Cupcake?

We are going on the FOS and are wondering about the cupcakes. We love sweets and cupcakes are usually a good treat. Are the cupcakes really good or average? Should we pre order or not? :confused:

I think you will get different responses on this, but my suggestion is to just get them when you get on the ship. They also have a cupcake decorating class on the Freedom, that you might be interested in. The nice thing about getting them onboard (to me) is you can get a different one each day if you like and they are fresher. They also have mini cupcakes, so you can try a smaller one to see how you like it. Enjoy the Freedom, it's a remarkable ship!

I read once about someone here who pre-ordered 4 cupcakes to be waiting in the cabin when they boarded. It was a lovely surprise but most of them went uneaten, simply because of the sheer volume of food and snacks available. There are desserts and goodies galore (not free cupcakes, mind you) and there is certainly enough choice that you may not even miss the cupcakes.

Reports here have ranged from awful and dry, to very good indeed.

Sometimes they have mini cupcakes which are half the price of the regular. Those are good to sample so you don't have to buy a regular one if you don't like it. AND....if you do really really really like it, there is a cake size cupcake that you can buy have all for yourself! :)

We had two of them on the Liberty and they weren't too bad. Not great mind you. Mostly it is the decoration that catches the eye. Lots of sugary frosting.

So far, the reviews I've read have been 50/50...some good, some bad. There's sooooo much to eat on the ship, that paying for a cupcake seems a bit silly to me. Cake is everywhere! But, go for it, if you want! I certainly wouldn't "pre-order"...they are readily available if you want one.

On our honeymoon the lovely people from rcl had a bottle of cava and 4vanilla cupcakes waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded. They were lovely but as another poster mentioned, we didn't actually get to eating all of them as we were so full all the time with all of the delicious food on board. We did have two of them with a glass of bubbly leaving port. There was alot of frosting on them and I remember thinking they were very sweet and I have quite a sweet tooth ;)

I had one - a red velvet with cream cheese icing - and though it was good, I thought the price of $2.50 was outrageous. After tasting the RCCL one, I knew I could make nearly a dozen just as good for that price. Nonetheless, I did have to try just one....:)

The case they store them in is refrigerated, so I like to get several and take them back to my cabin and let them come to room temperature. Cold cupcakes are not very good! I liked the turtle and the oreo one!

The case they store them in is refrigerated, so I like to get several and take them back to my cabin and let them come to room temperature.

This.

The cold cupcake (lemon, in my case) was hard and the flavor was lost in the chilled frosting. It was much better after it warmed up.

Did the cupcake decorating on Oasis last Dec. It was the only thing on the ship, that I can

really say was not worth the money.

The cupcakes were not very good. The buttercream icing was melting as it was coming out of the icing cone.

Who needs a huge lump of cake and icing on a ship with unlimited food????

Thanks everyone for posting. I will pass on the pre-order, likely try the small version, and eat all of the free desert to feed my sweet tooth.

That is what I was going to recommend, wait and see what strikes your fancy that they may come up with. I had a hard time passing on the bananna ones.

Archived