RCCL-If you are reading please stop giving me a gift of a silly basket of nothing

We are D+ and our last gift basket had no nuts and no cheese & crackers. It was very poor. We thought RCCL had down sized the basket. We just left it for the cabin steward.

Rick and Deirdra

sounds like you got the wrong basket..

sounds like you got the wrong basket..

Believe you are correct. However, with RCCL's history of down sizing this and doing away with that, we figured just that it's another down sizing.

Rick and Deirdra

Ribbon was fun to use when I had a pony tail. But I will also keep the ribbon as I am sure someday I will find a use for it again.

Appreciate the basket and kindness of RCL having this gift waiting for me when I board the cruise. Enjoy the bottle of water or other beverage of choice as well.

I love walking into the cabin and seeing a welcome gift. It adds to the excitement of the trip and guess after 40 plus cruises will never tire of it. Yes, the higher up the ladder you get, things get a bit nicer, plus we travel in suites and the goodies never stop. I know, I know, we pay for it but I still enjoy the treats!!

We are D+ and our last gift basket had no nuts and no cheese & crackers. It was very poor. We thought RCCL had down sized the basket. We just left it for the cabin steward.

Rick and Deirdra

Deirdra...........and Rick. You two received the wrong gift!! If it ever happens again, keep it intact, and ask your room steward to swap it out for the correct one!!

You guys deserve the best!!;)

Rick

Does the Diamond gift include a beverage or just the Diamond Plus? We're Diamond on our upcoming cruise aboard the FOS.

All the gift baskets include a soft drink of your choice. The D+/PC choices add alcoholic beverages.

Edited by clarea

Gift basket -- In May, I was traveling with my Dad, age 88. He'd already eaten most of what was in the basket long before I had a chance to even see what was there. He also mentioned how much he'd enjoyed his 'treat'.

I'm looking forward to 'my' basket on my next sailing! I enjoy the nuts and the brownie and the vino.

Like many others, I received too many identical hats but managed to use most of them over time.

I honestly believe that a 'go green' tote bag - similar to what many grocery stores now offer for $3.99 - would be a great gift. We could carry our 'green RCCL bag' around with us - either as we bag groceries or head off to the beach. Great advertising for RCCL and reuseable over and over if the correct product to create a reusable bag is used.

Judy

We got one of those on our last member's cruise. It folds up so tiny and has a velcro strap to keep it that way when not in use. SO cool! I thought it was a great gift from RCI. You're right. They'd make a nice C&A welcome back gift. I wish they'd start that program again and just switch the items out on all ships each year. Those of us who cruise more than once a year can be gracious and share our extra items. :)

Gina

Ribbon was fun to use when I had a pony tail. But I will also keep the ribbon as I am sure someday I will find a use for it again.

Appreciate the basket and kindness of RCL having this gift waiting for me when I board the cruise. Enjoy the bottle of water or other beverage of choice as well.

Ma is that you? Sorry, for a moment I thought you were my ribbon scoffing, wrapping paper saving, empty box stacking mom. :D:D:D

For those that don't like the gift, return it to your cabin steward with a "Thanks but no thanks." Throwing it in the trash is poor form and could be mistaken for a bad attitude.

We take ours out of the box and put them in our tote bag. Sitting in the airport or on the plane home, it's a nice snack especially considering the fact that on the ship, I'm accustomed to a snack every 2 hours and I'm going through withdrawal.

Wow, the basket looks great! I'd love to see that in my cabin when entering. Unfortunately I'm only a lowly platinum level and certainly will never be weathly enough to progress to diamond. :(

I'm with you, in my 7 cruises with RCCL, we have only received hats on 2 occasions. I would love any kind of gift, and if I could not use it, I would bring it to a family gathering and give it to someone who could use it.

To me, a gift is a gift. Be gracious and say thank you. And if you don't care for it, then share it with someone else that you think might like it.

Well said, and I agree 100%

What has this OP done but to stir up the pot a bit.

I hope RCI DOES read this thread, and continue to give the majority who appreciate them, gifts such as these, and....

...gives the OP a lump of coal on her bed next time. :D

Believe you are correct. However, with RCCL's history of down sizing this and doing away with that, we figured just that it's another down sizing.

Rick and Deirdra

On 2 out of 3 of my last cruises I received the wrong basket. On the first one I said something to the steward about it, but never got the D+ basket. Last month on Allure I got the Emerald basket again. I took it down to the LA, Cindy, and she called housekeeping and had them deliver the correct basket.

I have to add, although wasteful, it doesn't appear to be out of line with any "gift" basket out there as far as too much paper stuffing. We received one from Harry & David and it was all things lined up on the surface and paper under neath. Wasteful yes, but it must be an effective marketing ploy to convince people they are getting more.

I tie the ribbon to my door handle to help me find my cabin.

I found the box useful in storing note pads, calculator, etc. on my desk here at home.

The wine was just the right size for me to take to a restaurant we go to that allows you to bring your own wine/alcohol.

The snacks get consumed on shore during excursions.

Tucker in Texas

In all our cruises on RCI we've never received any gift basket, even on our last one at Diamond level. Think we'll continue to order our own present to oursevles - wine, fruit & cheese plate delivered to the room for Sail-Away. Now.....how about those lovely blue plastic notebooks and pens to hang around your neck that they hand out at every Meet & Mingle! Have you ever seen anyone actually wear one around their necks?

If you are a Crown And Anchor member, you need to update your profile (see thumbnail, photo site off line), and state what you would like to receive for your welcome gift. However, there is no choice to not receive the gift basket, although it is shown on the page.

We recently made Diamond Plus, so I have attached a screen print of our selections.

GiftPrefD.jpg

Because we just made the milestone, we also get to select a bonus gift for next cruise. See Below:

BonusGift175.jpg

RCCL_Profile.jpg.391deff87a7160492c3c6990cbfa4a79.jpg

Edited by rakes5

What a hilarious thread! Cannot get started my housework for reading this and keep interupting my DH reading his morning newspaper to relay comments. Get a life folks! Actually we are D + and quite happy with gift just not packaging. As for the Alice White we leave it as I am a Chilean Merlot girl!!!!