RCCL-If you are reading please stop giving me a gift of a silly basket of nothing

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

And the silly gift was???

Maybe RCI should have the option to sign up for this gift rather than have someone like the OP waste it.

I happen to like it. We fly to and from many of our ports of embarkation and those snacks come in handy on some flights that don't offer anything substantial to eat. The fruit and nuts come in handy to throw into a backpack for the hikes we like to do in some ports.

I bet OP is in the minority on this. The food basket comes in handier than another hat or fanny pack - although I liked those type of gifts, too, if they would change them more often and be a bit more creative. We sort of had that at the D+ level until they started removing options in favor of more wine.

To throw it in the bin is RUDE and thoughtless IMO. There are plenty of people around the ship who would appreciate it. Give it away.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

It was a basket with a small packet of biscuits and a small packet of dried fruit with an enormous amount of hay/straw in the basket.

Seriously i do not wish to be ungrateful but i do not need biscuits or dried fruit, the ships always have lovely fruit and cookies on board.

The hats, bags etc i have made so much use of.

Please do not call me ungrateful but i hate to see the waste of money, all of us on the last cruise placed them in the bin.

You may not be ungrateful but you are wasteful!

You know back when they did hand out the hats, etc., people were ungrateful

for them and wanted something else. RC can't win.

Instead of throwing the gift away, just give it to your cabin steward and explain you do not want the gift.

When people compain about free gifts, sometimes those gifts disappear, such as the hats, fanny packs, picture frames etc. that we used to get. People belly-ached all over these boards about those gifts for years. Now they are gone. So please, if you don't appreciate a gift, just dump it and don't complain to RCI. Most of us appreciate the gesture.

I like the gift, I see nothing wrong with it.

Why didn't you offer it to someone else instead of throwing it away?

If things like this keep happening, we will be getting nothing and I don't know if that would make you happy or not. If so, just tell your room steward to take it away and it can be given to another person.

It was a basket with a small packet of biscuits and a small packet of dried fruit with an enormous amount of hay/straw in the basket.

Seriously i do not wish to be ungrateful but i do not need biscuits or dried fruit, the ships always have lovely fruit and cookies on board.

The hats, bags etc i have made so much use of.

Please do not call me ungrateful but i hate to see the waste of money, all of us on the last cruise placed them in the bin.

Guess you enjoyed the beverage that was included?:rolleyes: I believe that the Welcome Aboard Basked for Diamond Members has more than just a packet of biscuits and a packet of dried fruits.

When you get to Diamond Plus, you'll get a better selection of beverages and besides the packet of biscuits and dried fruits, you will also get nuts, cheese and crackers.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm with the OP on this. I brought up how stupid it was last year to give this and was chastised for it here. Not ungrateful, but good grief. Give me a free frozen drink or something, not this stupid thing

first picture is what it looks like wrapped up pretty.

Second is the contents

crown_and_anchor_gift_3.JPG

crown_and_anchor_gift_4.JPG

Edited by SeaUs

...I happen to like it. We fly to and from many of our ports of embarkation and those snacks come in handy on some flights that don't offer anything substantial to eat. The fruit and nuts come in handy to throw into a backpack for the hikes we like to do in some ports....

We do the same thing Gina. The snacks are a little reminder of our cruise on the flight home.

Looks like a good snack for a domestic flight! I love all 3 of them.Like some said, good snacks to put in your backpack. No way they will end in the bin. I was not raised that way. If you don't want it you give it to someone else.

I'm positive that the steward takes care of them when he sees them in the bin though.

Edited by Topo Gigio

I happen to like it. We fly to and from many of our ports of embarkation and those snacks come in handy on some flights that don't offer anything substantial to eat. The fruit and nuts come in handy to throw into a backpack for the hikes we like to do in some ports.

Gina

We do the same thing Gina. The snacks are a little reminder of our cruise on the flight home.

That is what we do and since they are pre-packaged you can remove them from the ship with no problem.

You know what I get in my cabin???? Nothing but a clean room and a week of vacation to look forward to!!!! I have a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way to go until I get burdened with such horrible gifts!!! So I don't really get why you're complaining about something like that. Or why you would prefer a cheesy fanny pack!!! :p

Although I agree that the basket isn’t the best gift. At the same time I believe I have 3 of the same baseball cap that I got as my gift before they baskets started. At least with the basket I “use” them each time.

I would hope that as our economy continues to turn around some of the older RCI SOP might return, i.e. the chocolates on the pillows at turn down. Maybe if that was to happen there would be possibility for “improved” C&A gifts, or at least the return of the hats, frames and bags.

And to be completely honest, is the most important part of your C&A membership the welcome gift…..NO

I did not like the hats.

I would rather have the gift basket and drinks. Unless DH gets late night munchies, we take the snacks on hikes or flights.

If you do not like them, just give them to somebody else. or give them back to the steward so they can go to somebody who will enjoy them.

please do not make fun of them or make a fuss...as you can see here, others are content with the gift.

You know what I get in my cabin???? Nothing but a clean room and a week of vacation to look forward to!!!! I have a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way to go until I get burdened with such horrible gifts!!! So I don't really get why you're complaining about something like that....

LOL! Indeed, and touché. Nicely put.

I also appreciate the Welcome Basket and beverage. Thank you RCCL for the little things that make us feel welcome. The items are great for excursions or the flights home. I guess there are people that will complain regardless of what the gifts are.:rolleyes:

Dear RCCL

Regards

I like the basket.....we usually consume all of it including the bottles of wine.

The hat, etc......I have too many.....the mixed nuts I can consume.

You really do sound a bit ungrateful.