Ladies, how to you carry your Seapass when on ship?

I bring a very small purse....I need my comb, lipstick, tissues.....too far to go back to the cabin everytime you need a touch-up! I don't like lanyards...makes you look like you're at a convention! I carry a purse at a hotel, so I carry one (very small!) on the ship, too! Hubby puts his in his pocket!

Guest Services will punch a hole in the Seapass for you if you want to use a lanyard. I've seen many ladies with the wristlet purses that are popular now. I usually am wearing shorts or capris with a pocket, so that's where it goes. In the evenings, when dressed up, I usually rely on my DH's pockets. He's never used my lipstick yet, so I guess I'm safe. :D

No, I don't want to wear it on a lanyard like a crazed conventioner. I have just seen a lot of photos of cruisers and they have a lanyard around their necks so I guess I was wondering if that was the norm.

I think I'll use my husband's pockets (until he gets irritated) for the evening, or a small bag.

Thanks for your input!

I go the lanyard route but wear it under my clothes so it isn't seen. If I have on a "tank top," then I tie the lanyard to my bra strap to hang down my side.

I had to laugh with everyone that said they give it to their husbands to carry. For years when our family (DH and two DS) would do land tours, I'd get "Mom, put this in your purse or tote." I finally got wise and only carried a small, cross chest purse with no room in it other than for MY stuff. I'm a little slow sometimes.

Tucker in Texas

I came up with the most perfect seapass carrier of all time this past cruise. I hate lanyards and usually have my camera around my neck. I also didn't want to carry anything in my hands, such as a purse, due to my photography.

I bought the cutest Vera Bradley zip ID card holder. It is GREAT! It has a ring attached to the holder, I added a very small carabiner to the ring and presto I could clip it to anything!!! My camera strap, belt loops, clothes... anywhere. The pouch is just big enough to carry your seapass card, a few dollars (for tips or on port days) and a camera battery (small 1) and an extra memory card. They have millions of colors as well to fit anyone's taste.

Here is a link to a set of them on Amazon but many places carry them.

http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Case-Priscilla-Pink/dp/B007KHEG42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339778006&sr=8-1&keywords=vera+bradley+wallet

They are not waterproof but for cash and your card (which don't matter if they get wet) its perfect.

Here is an example of what I used for the carabiner:

http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Galvanized-Steel-Carabiner-Snap-Link/dp/B0056HALW4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1339778354&sr=8-6&keywords=carabiner

If you were looking for more of a purse/larger bag I also highly recommend Baggallini purses. These were made for travel and there is zero wasted space. I love my baggallini's and they are the only purses I use while traveling.

Here is a huge selection on Ebags. I have the small Sicily bag and love it.

http://www.ebags.com/brand/baggallini

I have to admit, when no pockets and no husband with me, I stick it in my bra! ;) But I really like that Vera Bradley/carabiner combo--I'm gonna have to get one of those!

They really work great. I like it because it gives you so many options on how to carry it. Just hook it to anything and your good to go. They are very small (ID card size) as well. Another great thing is if you are going out with a purse (formal night or port) you can stick it to the inside of your purse. This makes it so you don't have to transfer anything.

No, I don't want to wear it on a lanyard like a crazed conventioner. I have just seen a lot of photos of cruisers and they have a lanyard around their necks so I guess I was wondering if that was the norm.

I think I'll use my husband's pockets (until he gets irritated) for the evening, or a small bag.

Thanks for your input!

actually it was the exact opposite for us.. I carried HIS around.

I have a small silk bag that I picked up in Thailand one year.. has a long strap so I can cross it over. large enough to fit my anti bacterial gel, a travel thing of tissues, our cards, my sunglass case and travel size thingy of sunscreen.

for Formal nights I have a woven gold wrsitlet that's just about the same size.

I'm usually carrying my wife's card. :(

We're rarely apart on a cruise. If we are separated, she probably would just carry it in her hand, because she's probably just going to the spa.

That's funny!

We were like that until this last cruise when I had my above ID holder. I ended up carrying DH's card the whole week :rolleyes:

Don't quite understand why so many hate a lanyard. I love it! No digging in a small purse or holder when you need it-like getting off at ports. It's right there, I ding out then put it in whatever bag I'm carrying off the ship and when I get back to the ship, out it comes, ding back in and it goes around my neck again. Have to admit that I do hate it when I see folks at dinner wearing the lanyard and dipping it in the gravy-or trying not to! I don't put it around my neck at dinner.

To each his own!

Don't quite understand why so many hate a lanyard. I love it! No digging in a small purse or holder when you need it-like getting off at ports. It's right there, I ding out then put it in whatever bag I'm carrying off the ship and when I get back to the ship, out it comes, ding back in and it goes around my neck again.

To each his own!

I can tell you why I hate lanyards, not sure of everyone elses reasons.

1. I am a hobby photographer. I have my camera around my neck 99% of the trip. I can't stand having 2 straps going around my neck as well as at times they end up getting tangled.

2. I am very large chested and I do mean very. I am actually looking into getting a reduction. when I wear the lanyard if lays right in the center of my chest and really emphasizes what I am trying to De-emphysize :D

After 2 cruises of having to go to Guest Services and getting my card replaced because it became demagnetized, I stopped putting it in my pocket and now use a lanyard during the day around the ship (once I'm off the ship I put it in whatever crossbody bag I'm using for excursions) but in the evening I use a small Coach bag that can be a purse or a wristlet. I HAVE to have my lip stuff with me and the list of activities for the evening!

Archived