11:10 am flight out of JFK from Brooklyn pier?

baz48

Our flight time with Delta was changed to 11:10 am out of JFK on a Tuesday morning. Our ship is scheduled to arrive in Brooklyn at 7:15 am. We have to go through customs since we've sailed from Canada. If we walk ourselves off the ship and we use a car service, do you think that's enough time?

Thanks!

If everything goes absolutely positively on schedule and there is no snafu with ANYTHING and you do the "self walk off"....... you're probably OK...(note, I said probably). I would book a later flight and if you get to the airport early enough and there are seats on the 11:10, they probably, (I did not say for certain) will put you on it for no fee. If you book it, and arrive too late, they probably (again, I did not say for certain) will charge a fee to put you on a later flight. Again, this all assumes there are seats on flight you did not initially book. I wouldn't take the chance, I'd book a later flight that at least you know for sure, you have seats on, and see what happens. My biggest concern is not getting off the ship in a timely manner, it's the traffic snafus that ALWAYS seem to occur getting to JFK.

Checking in at JFK can be painfully slow and the TSA as well. Negotiate with your airline to get a better flight out.

Delta at JFK is a mess right now with terminal construction and with Delta being in 3 different terminals (T2/T3/T4). You can even have terminal changes if you are getting on an arriving flight that has delays. I just was supposed to arrive at T3 (old Pan Am Terminal) ended up at T4, they were paging outbound passengers in the terminal as we deplaned.

The terminals are connected on the air side (behind security) by a gate shuttle that is pretty quick but you will be going thru TSA so who knows.

Archived