5 person inside summit

bones774

My t/a is trying to sell me a 5 person i/s cabin on the Summit, i usually like to go with 2 cabins just for better privacy and 2 bathrooms makes things easier within the family.

Has anyone tried the 5 person i/s cabin, i find this unusual for a cabin other than a suite, i've always seen 4 person cabins? and if you are familiar can you supply room number so i can see deck plan.

Thanks

My t/a is trying to sell me a 5 person i/s cabin on the Summit, i usually like to go with 2 cabins just for better privacy and 2 bathrooms makes things easier within the family.

Has anyone tried the 5 person i/s cabin, i find this unusual for a cabin other than a suite, i've always seen 4 person cabins? and if you are familiar can you supply room number so i can see deck plan.

Thanks

My advice for what it's worth: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT!

I don't think they'll even allow 5 in an inside. You might look at a FV if you want to stay together. Still, one bathroom.

They will do it, my t/a is offering it and quick search of past threads also does indicate it. You never know, a 5 person cabin offering might turn out to be quite an upgrade you just don't know, others can share experience.

They will only allow 5 people in FV rooms, it has a amazing balcony!:o

The Corner FVs are the best cabin values on the ship. I've been in them several times on TAs and absolutely love them.

Thanks

Why won't your TA supply you with the cabin number???? Deal sounds fishy to me. As many others have said, they have never heard of an inside cabin that will accommodate 5 people. If your TA won't supply you with the cabin number so you can check it out, I'd run not walk to another TA.

They will do it, my t/a is offering it and quick search of past threads also does indicate it. You never know, a 5 person cabin offering might turn out to be quite an upgrade you just don't know, others can share experience.

Your t/a may offer it but Celebrity will not, when we took our whole family on a cruise a couple of years ago, our 1 daughter has 3 children & Celebrity would not allow it, so we got 2 adjoining cabins for her & her spouse & 3 kids, which was tight even then but it did have 2 bathrooms which was great.

OP, I'd also be interested in what thread/post you found after a quick search that discussed a 5-person inside SR. Please post where that one is. This all sounds very implausable if your TA isnt giving you a SR # and you are asking us for one.....

What did you use to search for a 5-person SR, inside or not.

Den

Bones: Is it possible you're actually considering an FV cabin? I ask because those are the only cabins I've ever heard of on Celebrity that will fit 5 of any age.

The FV cabins on Summit are aft veranda cabins and the largest non-suite cabins on the ship - actually larger than many suites. They are sort of split into two rooms with a sitting room having two sofa beds (one sleeps 2 and one sleeps 1). There is tons of storage and HUGE verandas.

Still I'd be hesitant to book 5 adults into one due to only one small bathroom and I've heard the sofa beds are not very comfortable for adults to sleep on.

I would strongly suggest at least 2 adjoining, or nearby, cabins if you're talking about five adults. If you have 3 small children the FV cabins would be ideal.

On the Mercury we were put in a family inside that did hold 5 people. It was a two sectioned room with a queen bed in one section and two twin beds in the other section. Above the twins there was at least one pull down bed on the wall. We were just two adults with so much space we didn't know what to do with all the extra storage.

Of course, the Mercury is not part of the fleet now and I don't know if any of the current ships have that kind of configuration. Maybe the Century?

Rose-Linda

We made friends with a family of 5 in an inside room (Cat 11) on the Constellation several years ago. It was two adults and three kids (all 12 and younger).

The inside rooms with two beds from the ceiling plus pull-out couch will sleep 5. They were very cramped but they only used the room for sleeping!

We made friends with a family of 5 in an inside room (Cat 11) on the Constellation several years ago. It was two adults and three kids (all 12 and younger).

The inside rooms with two beds from the ceiling plus pull-out couch will sleep 5. They were very cramped but they only used the room for sleeping!

I guess now I have heard of it! Wouldn't be our choice to travel in so crowded a room but I guess it would work for some. While one bathroom seems difficult, there were many trips where our family of 5 stayed in one hotel room when the kids were young and it didn't seem quite so bad back then.

Bones: Best bet is to check out the room by looking at a deck plan. If you can get a room number of the cabin, or a typical one if there isn't an assignment yet, then you can search this forum with the room number and/or ask about it here to get comments from others who've stayed in that cabin or a similar one. There are also web site where you can view cruise ship deck plans with photos of particular cabins or classes of cabins on specific ships submitted by past passengers. Can't put name or link here due to CC rules but Google should help you find it.

I just spoke with my t/a and he says Celebrity has to assign the cabin number, they don't show up on inventory, and he doesn't know till he speaks with them, who knows what may be left in inventory that they want to give up?

He also said he is not recommending it but just providing me the alternative, he's always been straight and solid with me.

I just spoke with my t/a and he says Celebrity has to assign the cabin number, they don't show up on inventory, and he doesn't know till he speaks with them, who knows what may be left in inventory that they want to give up?

He also said he is not recommending it but just providing me the alternative, he's always been straight and solid with me.

It sounds as though your TA is offering you a guarantee. All guarantees are associated with a given class of cabins. The guarantee gets you "at least" the class guaranteed and possibly an assignment to a higher category cabin. You need to know the category of guarantee the TA is looking for. If it is truly an "inside" guarantee then it could be a category 12, 11, or 10 inside cabin - not one of the larger cabins. It could also be a Category 11 guarantee, although these are not often offered that way. But if by chance it is an FV guarantee then your TA has misunderstood the categories and it is one of the great FV aft veranda cabins.

If it is an inside, or category 12 or 11 guarantee, then you should be prepared for a very basic small inside cabin and also be prepared for it to be the least desirable location for that class of cabin. Yes you could be assigned a much nicer class of cabin but the chances are not great and you should not rely on it. If it is an FV cabin then it will be a very nice cabin and you should jump at it unless you feel that you need the benefits of two separate cabins such as two bathrooms or some privacy or unless you children are fully grown and you have concerns over whether they'd be comfortable on the sofa beds.

On the Mercury we were put in a family inside that did hold 5 people. It was a two sectioned room with a queen bed in one section and two twin beds in the other section. Above the twins there was at least one pull down bed on the wall. We were just two adults with so much space we didn't know what to do with all the extra storage.

Of course, the Mercury is not part of the fleet now and I don't know if any of the current ships have that kind of configuration. Maybe the Century?

Rose-Linda

Disregard

Archived