Car Rental Shuttles at Port of Miami

2disneydads

You can use your emerald club for enterprise - they have a n office near POM.

Not sure they have an Emerald Line though. We'll get off the large comfortable bus at MIA and right into our car. And it's on the way to the Everglades which is our day's sightseeing before flying out of FLL.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Anyone know where you catch the national shuttle once disembarked or how early they run?

I used National after our Getaway cruise last year. Walk off the ship, outside the baggage claim area and across to the center sidewalk. If memory serves me right, the rental car shuttles were to the left and all the ways down the sidewalk but it could be that's where there was an empty space for the shuttle to park.

National's shuttle from POM to MIA was awesome. It took roughly 20 minutes to get from pickup to the front seat of the car. I recommend having a print out of your reservation instead of fumbling with the app. The shuttle driver was not letting anyone near the bus if they did not have proof of a reservation.

Most of the recent posts are folks looking for info to pick up a car after getting off a cruise. I'm looking to drop one off. I'll have picked up elsewhere in FL so I'd love to drop off closer to POM than MIA and get a free shuttle to the port.

I've found info on Budget, but would really prefer Hertz or Avis (points/club reasons). Can someone provide recent info?

Thanks so much

Indi

Most of the recent posts are folks looking for info to pick up a car after getting off a cruise. I'm looking to drop one off. I'll have picked up elsewhere in FL so I'd love to drop off closer to POM than MIA and get a free shuttle to the port.

I've found info on Budget, but would really prefer Hertz or Avis (points/club reasons). Can someone provide recent info?

Thanks so much

Indi

No free shuttles other than MIA near PoM. Maybe near Brickell..

Hertz has a down town branch; 229 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami Downtown, Miami, FL 33131

From there it's a 2-3 minute walk to the Intercontinental for a quick cab ride to the port, taxi line is plenty. You can drop off your bags at PoM first before returning the rental.

I also want to rent a car both before the cruise and after the cruise.

I called National about a shuttle to and or from MIA, and the girl I spoke with was clueless.

I just want to make sure, from someone who has done this recently, that there is a shuttle both ways to and from Miami airport to the Port of Miami for National customers?

thanks

Chris

:confused:

I also want to rent a car both before the cruise and after the cruise.

I called National about a shuttle to and or from MIA, and the girl I spoke with was clueless.

I just want to make sure, from someone who has done this recently, that there is a shuttle both ways to and from Miami airport to the Port of Miami for National customers?

thanks

Chris

:confused:

YES there is........:)

• 1 month later...
Funny you should post this as I JUST used the code myself, again, a few minutes ago and was surprised to see that it still worked and gave great one-way rates :D.

In my experience most major rental companies have no or a very low one way rental charge in the Miami / Ft Lauderdale area.

Thanks so much

Indi

We rent thru Hertz at FLL airport and dropped off at the downtown Miami location which is very close to POM--less than 5 mins away.

Hertz also provided a free shuttle. My DD and I were only ones on shuttle before and after cruise. So no reason to make an extra trip to port to drop off luggage. We waited maybe 10 mins for the shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I I ant a car at Fort Lauderdale airport and return it at POM Budget, they will provide a shuttle to the ship?

Thanks!

Yes, but you have to be sure to book the location code that includes shuttle in the location name. I did this successfully last year.

Pick Up Location

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL, FLL

600 TERMINAL DRIVE,4TH FLOOR, FT. LAUDERDALE/HOLLYWOOD APO

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33315 US

Drop Off Location

PORT OF MIAMI,P2F

89 SE 2ND STREET, PORT MIAMI SHUTTLE CRUISE SHIP

MIAMI, FL 33131 US

Yes, but you have to be sure to book the location code that includes shuttle in the location name. I did this successfully last year.

Pick Up Location

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL, FLL

600 TERMINAL DRIVE,4TH FLOOR, FT. LAUDERDALE/HOLLYWOOD APO

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33315 US

Drop Off Location

PORT OF MIAMI,P2F

89 SE 2ND STREET, PORT MIAMI SHUTTLE CRUISE SHIP

MIAMI, FL 33131 US

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

We rented a mini-van from Avis in FLL and returned to the Miami location on SE 2nd Street. Took over 2 hrs to return with many in line and hardly any assistance from Avis staff.

After cruise we rented from Budget next door to Avis in Miami and returned the minivan to FLL. We took a cab to rental office from the POM and walked up to counter and was in rental car in less than ten minutes. Budget and Avis share shuttle vehicles and pickup from several ships in port, so it is best to pay $20 for quick cab ride to avoid delays. Budget staff was far more responsive than Avis.

We also rented our minivans thru Costco and avoided charge for additional drivers.