"Deluxe Guarantee on Allure"

Getting ready to book a JS on Allure, and there is a deluxe guarantee available for substantially less.

My first thought was "hey, the WORST I can get is a JS!" But then I really thought about it. I was on Oasis a few years ago, and I was appalled at the aft facing Royal Lofts. I couldn't imagine getting one of those rooms, only to discover that you have a view of the basketball court and the mini golf.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Does a "deluxe" gty include a JS? I thought that was an E catagory? But, whatever....if you are particular about location, then do not book a gty....they can put you anywhere. It's best to book exactly what you'll be happy with!

Here's what it says. But what exactly is DECKPLAN CODE W???

Deluxe Guarantee

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a stateroom within a selected category, anywhere on the ship. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

DECKPLAN CODES: W

We're debating it for our Oasis cruise on Oct. 13 as well as it really isn't all that much more than what I paid for our current cabin. Just debating if I should pull the trigger or not. There are still a bunch of suites left in some categories...

Good luck with whatever you choose. To be honest, if I wasn't in the same situation in getting a "suite" without a good view, I'd probably not do it.

You should just book it as you'll most likely just get a JS anyway and they are pretty much all the same. I think you would be just fine in a CL suite even with a poor view. Plus you'd get all the benefits of true suites. However should you receive a cabin you don't like, you can call Royal or your TA and ask to switch to a different cabin WITHIN the same category. I did this on my Allure sailing a few weeks ago only within the same specific oceanview category.

• 1 year later...
You should just book it as you'll most likely just get a JS anyway and they are pretty much all the same. I think you would be just fine in a CL suite even with a poor view. Plus you'd get all the benefits of true suites. However should you receive a cabin you don't like, you can call Royal or your TA and ask to switch to a different cabin WITHIN the same category. I did this on my Allure sailing a few weeks ago only within the same specific oceanview category.

Is it possible to swap for a lower category suite?

If you wouldn't be happy with any cabin in the higher categories, don't do the guarantee.

I booked the W guarantee & was fortunate to be upgraded to a category I wanted (has a tub), but I was prepared to accept whatever I was given. IMO, that IS what a guarantee is...take what you are assigned & be prepared for the worst cabin in that category.

Getting ready to book a JS on Allure, and there is a deluxe guarantee available for substantially less.

My first thought was "hey, the WORST I can get is a JS!" But then I really thought about it. I was on Oasis a few years ago, and I was appalled at the aft facing Royal Lofts. I couldn't imagine getting one of those rooms, only to discover that you have a view of the basketball court and the mini golf.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

APPALLED? wOW! Have you been in these rooms?

We were upgraded to an aft C-Loft and were thrilled!!!

Sure we had a view of the zip line . But wow the second floor views were great and even from the balcony views of ship and sea were great too!

Plus the two beautiful residential style bathrooms! Ever had your very own bathroom while on a cruise..............too cool.

If you book your W, please understand that you probably won't be assigned your cabin until at the pier.
I booked a W on the Allure and received my cabin assignment before final payment. Most stories I have read are assigned sometime prior to sailing, sometimes only a week out but few people have to wait until they get to the pier.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I booked a W guarantee and was assigned my cabin 9 months in advance. Very few cabins get signed at the pier.

Probably should have used the word "might". Seems like lately people that aren't getting assigned before the pier are feeling like RCCL has something against them. It has been funny watching people B*tch about something that they know is a possibility.

Archived