RCCL-If you are reading please stop giving me a gift of a silly basket of nothing

I personally love the Diamond Plus basket for many of the reasons stated above. Another thought is to give it to your room steward. I received a 6 pack of cupcakes from my TA last cruise but I don't eat sweets so I gave him the cupcakes. He was very grateful. Just an idea.

BonVoyage

Dawna

What's wrong with bumping a thread; a topic is a topic is a topic. If a topic gets repeated people are told to search. If they search and revive a topic they are told to leave it dead:confused:

Search for information first, but if you still have questions, then post a new thread.

Two year old info about disliking free cookies should be left in the archives.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Have manners gone completely out the window along with common sense? It's a "thank you" and we appreciate the gesture, if nothing else. I still have the beach bags and somewhere in a storage box is the pleather frame. I still use the tote bag and dread the day when the last of our bags are worn out. On our last cruise, we had been in Italy prior to boarding the ship. I normally never buy the soda package, but I was THRILLED to see DIET coke instead of LITE coca-cola which tastes different so I immediately purchased a soda card and enjoyed my Diet coke. When the gift basket arrived, it had a light coke, which gave us a good laugh. We use the little snack packages for the day we fly home and flight. Being gracious about a gift seems to have grown out of style.

Over the years, we have gotten many gifts from Royal. We use the toiletry bags, tote bags, beach bags, hydration bottle, even the baseball caps. I like getting the little basket with cookies and dried fruits, and as hard as I try to save the "goodies" they always disappear into our tummies before the end of the cruise. I love getting the little plate with chocolate strawberries, etc, on formal night. If anything, I have the opposite complaint. When we were in the RFS last year, there were six of us trying to share everything (LOL) four of whom were Diamonds. Throw in an extra one for when we all share a cabin:D.

We are now Diamond+ and are looking forward to our gift basket on the next cruise. As said before, if you don't want the basket, bring it to the mingle - it will disappear.

If Royal is listening, please bring back the simple pen. You have no idea how much advertising you get for FREE when someone sees it and asks you if you have cruised on Royal and if you think they should give it a try. And it makes filling our customs forms so much easier;)

If Royal is listening, please bring back the simple pen. You have no idea how much advertising you get for FREE when someone sees it and asks you if you have cruised on Royal and if you think they should give it a try.

I usually like getting a pen but the RC ones were really cheap. They made them so bad you wouldn't want to steal them.

• 4 weeks later...
We are D+ and our last gift basket had no nuts and no cheese & crackers. It was very poor. We thought RCCL had down sized the basket. We just left it for the cabin steward.

Rick and Deirdra

We are also diamond plus. We just did a b2b2b and our gift box was different on one leg of our cruises. One had cookies and dried fruit only on a 14 day cruise. On the 4day cruise we had cheese, crackers, nuts and trail mix and on the 15 day we had cheese, crackers, nuts and trail mix.

Search for information first, but if you still have questions, then post a new thread.

Two year old info about disliking free cookies should be left in the archives.

But it is interesting to see that after 2 yrs. the baskets are still coming. :)

Edited by Ocean Boy

On our recent Freedom cruise we got a nice bag of shortbread cookies and they were really tasty. We ate both bags on our B2B over the course of the week.

They didn't come in a basket (just set on the desk), but we appreciated them and the thought.

The bottles of water are also nice, but we asked for them in the survey.

Tom

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

I didn't find this till 200 replies, I am going to read some. I'm going to guess a lot are flames. I like the new basket's better. The hats while nice looking are worthless to me. One size doesn't fit all. I don't need anymore picture frames. All our cruise portraits are stored where I can pull them up electronically.

Oh, an I like the dried fruit and cookies. Now if you want to bring something back, make it the Johnny Rocket fee waiver. (We can't drink two milkshakes unless we can comeback for the 2nd one later.

Edited by BillOh

Forgot to add we love getting the gift baskets. We take the dried fruit home to our grandson. Use the nuts on port days for a little snack and shared the cheese and cracker with the wine with friends.

Nuts, cheese? Oh, wait your Diamond, never mind. Now I have something to look forward to.

I sailed on Majesty of the Seas twice in the 2000's. The second time I got a lovely tote bag, and thought it was nice to get something for loyalty, so I was surprised when last year there was nothing for me when we sailed Freedom for our honeymoon. I guess when they changed the point system, it eliminated all lower tier gifts?

The so called "silly basket(s) of nothing" really came in handy while sitting at the airport and on the hour plus ride home. To the Op...A gift is a token of appreciation, not an item that we have personally selected. Rather than tossing it out just pass it on.

Nuts, cheese? Oh, wait your Diamond, never mind. Now I have something to look forward to.

IIRC, for cheese you'll have to look forward to the D+ basket

While on the ship, DH sometimes snacks on items from the basket. I tend to save the sealed packages for excursions or airplane.

To the OP-At least you got something...Just took my first cruise since January 2010 (2 kids in college...do you feel my pain?). We were Gold but turned Platinum on this cruise. For those of you going back that far, do you remember how everyone got a gift? Well, this past cruise I waited patiently for the gift to appear after dinner one of those nights, and guess what? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Was at Guest Services about something else, but asked about the gift and was told it was done away with for my level. So I guess if I want a hat or tote bag, I need to BUY it! At this point, I wouldn't complain about a basket with SOMETHING in it!

To the OP-At least you got something...Just took my first cruise since January 2010 (2 kids in college...do you feel my pain?). We were Gold but turned Platinum on this cruise. For those of you going back that far, do you remember how everyone got a gift? Well, this past cruise I waited patiently for the gift to appear after dinner one of those nights, and guess what? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Was at Guest Services about something else, but asked about the gift and was told it was done away with for my level. So I guess if I want a hat or tote bag, I need to BUY it! At this point, I wouldn't complain about a basket with SOMETHING in it!

Oh, yeah those gifts are long, long gone. We usually got hats, and they never fit us well. I like the basket better.

Sorry that you were looking forward to it. I hope you had a great cruise anyway.

There are no gifts until you get to D+. You get to choose one gift from a list. At 350 points you get to choose 2 gifts and at 525 points you get to choose 3 gifts. On my last 2 cruises there was a new welcome basket which is now in a bag that includes almonds and shortbread cookies (for D+). Welcome basket/bag starts with Emerald and includes a beverage of choice.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We are also diamond plus. We just did a b2b2b and our gift box was different on one leg of our cruises. One had cookies and dried fruit only on a 14 day cruise. On the 4day cruise we had cheese, crackers, nuts and trail mix and on the 15 day we had cheese, crackers, nuts and trail mix.

Looks like you got the Diamond basket by mistake on the 14 night cruise.

You do not have to be D+ to get the welcome aboard gift box. I believe the welcome gift begins at Platinum, but I could certainly be wrong and it be Emerald. However, you have to be D or D+ to get alcoholic drinks with the welcome aboard gift. For that you have to fill in your prefernces on the RCI website. It's not much, but I appreciate any freebies that RCI wants to give me. I've certainly had all the fanny packs, hats, bags and pleather frames I can use, so the welcome aboard gift is fine with me.

Dear RCCL

(I hope you are reading this, i have informed your customer relations department as well).

On my recent cruise, Navigator of the Sea, the diamond members had a good laugh about the silly gift that is delivered to our state room as a gift.

The concensus was please do not give it to us we simply all placed it in the bin!!!

Bring back the hats, bags, etc or please do not waste your money on that basket.

RCCL your intentions are honourable by offering a gift, please do not be offended but i simply cannot use it.

Regards

How kind of you

Starry Eyes: Yes, we had a fantastic cruise! Overall, I did not notice any glaringly negative changes in the 4 years since we've cruised (other than the lack of a gift, which certainly did not get my panties in a knot!), and our last cruise was the same itinerary and ship as the one we just did (Freedom Eastern Caribbean).