Seriously?....Please stop and think before you post.

Host Randy promoting "World Peace" on Cruise Critic

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-q_g4277unhubt/miss_congeniality_2000_world_peace/

Wow......only time ur up this early is when ur cruising......glad you got the boys in early off Bourbon St so y'all make it to the terminal in time....I know ur proud of the SMU Mustangs since you graduated with Dandy Don....lol...Have fun :p

Thanks Host Randy!!!

THANK YOU Host Randy for posting this!!!

Maybe this site can get back on track and do what they do best - post honest and truthful reviews of cruises, share information with each other, and bond over our obsessions with the seven seas!!!

Mwahs from the Windy City!!!

*LIKE*

I just cleaned up a thread deleting about 1/4 of all the posts and all they were doing were commenting on grammar, spelling and sentence/paragraph structure....REALLY?......so please stop......We do know who is doing this and not just on that thread...... as a reminder this is from our community guidelines.....Thank you.

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Where is that **LIKE** button...

I have to agree, Randy. I've been on forums for some 14 years (mostly aviation ones), have been a moderator too, and while non-use of paragraphs and poor grammar and spelling irk me, I resist the urge to comment on it. I'm not perfect either.

"There, their, here, hear, steward, stewart".... Heck, I'm so anal I need to think about when to use a semi-colon! The English language is no day at the beach!

Then we have the differences between American English and British English. Is it "center" or "centre"? Pronunciation can also be different. Hard to describe it here, but words such as "inventory", "controversy" and others are pronounced differently between the two countries.

Heck, I have a book about the differences! A WHOLE BOOK!

Never mind those for whom English is a second language. I give them credit for dealing with this amalgamation of many languages.

Good for you to put this in perspective.

However, please, on a ship it is "steward", not "stewart". ;)

Sorry, I'm guilty of pointing out paragraph length and font color.

A few months ago, someone took the time to write out a review and only two people commented. The OP wrote the entire review without breaking up paragraphs. I don't know about anyone else but if I took the time to write out a review and no one commented, my feelings would be hurt.

Isn't it better for someone to say, "hey,if you broke up the paragraphs, it's easier for people to read?"

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Host Randy. Not too sure about his alter-ego Host Kinky, though.

Jim

Well to shed some light on that....Many years ago I was having electrical problems in my area with the transformer that is behind my house.... There would be a day or two with no electricity and I would go to Kinkos to use their computer....Several knew I was doing that and started calling me Host Kinky....Laura, in an attempt to be funny, added it to my name:p......so now you know the REST of the story. :D

A few months ago, someone took the time to write out a review and only two people commented. The OP wrote the entire review without breaking up paragraphs. I don't know about anyone else but if I took the time to write out a review and no one commented, my feelings would be hurt.

Isn't it better for someone to say, "hey,if you broke up the paragraphs, it's easier for people to read?"

I agree with you on the paragraphs.

No....everyone is entitled to post as they see fit......fonts, colors, one continuous sentence if they want, etc....If it's too hard to read, which I never have a problem reading, then move along...or read if you think you would enjoy......Now if the person "asks" for feedback on how it was written, then by all means tell them....but for someone to tell them in the nicest way without them asking for that opinion is hurtful to most on a message board where it's hard to really discern the real intention.....then others chiming in and making snarky remarks.....a lot of the time it is too time consuming to clean up a thread, as I did that one to make a point, that we just delete the whole thing and some valuable info could have gotten lost because some posters thought it funny to post some of the things they did....So there you have it and look....all in one paragraph. :)....Seriously...I was raised by an English Teacher and know very well how to do it all correct but this is a FUN message board where we don't need teachers looking over our shoulders. :)

No....everyone is entitled to post as they see fit......fonts, colors, one continuous sentence if they want, etc....If it's too hard to read, which I never have a problem reading, then move along...or read if you think you would enjoy......Now if the person "asks" for feedback on how it was written, then by all means tell them....but for someone to tell them in the nicest way without them asking for that opinion is hurtful to most on a message board where it's hard to really discern the real intention.....then others chiming in and making snarky remarks.....a lot of the time it is too time consuming to clean up a thread, as I did that one to make a point, that we just delete the whole thing and some valuable info could have gotten lost because some posters thought it funny to post some of the things they did....So there you have it and look....all in one paragraph. :)....Seriously...I was raised by an English Teacher and know very well how to do it all correct but this is a FUN message board where we don't need teachers looking over our shoulders. :)

Well you did break up the paragraph with smilies and ...:)

In the future, if a post is too difficult to read, I will move along and not comment.

Baby Boy, you are so "on point" about this. That last line is priceless. Thank you!

Please tell Chris that Glo said hi. I still look at the pictures we all took together. I will see you when you get off, and we board the Breeze. :D

Well to shed some light on that....Many years ago I was having electrical problems in my area with the transformer that is behind my house.... There would be a day or two with no electricity and I would go to Kinkos to use their computer....Several knew I was doing that and started calling me Host Kinky....Laura, in an attempt to be funny, added it to my name:p......so now you know the REST of the story. :D

So that's your "story" and you're sticking to it? ;)

Baby Boy, you are so "on point" about this. That last line is priceless. Thank you!

Please tell Chris that Glo said hi. I still look at the pictures we all took together. I will see you when you get off, and we board the Breeze. :D

Hey Glo.....long time dear....yes I will see her in two weeks....a bunch of us are getting together in NC. :D

OK will be guided accordingly. Like this place better when we can all have fun in the pursuit of our collective love of cruising.icon7.gif

OK will be guided accordingly. Like this place better when we can all have fun in the pursuit of our collective love of cruising.icon7.gif

Perfect and if we want to start sentences with verbs...so be it....lol....joking :D

Archived