Veendam Bermuda June 17 sailing

Suzi4

Hello everyone,

As promised to some of you here, I wanted to give our voyage review on the Veendam to Bermuda. Some of you may remember, I surprised my niece with the 7 Day Bermuda cruise on the Veendam. We had a wonderful time in NYC and couldn’t wait to relax on our little ship and that is exactly what we did. Sailing out of NYC is amazing and having beautiful weather made it even more amazing. Our cabin was 188 balcony stateroom it was perfect for us. The storage space was more than what we needed, our balcony was very private and deeper than most standard size balconies one might be use to. I can’t say enough good things about our cabin stewards, matter of fact every crew member we encountered were outstanding. Very sweet and aim to please not sure how anyone could want more than that. My thoughts of the Veendam are found ones, she is a charming little ship, easy to walk around and the furnishing were very nice. The food at the Rotterdam dining room & Lido was wonderful, I especially enjoyed the soups offered. Again, the service was always outstanding. We both really enjoyed the entertainment, I wasn’t expecting much because of the itinerary (strange of me maybe?) but it exceeded my expectations and I believe everyone enjoyed themselves at the shows.

The only real problem I had was the painting that took place on the port side, the noise and smell made our balcony useable while we were in Bermuda. They stared at 7 am and stopped at 7 pm. I wasn’t very happy about that, but I didn’t complain (should have) I understand they have to maintain the ship, but 4 days on a 7 day cruise was pushing my “I’ve had it” button… Our room faced the harbor and had beautiful views, we would have loved to have breakfast there but it wasn’t possible. One other small problem was “anytime dining” seems everyone wanted the same time making the wait crazy long, over an hour. We went at 7:30 pm we wanted to give up the wait and go to the Lido, but it closed at 8:00 pm. On the last night we went to the dining room at 5:30 pm with no wait and no problems.

Bermuda is a beautiful island, the beach really has a pink shad to it and the rock formations are stunning, between the rocks, pink sand and the water with gorgeous tints of blue and greens makes it in my top 5 pretties beaches I’ve seen. I loved the 4 day itinerary, and if offered again I would 100% do this sailing again on the Veendam.

Honestly it was a wonderful cruise, great staff, delicious food and very comfortable ship. I would highly recommend the Veendam.

11.jpg.62583b09dce57cec63cde38398ac422a.jpg

7.jpg.8858625c744ee9fc8c8680878d1351fa.jpg

9.jpg.20ed7a6055588fac747bb7a0924f4c6b.jpg

2.jpg.f49b02abe130edc553c5e6127a0d3511.jpg

1.jpg.a384896804f07ccd266113caa5edbc19.jpg

3.jpg.7c288b66b4f609bd04cb9888197654ca.jpg

8.jpg.7dde8af45be2d4fa7e06298504a9b23f.jpg

So nice of you to come back to report:) Thank you so much:):) Great review and sorry to hear again about paint fume problems.

sounds like a great cruise overall though - thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us:D

Nice you had a great time, you are right sailing out of the uptown pier is really great, if you were up early the return trip is also great, what a lot of our ancestors saw first of our country. it's a shame HAL uses Bermuda as a ship yard.

Archived