RCCL-If you are reading please stop giving me a gift of a silly basket of nothing

101 replies and still no picture of the basket? :(

See post 15 :)

I'm with the OP on this. I brought up how stupid it was last year to give this and was chastised for it here. Not ungrateful, but good grief. Give me a free frozen drink or something, not this stupid thing

first picture is what it looks like wrapped up pretty.

Second is the contents

crown_and_anchor_gift_3.JPG

crown_and_anchor_gift_4.JPG

Shall we start a Save the Goody Basket thread?

I loved the hats, chocolates and love the goody basket. We don't eat the dried fruit so we leave it for our room steward.

We are thankful for all the nice little touches RC has provided in our cabins.

As far as the M&M blue neck hanging pads. I give them to children who come to visit us. They love them.

being born in the south, I was taught to accept any gift graciously and thank the giver, no matter what. A gift is just that, a gift. If I receive any gift I cannot use, I give it away, donate to silent auctions, etc. I would never complain about it nor do anything to hurt the feelings of the giver.

In RCCL's case, they just cannot win in a case like this. Can't please everyone. I'm sure there are those making decisions that would like to do away it all together for this very reason! :eek:

I agree with you, Bingo, and I was also raised in that manner. I thought the gift was a very nice gesture on RCL's part. On my last cruise, I sailed with my nephew who had never been on a cruise before and he was thrilled when I gave him my basket. I know the OP said they don't want to appear ungrateful (they did) but even if you don't want it, to throw it in the trash is both wasteful and, in my opinion, rude. Makes me wonder if someone gave them a birthday gift they didn't care for would they say they don't want it and throw it away in front of them.

Give the gift to a first time cruiser or if you see a child ask his or her parents if you can give it to the. I'm sure that both the child and the parents would appreciate te gesture.

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

Some people aren't happy unless they can b...h. I like the gift same as Gina. I like to snack on it on the trip home.

Ok, i have had enough now, lol. Wow you all certainly get so excited.

My concern over the gift was the waste, i was polite, i did not mean to offend and i certainly never wanted any of you not to get a gift, no matter how worthing or unworthing you considered it.

But from the comments on my last cruise, here was simply a gesture which was wasted, money wasted etc.

In conclusion it would appear that we ALL have different preferences, hats, frames etc etc and yes it must be difficult for RCCL to get it right.

RCCL if you are reading this conclusion please please do not stop giving gifts or i will eternally hated by so so many cruise criticers, lol. RCCL please just keep maintaining the standard of all aspects of the cruises that we love to enjoy.

I promise you all as a penance for mentioning my concern about the waste that i will eat the entire contents of the next basket.

I hope this will mean i am forgiven.

Happy crusing to you all and please enjoy whatever gifts you receive, your preference or not.

:p:p:p

I like the idea of getting something from RCCL! I earned it through my loyalty with RCCL. The munchies are portable since they are sealed and can be carried off the ship for use at a later date.

You could have knock on your neighbor's cabin door and given the basket to them or brought it to dinner with you and gave it to someone at your table. Or taken one of the packets with you to munch on during a visit ashore.

The only misleading thing is that it is called a "basket" when it is actually not a basket. Celebrity used to actually provide a canvas tote basket with their bunch of munchies.

Keep the "baskets" coming!

MARAPRINCE

It amazes me that discussions over trivial matters like these rack up some 200+ equally trivial comments in a matter of hours, while there are members who put in a lot of time and effort in posting helpful and informative reviews that, more often than not, will be buried and fogotten only after a handful of replies...and no, I'm NOT referring to any review of mine :). Just putting in my two cents.

I found the fanny pack so funny,then you go and say cheesy fanny pack.:D hillerious.

I live in england i guess you can figure it hehehe.

LOL it must mean the same thing it does in Australia. My Aussie friend and I had a good time playing in secret with each other's slang words when we were there a few months ago. Be careful what you say! Whisper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (now used more often because of the bad ad placement on the full CC website)

I love the welcome basket & beer, just sayin. :D Diamond plus also has a cheese spread & wafer crackers which make a great late night snack. If it wasn't something I liked I wouldn't complain as I was raised better. :rolleyes: Through the years we have gathered a bunch of Royal stuff we just didn't use but saved it and had a raffle at a cabin crawl I hosted to give it all away. Sure some appreciated the stuff and others didn't really care but they didn't complain and REMEMBER it's about the thought!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I don't usually eat the snacks, but bring them home to my girls as little goodies. They happen to love the hair ribbon and it's very useful for looping around the safes that fail to " pop" open anymore, to use as a handle To pull the door open.

We give away anything we can't use. I have a TA that gave us 2 bottles of embarkation champagne. Mom and I don't drink it and especially not with teen girls! I gave it away to the couple in the next cabin, they were thrilled! I sent a nice note to my TA thanking them. ( we also got,$25 OBC, which I found good use for! )

In the OP s defense ( defence;)) I would love for them to include more environmental " opt outs" in general, like the ice buckets and hanging towels. I'd opt out photos for instance since I rarely buy them ( though I do take my freebie;)) I'd probably opt out of the gift basket and the pillow chocolate, as we don't eat them. Ive even suggested having an opt out for the Cruise Compass in the past. People who want them could still get all they are entitled to!

It would probably be logistically tricky, but I suppose each cabin would have a little profile and the steward would work off of that.

as another lowly Gold member, I would gladly take the gift with a smile :) I like cookies, assorted nuts and dried fruit!

If we ever sail together Ryano- I hearby bequeath you with my fruit, cookies and nuts:D

Edited by Familygoboston

I think I have the solution. This should make everyone happy, even the Eco-weenies.

There is a company in the states that makes edible gift baskets. You don't like the candies and nuts? Fine, eat the basket.

Instead of a ribbon, tie on a small bungee cord - useful for keeping things open or shut.

Instead of the paper stuffing which gets tossed anyway, how about a small cheap golf towel - perfect for reserving chairs poolside.

There - problem solved. :D

I honestly believe that a 'go green' tote bag - similar to what many grocery stores now offer for $3.99 - would be a great gift. We could carry our 'green RCCL bag' around with us - either as we bag groceries or head off to the beach. Great advertising for RCCL and reuseable over and over if the correct product to create a reusable bag is used.

Judy

Oh, please, no! Princess gave us one of those on our last cruise. The last thing I need is another grocery bag - I still have some cloth ones that I've been using since 1985! And they look cheap (they are cheap, lol), so I'm not sure how good the advertising would be...

I like the little Gift basket as well ;) it does come in handy when you are coming back from a tour of some kind and starving to death!

Believe it or not, I like the Diamond basket best ( see picture posted by Arzeena) instead of the D+ one, that I get and it is because of the dried fruit

I also wish they would bring back some of the other items ( towels, totes, different type of hat )

We have enough caps to outfit a major league roster. I finally convinced DH to stop packing them. I'm sure our cabin attendant just passed them back to the Loyalty Ambassador.

My concern over the gift was the waste, i was polite, i did not mean to offend and i certainly never wanted any of you not to get a gift, no matter how worthing or unworthing you considered it.

I promise you all as a penance for mentioning my concern about the waste that i will eat the entire contents of the next basket.

I hope this will mean i am forgiven.

Happy crusing to you all and please enjoy whatever gifts you receive, your preference or not.

:p:p:p

LOL, you are forgiven. But the only waste was tossing the basket and its contents. The nuts in the baskets that we've gotten make a nice accompaniment to a cocktail, ditto the cheese & crackers. I'm. It above taking them to the Schooner Bar, which usually has no munchies.

LOL it must mean the same thing it does in Australia. My Aussie friend and I had a good time playing in secret with each other's slang words when we were there a few months ago. Be careful what you say! Whisper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (now used more often because of the bad ad placement on the full CC website)

Ok, I'm feeling a little ignorant!!! Obviously "cheesy" means something completely different in other parts of the world!!! If it means a naughty word, I did not mean that in any way, shape or form!!! :D

Ok, I'm feeling a little ignorant!!! Obviously "cheesy" means something completely different in other parts of the world!!! If it means a naughty word, I did not mean that in any way, shape or form!!! :D

Fanny is the naughty word. They don't say fanny pack. They say bum bag. Although I don't know if it's spelled bumm or another way.

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

First World Problems

Fanny is the naughty word. They don't say fanny pack. They say bum bag. Although I don't know if it's spelled bumm or another way.

It is spelt 'bum' and the word used in the US I won't even repeat because here that is very rude and considered disgusting to be used in conversation.