence for March 2013 and have an aft facing cabin.

I have noticed on the WOW terms, you can not cancel and rebook between June 5-13. It would be nice to have a OBC but a price reduction would be better.

1) Does the prices drop during a WOW sale?

2) Would I be able to get the price drop? Do I call in?

3) How do you check for price reductions - pretend booking?

4) Carnival has a page where you can check your price without taxes without doing a pretend booking and another page where you submit for a price reduction. Does RCI have the same?

I have noticed on the WOW terms, you can not cancel and rebook between June 5-13. It would be nice to have a OBC but a price reduction would be better.

4) Carnival has a page where you can check your price without taxes without doing a pretend booking and another page where you submit for a price reduction. Does RCI have the same?

You check for price reductions by doing a pretend booking. If you find one, you have to call RCI to have it applied (or your travel agent must call, if you used one).

Prices usually increase during the WOW sale. The feature of this sale is reduced deposit and onboard credit, not usually lower prices. (Of course, a person who booked during the WOW sale can still look for price reductions afterwards and have them applied).

My understanding (and you even mention it), if you already have a booking, you can't use the WOW sale to get the OBC (or a price drop).

There have been no price changes, up or down, in the cruises that I've been watching in preparation for tomorrow's WOW-less sale. Although, the e-mails that I keep getting from RCI say this is their biggest sale of the year.:rolleyes:

If you are a Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor member and booking a balcony.

$200 discount, you can not combine that with the Wow sale ? correct? no Obc is offered then right?

Jimbo:)

I have already called RCCL regarding the WOW sale.

It reads in the fine print that if you are already booked you cannot cancel your cruise between June 5-13th in order to re-book. Basically if you are already booked you have no rights.

I have lodged a complaint against this. Hopefully others will to so they change this policy.

With a WOW sale you get 50% lower deposit and $100 OBC. So far our cruise has not gone up at all.

If your dates are flexible someone on here suggested to keep your current booking, re-book under the WOW sale on DIFFERENT dates. Then around a month later (so long as it is not after final payment) cancel original booking.

Unfortunately I cannot re-book different dates:mad:

It reads in the fine print that if you are already booked you cannot cancel your cruise between June 5-13th in order to re-book. Basically if you are already booked you have no rights.

I have lodged a complaint against this. Hopefully others will to so they change this policy.

With a WOW sale you get 50% lower deposit and $100 OBC. So far our cruise has not gone up at all.

If your dates are flexible someone on here suggested to keep your current booking, re-book under the WOW sale on DIFFERENT dates. Then around a month later (so long as it is not after final payment) cancel original booking.

Don't think there is really a need to wait to cancel the original booking..........When you book a new date that is considered a new booking period and you will be okay with the Wow sale.

If you are a Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor member and booking a balcony.

$200 discount, you can not combine that with the Wow sale ? correct? no Obc is offered then right?

Jimbo:)

This is correct. The WOW benefits are only good for those who dont have access to other discounts, like C&A benefits. In your case, the C&A benefits are better, so that's what you should choose.

Two cruises that I have been watching on Explorer have increased $100 pp over the last few days. WHile there is no way to prove anything one certainly cannot be blamed for wondering whether RCCL "marks em up so they can mark em down" and still end up with the same $$ in their pocket.

Think about this.... If RCI did not have the restriction that you are unhappy with then everyone could cancel their cruises and rebook when a WOW sale comes along and get the OBC. If RCI were going to allow that then they might as well just give everyone an OBC when they make their original booking and be done with it.

The purpose of these WOW-less sales is to dangle a carrot under the noses of people who are on the fence about booking to pull out their credit cards and get it done.

Two cruises that I have been watching on Explorer have increased $100 pp over the last few days. WHile there is no way to prove anything one certainly cannot be blamed for wondering whether RCCL "marks em up so they can mark em down" and still end up with the same $$ in their pocket.

I'm not WOWed by the WOW Sale. I have been watching a Category D3 Balcony Cabin on the Allure for Dec. 2012 and there was a $100 price increase in February and another price increase of $100 ten days ago. The price keeps going up and there really is no sale. Even the on-board credits and other perks still don't make up for the price increase. Guess I'll check out Princess and Celebrity.

They're great for those that book and have no other means to get OBC. A lot of cruisers fall into that category.

All they have to do is call the right TA. Almost anyone can come up with some OBC if they do enough research and ask enough questions.

I'm not WOWed by the WOW Sale. I have been watching a Category D3 Balcony Cabin on the Allure for Dec. 2012 and there was a $100 price increase in February and another price increase of $100 ten days ago. The price keeps going up and there really is no sale. Even the on-board credits and other perks still don't make up for the price increase. Guess I'll check out Princess and Celebrity.

Seriously, our Sept 18 day to Sydney (for 2 of us) cat D2 went up $1,000. Wow!!!

Archived