Is It Me Or Does Liquor Seem Water-Downed?

I love a good shot of Jack Daniel's along with a cold bottle of Molson. But it has seemed that the Jack was watered down a bit and when I called the bartender on it he just smiled and offered to make me another one. This time it tasted like it should.

Is it me or does it seem like water downed alcohol to you? :confused:

Did you get your jack stright up?, Chilled?, on the rocks?, could be a bunch ofdifferent factors but doesnt discount the fact that there could have been a tactic from either side...

I certainly didn't have that problem. I never felt that my drinks were lacking in liquor.

I always drink it straight up. And yes, he did pour it from another bottle, and it was fine.

I worked in bars & nightclubs for many years and never even heard of anyone in the business putting water in with liquor in a bottle to make it go further.

That is one of the stupidest thing people say.

The profit margin on liquor is very high to began with, and being on a ship without all the taxes it makes even more money.

The bartenders wouldn't never do it..

I LOVE a good vodka and pineapple juice when on vacation. I found the drinks to be consistently weak on both the Mariner and Adventure. It was a few years ago but I remember not ordering many because I felt I was being served $8.00 juice.

I worked in bars & nightclubs for many years and never even heard of anyone in the business putting water in with liquor in a bottle to make it go further.

That is one of the stupidest thing people say.

The profit margin on liquor is very high to began with, and being on a ship without all the taxes it makes even more money.

The bartenders wouldn't never do it..

Whether is is "one of the stupidest thing people say" is your opinion, and you are entitled to that, but a statement like that is certainly not nice.

I never said I thought anyone. i.e., the bartenders, put water in the liquor, I just merely said it seemed to be water-downed, but the moment he gave me a fresh drink, it was at that time a big difference in the taste, and that was my first drink of the day.

I love a good shot of Jack Daniel's along with a cold bottle of Molson. But it has seemed that the Jack was watered down a bit and when I called the bartender on it he just smiled and offered to make me another one. This time it tasted like it should.

Is it me or does it seem like water downed alcohol to you? :confused:

No.

I too think this is one of the more baseless concerns people have, be it on a cruise or on land. There is a HUGE profit margin in booze. It's not worth all the potential problems to even bother to do this.

Perhaps you got a glass that had a little water in it before he poured it by mistake.

Whatever the reason was, I am confident they do not have coordinated campaign in place to "water down" the booze.

I've never drunk "straight" liquor...but all of my mixed drinks have been MUCH stronger than at a land-based bar, with few exceptions! I know they charge a pretty penny for drinks, but I feel, as far as mixed drinks go (not much you can do with beer or wine!) that you get MORE than your money's worth!

In all my cruises, I have never had a weak drink. Once, on the Serenade, I ordered a gin & tonic. It was so strong I had to ask for a bigger glass and extra tonic. It was in a small rocks glass and must have been at least a triple (I know of what I speak- I was a bartender for 7 years).

Any chance that he poured something other than Jack? I can't imagine that they would water down their liquor since they already make so much profit on drinks.

I've never drunk "straight" liquor...but all of my mixed drinks have been MUCH stronger than at a land-based bar, with few exceptions! I know they charge a pretty penny for drinks, but I feel, as far as mixed drinks go (not much you can do with beer or wine!) that you get MORE than your money's worth!

I absolutely agree with you on the mixed drinks. They are too strong.

But thanks everyone for giving me your thoughts. Not trying to stir up things, but it was only how I felt.

Whether is is "one of the stupidest thing people say" is your opinion, and you are entitled to that, but a statement like that is certainly not nice.

quote]

Don't be so "sensitive".

I wasn't even talking about you personally..

When people use the term watering down drinks, they usually don't even know what they are talking about. They normally mean "weak" drinks.

But if you said that it tasted watered down, than you did mean putting water in the bottles. How else could it be"

I am just telling you that bars don't pour water in liqour to make extra money. That is considered fraud.

At least not in the States.......

quote]

Don't be so "sensitive".

I wasn't even talking about you personally..

When people use the term watering down drinks, they usually don't even know what they are talking about. They normally mean "weak" drinks.

But if you said that it tasted watered down, than you did mean putting water in the bottles. How else could it be"

I am just telling you that bars don't pour water in liqour to make extra money. That is considered fraud.

At least not in the States.......

Ok..enough already.

Archived