celebrity europe 2013 sale

petsgalore

just saw there is a sale on until 8 july. on certain european cruises pay for an inside and get a balcony cabin, some are book ocean view and get balcony. most sailings included seem to be during the summer months. the balcony cabin is a guaranteed.

I too found the sale yesterday when I called to book a June 3, 2013 cruise. Balcony guarantee for inside price. Saved $1100.00 and am very happy! Also, my first time with Celebrity and am going on my very first cruise next month. Woot!

We also took advantage of this sale for Silhouette July 19, 2013 - balcony guarantee for inside price. This will be our first Celebrity cruise, we have been wanting to sail with them for a while. Great itinerary and lovely newer ship! :D

I just called Celebrity. The promotion is for sailings April-Sept. incl. I asked if there was going to be a promotion for Oct. Of course no one knows! However, I was told that since I got the Captain's Club OBC which was the promotion when I booked our cruise, if I changed to a new promotion, I would lose it.

Does anyone have experience with this?

So how do these work exactly? It looks like you can't book it online - you have to call? And you can't pick your cabin, you are just guaranteed a verandah but you don't know which one?

We literally just booked an Aug '13 Equinox cruise around the Med. We got a 1A stateroom. The website is still showing the same price for a 1A even though on the main page, it indicates a verandah is the same price as an inside room.

We are booked on the Silhouette in Oct/13. No sale! I hope we will have one also and very soon.

I had Concierge class last November for $999, 11 days Equinox. I will wait for a better deal next year for my October cruise. If it doesn't happen there are other options. Europe is hurting and airfares are more than the cruise so I am expecting discounts like this year. I hope!

I currently have a reservation for May 2013 on the new Reflection ship. I think I am going to cancel my reservation, since it is the same price for the inside cabin anyway, and book a new reservation to take advantage of this deal.

You don't need to cancel, just call your TA or Celebrity and say you want the new cabin category. EM

So how do these work exactly? It looks like you can't book it online - you have to call? And you can't pick your cabin, you are just guaranteed a verandah but you don't know which one?

We literally just booked an Aug '13 Equinox cruise around the Med. We got a 1A stateroom. The website is still showing the same price for a 1A even though on the main page, it indicates a verandah is the same price as an inside room.

The low price showing is for a gty verandah...you are guaranteed a balcony cabin in any of the categories. You don't get to choose your cabin. EM

Is this deal on in the UK also, Have had a look on the celebrity website and the prices are the same as before. We have a Baltics cruise booked for June 2013 we have a inside cabin don't know if this is one of special offer cruises. Here in the Uk we tend to have different offers.

My 8-night Fjords cruise on the Eclipse isn't included in this sale. I was already wondering why our 8 night was priced higher than the 10 night cruises on the Infinity and now this sale comes along. At this point in time I'm considering jumping ship in order to save $1200 and get 2 additional days. OMG, what to do, what to do!

If I've booked through a TA and placed an initial deposit would they be able to switch cruises for us?

:confused:

Oh yes I just looked it up and it says that it is for NEW bookings only. That means I would have to cancel and rebook our cruise

I do not see that any place on the website. If you look up cruises under Specials, it does say 'Book between July 2-8', but if you just look them up under 'Plan your cruise', nowhere does it say the fares are for new booking only. And when I pointed out the fare structure to my TA, she had no problem getting me the lower fare. EM

I looked and our cruise 11/1/13 is not included in this. Pooh....

We did get the $400 obc when we booked during the promotion earlier this year though.

Last cruise I checked one day and they were running a senior discount and I automatically saved $800 so just called and got it.

Hopefully they will throw something like that our way.

I looked and our cruise 11/1/13 is not included in this. Pooh....

We did get the $400 obc when we booked during the promotion earlier this year though.

Last cruise I checked one day and they were running a senior discount and I automatically saved $800 so just called and got it.

Hopefully they will throw something like that our way.

Yikes! Don't say you got it 'automatically'! You DO have to find it yourself and call to request the price change. I am afraid some might read this and think they will automatically get the lowered price. You HAVE to watch out for yourself!

When I have a cruise booked, I check every day. It has paid off in a big way every time!

You can say that again, Cathy. It takes constant vigilance to catch the deals that come and go.

Thank you petsgalore for starting this thread. I don't think I'd have realized that this sale was happening and would have missed it, as I've just been browsing the category that we had booked to see if t he price has changed. Because of this post, I cancelled our May 3 on the Eclipse and switched to a longer cruise on the Infinity while saving a little over $1300. The only downside is that I had to bid adieu to the sunset veranda cabin that we had booked. For $1300 I'll take a chance. Life is an adventure!

Yikes! Don't say you got it 'automatically'! You DO have to find it yourself and call to request the price change. I am afraid some might read this and think they will automatically get the lowered price. You HAVE to watch out for yourself!

When I have a cruise booked, I check every day. It has paid off in a big way every time!

Oh I did have to call and request it but it was like "so easy"....

We just book the Equinox during this sale. We tried to book early in the day and we were told the promotion was sold out for the sailing we wanted. I called back about an hour later and was able to book the cruise. We are very excited as we really like the Solstice class ships.

We sail al lot ( but not too often on Celebrity) so really any balcony cabin is fine with me. I’m sure we’ll be assigned one of the obstructed cabins, or a very forward or aft - but that is OK.

Now - airfare and excursions!

M

Archived