Serenade balcony cabin for 4

We are going on the serenade of the seas in August with our son age 16 and daughter 14. We are booked into cabin 8088 with 2 Pullmans. Having read posts I am worried that this cabin will be big enough for the 4 of us for 12 nights as our son is nearly 6 ft. Does anyone know where the Pullmans pull down in the cabin? Also is there much noise in this cabin from the atrium? Our cruise price has also fallen three thousand pounds since we booked with an agent. Is there any chance of them reducing the price? I'm told not but it very galling. Would we be better upgrading to a junior suite although it has a bath when we like a shower. Thanks for your advice

We are going on the serenade of the seas in August with our son age 16 and daughter 14. We are booked into cabin 8088 with 2 Pullmans. Having read posts I am worried that this cabin will be big enough for the 4 of us for 12 nights as our son is nearly 6 ft. Does anyone know where the Pullmans pull down in the cabin? Also is there much noise in this cabin from the atrium? Our cruise price has also fallen three thousand pounds since we booked with an agent. Is there any chance of them reducing the price? I'm told not but it very galling. Would we be better upgrading to a junior suite although it has a bath when we like a shower. Thanks for your advice

We had a RFS in Jan & the pullmans came down from the ceiling in the 2nd bedroom. We didn't need them so asked for them to be put back up as they were like bunk beds.

If you are from Newbury UK it'll depend if your TA honours price drops. If not it's def worth asking about an upgrade to JS. We had a JS on our last cruise & it was about twice the size of a normal inside or balcony room. The balcony was a bigger too. The bathroom has a shower over the bath, a walk in closet & loads more storage space - we really liked it. It is def a lot more roomy/comfortable for 4.

Good luck.

Actually having checked today the cabin doesnt have pullmans I am told but 2 sofa beds so will be even more cramped than I thought - will these be ok for 2 large teenagers

We upgraded to a JS when we cruised with our 18 year old who is just under 6 foot. It was definitely worth it! The added space in the cabin and bathroom made it more comfortable for everyone. A cabin smaller than a JS may be too crowded.

Actually having checked today the cabin doesnt have pullmans I am told but 2 sofa beds so will be even more cramped than I thought - will these be ok for 2 large teenagers

Looking at different deck plans - they all state that the room has 2 pullman beds not 2 sofa beds. There definitely isn't enough floor space in the room for 2 sofa beds.

If you're able to upgrade for "free" I would in a heartbeat to a JS - there's a lot more room even with all the beds set up. The bathroom has room to turn around and even walk a few steps, has a full tub/shower and a walk in closet.

How about booking a separate inside cabin for the teens to sleep and change in? The bed arrangement is not the greatest for 4 people in a JS as noted above.

ITA with the above. While we love JS's (DH likes them better than GS's), either you and your husband or the two teens would have to share the sofabed. Not an ideal situation. At least in the balcony each person gets an actual bed.

Archived