Ladies, how to you carry your Seapass when on ship?

We use a bracelet mate. Its a small wrist wallet that has a beaded bracelet. The beads are on top of your wrist and the wallet on the inside towards your body so it is sort-of hidden from view.

We even use it when going on shore. It holds our sea pass card, driver's license, credit card and folding money.

We buy ours online from Canele Originals.

blackagatenew(resizedsmall15).jpg&maxx=300&maxy=200

I use the Banjee Wrist Wallets during the day. http://www.alpineaccessories.com/Banjees-wrist-wallets/products/49/

I am looking on etsy.com for something fancier for the evenings. I have tried lanyards, a small purse, my pocket, and DH's pocket, but the wrist wallet has been the best solution. It's always handy. :D

Lisa

Is there a hole in it for string to tie or clip it to something?

Is it on a lanyard?

Thanks!

I use Very Bradley products for this purpose. She has a couple different wallets that fit in the palm of your hand. The front has a clear plastic sleeve that you can slip your seapass and ID cards into. In addition, the current one I'm using also has a coin section inside as well as a zipper compartment.

Happy Cruising!

Just went to the Coach Outlet and purchased the summer wristlets for 15 dollars.

Bought 2.

If it is not in here I will put on Lanyard that I got from High school.

Safe travels.

Where do you live???? We have a coach outlet here outside of Chicago, but I've never seen the wristlets for that cheap!!!! Good find :)

not sure why i clicked on this thread but here goes anyway. Have you seen what clothes and bathing suits people wear on a cruise? To me the lanyard and convention thing is petty. If it works, forget about it. My DW and I wear ID lanyards at work all day and it's natural to put a ship ID on one too, though we do sometimes tuck it under our clothes to prevent it from tangling in something.

The last time she put it in her bra it fell thru to her hips, nothing there to hold it!!

I can't comment on the lipstick thing..neither of us wear it.

Xray

not sure why i clicked on this thread but here goes anyway. Have you seen what clothes and bathing suits people wear on a cruise? To me the lanyard and convention thing is petty. If it works, forget about it. My DW and I wear ID lanyards at work all day and it's natural to put a ship ID on one too, though we do sometimes tuck it under our clothes to prevent it from tangling in something.

The last time she put it in her bra it fell thru to her hips, nothing there to hold it!!

I can't comment on the lipstick thing..neither of us wear it.

Xray

The reason why I eschew a lanyard is because I wear one at work all day. I don't want to wear one on vacation. It reminds me of work.

Do the women who "let their husbands deal with it" never go anywhere on a cruise without their husbands?

One of the reasons we love cruising is because my husband and I can do what we want to do and still be on the same vacation. He loves to sit by the pool, I don't. I love the spa, he doesn't. He gets up early, I sleep in late. We do a lot together but we also do a lot apart. I need a way to handle my own card when I am not with my husband.

My lanyards are beaded and pretty and I love having my hands totally free. I had a wrist lanyard once but I found it got in the way of using my hand.

Where do you live???? We have a coach outlet here outside of Chicago, but I've never seen the wristlets for that cheap!!!! Good find :)

Grove city Pa.

off of interstate 79.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I bought the cutest Vera Bradley zip ID card holder. It is GREAT! It has a ring attached to the holder, I added a very small carabiner to the ring and presto I could clip it to anything!!! My camera strap, belt loops, clothes... anywhere. The pouch is just big enough to carry your seapass card, a few dollars (for tips or on port days) and a camera battery (small 1) and an extra memory card. They have millions of colors as well to fit anyone's taste.

Here is a link to a set of them on Amazon but many places carry them.

http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Case-Priscilla-Pink/dp/B007KHEG42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339778006&sr=8-1&keywords=vera+bradley+wallet

They are not waterproof but for cash and your card (which don't matter if they get wet) its perfect.

Here is an example of what I used for the carabiner:

http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Galvanized-Steel-Carabiner-Snap-Link/dp/B0056HALW4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1339778354&sr=8-6&keywords=carabiner

If you were looking for more of a purse/larger bag I also highly recommend Baggallini purses. These were made for travel and there is zero wasted space. I love my baggallini's and they are the only purses I use while traveling.

Here is a huge selection on Ebags. I have the small Sicily bag and love it.

http://www.ebags.com/brand/baggallini

They really work great. I like it because it gives you so many options on how to carry it. Just hook it to anything and your good to go. They are very small (ID card size) as well. Another great thing is if you are going out with a purse (formal night or port) you can stick it to the inside of your purse. This makes it so you don't have to transfer anything.

Vera Bradley also has this version. Its a little bigger and comes with a clip.

This would be perfect if you wanted to carry a few more tiny items with you ~ as ladies tend to do :p

http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Clip-Zip-Limes/dp/B007KHEE08/ref=sr_1_20?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1339779562&sr=1-20&keywords=vera+bradley

Super suggestions! If anyone is a fashionista, a variety of colors could be purchased to match whatever is being worn! :cool:

I use the Banjee Wrist Wallets during the day. http://www.alpineaccessories.com/Banjees-wrist-wallets/products/49/

I am looking on etsy.com for something fancier for the evenings. I have tried lanyards, a small purse, my pocket, and DH's pocket, but the wrist wallet has been the best solution. It's always handy. :D

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I'll check out alpine accessories as soon as I get off of CC.

If you're just talking about your Seapass card, there are easy solutions. Don't know how people get along all day without other things that seem to be essential for us - camera, sunglasses (always seem to be popping inside/outside), tissues, lipstick/Chapstick, sunscreen, sometimes the schedule section of the Compass. Too much to go in pockets, so DW wears a very small cross-body bag, leaving hands free, don't have to worry about where to put it while you're eating, etc. Works for us!

I don't know how you all are traveling with a little bitty wrist wallet. I usually have a somewhat small tote with me holding my book, sunscreen, etc. I just pop my sea pass and a little money in the pocket.

For evenings, I have a small evening bag or if I"m casual a small leather purse with a strap long enough to go crossways.

Haha! Me too, word for word! :D

DW finally gets her chance to exact her revenge for all the items she jams in her purse for me. It is the least I can do for 1 week for all that she puts up to for a year;)

don't carry it in a purse with a magnetic closure. it will deactivate the card and you can't get into your room. i have a card holder that clips to my pocket or waist band. got it on QVC and it is this best thing I have ever gotten.

During the day I will have my Sea Pass on the Lanyard, but in the evening, I will put it in my evening purse, unless I change into something more casual after dinner, then go back to wearing the lanyard. I have even dropped the card inside my blouse when wearing the lanyard if I feel it is getting in my way. I rarely take a purse with me while in port, just put my money, credit card in a small travel pouch and put in my front pocket.

Hi, I went to office depot and got an ID necklace about $3-$4 . There is a clear ID area for your cruise card. A zipped pocket for cash or medicine and two other slots you can carry your photo ID. This works so good even while off ship it's all hand free

They are just the size of your cruise card and black. While at port you can put it in your top for safety They have worked great

Guest Services will punch a hole in the Seapass for you if you want to use a lanyard. I've seen many ladies with the wristlet purses that are popular now. I usually am wearing shorts or capris with a pocket, so that's where it goes. In the evenings, when dressed up, I usually rely on my DH's pockets. He's never used my lipstick yet, so I guess I'm safe. :D

I totally agree, as I always make sure that all of my shorts on the cruise have pockets and rely on my husband's pockets for dinner.

For me it's a lanyard by day & my husband takes his card in his shirt pocket at night, or I take my mine if I have an evening bag, as we are always together for the evenings, so we don't need 2 cards.

In port it goes in a bag if I take one onshore, or lanyard if it's just a casual island beach stop.

I couldn't stand carrying a bag around all day on the ship, even a small one, I'm on holiday, I want to feel free.

I don't feel the need to carry stuff around with me as I book cabins on higher decks & not far from the lifts/stairs, so if I need anything it is usually just a quick trip back to the cabin from the restaurant, pool etc, plus it's good exercise, and it all helps keep the weight down with the abundance of food at every corner.

The wrist thing doesn't do it for me either, it would conflict with the wearing of my watch or bracelet/s.

I would never put anything in my bra apart from what is meant to be there, wouldn't it create a bulge were you don't want one?

Also, seems a bit distasteful to me offering someone a card that has been in your underwear, let alone pulling out from there in the first place. :eek:

Not an option that appeals to me personally.

I think though it is really whatever appeals to the individual.:)

For shows that request reservations, they will check your Sea Pass Card as you enter, also it is needed to get back in your room unless your spouse has theirs. We both carry ours just in the chance we are separated for a few moments and one needs to get back to the room for something.

Archived