RCCL-If you are reading please stop giving me a gift of a silly basket of nothing

Did you ever get your cruise point total corrected?

Thank you! Yes I did. As much as we complain every now and then, I really think customer service wants to help. You just have to keep calling at times.

We appreciate everything we get...they don't owe us anything and it is a nice gesture. We might like different things also but I was taught to say thank you whenever I was given something and not complain because someone was kind enough to offer it. Kinda like going to someone's house for dinner and telling them you'd rather have something else?! In my mom's words..."Eat it and Like It or Leave the table!"

We appreciate everything we get...they don't owe us anything and it is a nice gesture. We might like different things also but I was taught to say thank you whenever I was given something and not complain because someone was kind enough to offer it. Kinda like going to someone's house for dinner and telling them you'd rather have something else?! In my mom's words..."Eat it and Like It or Leave the table!"

Like button!

We prefer the snack items, too, and I actually like the key lime cookies!:D We donated all of our hats to our local shelter as well as a few fanny packs & bags, now if I could only find a use for the drawer full of key rings!

Sherri:)

We pay for a cruise,and would be happy with just the cruise.So how can you complain ,if Royal Caribbean gives you a ball cap, fanny pack, cookies, nuts, are whatever.I see it as there way of saying thanks for cruising with us.And i for one think it is a good thing.:) :confused:

Edited by caribbean sailor

On our last cruise we didn't get the nuts/trailmix. We got the fruit (yuck) and key lime cookies(seriously?, I HATE key lime and it makes a terrible cookie). We like getting the free drink each, but if they want to give a free gift of food, make it something most people will eat, such as chocolate chip or sugar cookies. It's not like we cant' get cookies or other snacks onboard for free. I'd rather have the ranger cookies ;)

On our cruises last month on Radiance to Alaska we got chocolate biscotti cookies and they were wonderful.

I believe the type of cookies supplied depend on the distributor's location.

We never got the key lime cookies but would like to try. I grew up in the Keys and love key lime anything!!!

I love key lime anything, too. I'm surprised anyone wouldn't. I'm sure you know as well as I that there are entire stores dedicated to selling key lime everything. Have you ever had a key lime martini? Complete with graham cracker crumb rim? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (now used more often because of the bad ad placement on the full CC website)

I don''t like lime or "key lime" anything, but if it were a gift, the bottom line would be, Thank you.

I agree. I can understand and appreciate that some might not like key lime cookies just as I don't like anything with coconut in them. However, I don't think I should deprive anyone who enjoys those Coconut cookies the right to have them, nor would I ridicule anyone who finds key lime cookies tasty. To the OP my message would be: Be gracious and accept the gift for the thought behind it and try to be less judgmental would be a good motto to observe.:)

I agree. I can understand and appreciate that some might not like key lime cookies just as I don't like anything with coconut in them. However, I don't think I should deprive anyone who enjoys those Coconut cookies the right to have them, nor would I ridicule anyone who finds key lime cookies tasty. To the OP my message would be: Be gracious and accept the gift for the thought behind it and try to be less judgmental would be a good motto to observe.:)

You can bet I'd be giving coconut cookies away. I love piña coladas and coconut water but those shreds... They belong in someone else's food and gift basket. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (now used more often because of the bad ad placement on the full CC website)

You can bet I'd be giving coconut cookies away. I love piña coladas and coconut water but those shreds... They belong in someone else's food and gift basket. ;)

I hope we share a cruise someday. I'll give ya my key lime cookies, and I'll take your coconut.

See, we can all get along. LOL

On our cruises last month on Radiance to Alaska we got chocolate biscotti cookies and they were wonderful.

I believe the type of cookies supplied depend on the distributor's location.

I love chocolate biscotti:D

I just find it interesting that some people are concerned with hurting a corporation's "feelings". Why put human characteristics on a corporate decision? Who here has actually thanked anyone for their "gift"?

Edited by BND

I love chocolate biscotti:D

I just find it interesting that some people are concerned with hurting a corporation's "feelings". Why put human characteristics on a corporate decision? BTW, who actually thanks anyone for the gift basket? Anyone? :rolleyes:

Good question, but I actually do. I feel if you have a complaint and you make it known, you should also give credit where it is due. Corporations do listen, although it seems hard to be heard, I think they do listen.

Edited by Heidils

Calling all Diamond or Diamond+ members going on the 6/7/13 Alaska cruise: My boyfriend and I are in 9256; you are welcome to leave any unwanted baskets with us! (wouldn't THAT be a great first picture in my review - "and here is the mound of 200 gift baskets left at our door - BF ate them within 3 days....") :p

I hope we share a cruise someday. I'll give ya my key lime cookies, and I'll take your coconut.

See, we can all get along. LOL

It's a deal! :D

I actually saved my ribbons for a while. I had them tied to suitcases and just stuck in zippered compartments of my suitcases. Then I though, "what am I doing" and threw them all away. Now I wish I'd kept them. I'll just have to start a new collection.

But I never kept a box. Hmmmm.... what am I thinking? :p

Gina

I was actually a little excited that we made it to Emerald so we could get the little gift in our room! At Emerald, you get only one drink. Now we're Diamond (thank you to DH for the B2B(s) in Junior Suites!), so we get two beverages! It'll go a long way for my Diet Coke withdrawal when we cruise!

I'll admit that I could do without the hanging notepads at the M&M. Even our grandsons don't want them (and they were 3 and 6 when I offered them), so now I just refuse them. In 2008, because we were supposed to be charged the fuel surcharge and it was pulled right before our cruise, we got additional tote bags for "our trouble".

If ya really want some crap -- play trivia! :D Lots of highlighters!! We were lucky in March and won a couple of nice RCI umbrellas. I love mine!

But I'm so happy just to be on a cruise, I'll take whatever they want to throw at me!!

Edited by joand452

I was actually a little excited that we made it to Emerald so we could get the little gift in our room! At Emerald, you get only one drink. Now we're Diamond (thank you to DH for the B2B(s) in Junior Suites!), so we get two beverages! It'll go a long way for my Diet Coke withdrawal when we cruise!

I'll admit that I could do without the hanging notepads at the M&M. Even our grandsons don't want them (and they were 3 and 6 when I offered them), so now I just refuse them. In 2008, because we were supposed to be charged the fuel surcharge and it was pulled right before our cruise, we got additional tote bags for "our trouble".

If ya really want some crap -- play trivia! :D Lots of highlighters!! We were lucky in March and won a couple of nice RCI umbrellas. I love mine!

But I'm so happy just to be on a cruise, I'll take whatever they want to throw at me!!

Umbrellas sound great. I havent seen them before. We are grateful for any token of appreciation. As my DH says, " it's better than a stick in the eye".