changing staterooms

lindseyn06

I was wondering if anyone knew the cutoff for changing your stateroom (im thinking about switching from an inside to a balcony)? Also, this will be my first cruise so I was wondering, is it worth it to get a balcony room?

You should check with your cruse line about the cutoff time.

In terms of a balcony the biggest benefits are being able to bring in fresh air to the room along with outside light and the enjoyment of sitting outside or standing and taking in the views.

Like most things in the end it is a personal decision and one where your overall budget and disposable income will come into play. On top of this consider the itinerary of your cruse and how much time you may use the balcony.

Keith

Pretty much the cut off for changing staterooms is the day before the cabin you want to change to is no longer available. As as long as the category or cabin that you want is still available, you can change.

there's no hard and fast date.. once the category is sold out, that's it. and yes Balconies tend to go before insides or Ocean views,

for US, we will not travel in anything LESS than a balcony. ( and we prefer suites but cannot always afford them) but we spend a lot of time in our cabin sitting outside and enjoying a cup of coffee or a glass of wine

It all depends on the climate for us. A transatlantic would be an oceanview but in a warmer climate the balcony is nice. But the inside cabin might be best if you are subject to motion sickness.You could ask for a guaranteed oceanview and hope for an upgrade. That would be a good compromise and possibly save a few dollars. No cut off as far as I know. It will depend on what's available

~Doris~

Is it worth it? I think you will spend about 1 hour per day on it .

I depends. I don't smoke, and most ships allow smoking on balconies. My last balcony was on the Carnival Conquest. My neighbors just forward of my cabin smoked heavily making the balcony less enjoyable for me. Also, I like inside cabins because I can sleep later, plus I can take more cruises for the same money with an inside cabin. Also, some balconies are not very private. I had one where the lido deck could see right into my balcony. So, no going outside undressed, unless I wanted to put on a show.

I depends. I don't smoke, and most ships allow smoking on balconies. My last balcony was on the Carnival Conquest. My neighbors just forward of my cabin smoked heavily making the balcony less enjoyable for me. Also, I like inside cabins because I can sleep later, plus I can take more cruises for the same money with an inside cabin. Also, some balconies are not very private. I had one where the lido deck could see right into my balcony. So, no going outside undressed, unless I wanted to put on a show.

We sail on Princess. Smoking is prohibited on the balcony. We probably average 3 to 4 hours a day. Just about every evening we are out from 5 to about 7:30.

Archived