Island princess review

treinke

I posted this on the Alaska board but wanted to share it here also.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1664821

A few comments that I forgot. The dining room attire for smart casual was a joke. There were so many people in jeans and thirst that my husband and I felt out of place in slacks and a dress. We went through the trouble of bringing these clothes so that we could enjoy the dining room. It was very disappointing that others did not feel the same way. If those people had been told they weren't dressed appropriately it would made seating those of us that were much eaisier

We only saw two of the shows in their entirety. We missed the welcome aboard because of the long wait for dinner and we were doing something else to miss half of the Motown show. After watching the others, we didn't miss much. We are spoiled because our daughter is a dancer and we've spent many years watching recitals and musicals. We walked out of the magician/comedian after a couple of minutes. Not our type of entertainment but we ran into some people who enjoyed it. There wasn't a lot of late night things to do but with the time change and early excursion times that probably was ok.

LOL. I saw thirsts and could not figure out what it was supposed to be. Usually I can decipher typos.

Thanks for the review

And my brain didn't even notice the typo--I read it as tshirts in the first post :D:D

And yes, OP, thanks for the review.

Jeans are OK as long as they don't have holes or are frayed. T-shirts aren't acceptable--although I could see a nice one without writing getting by.

We'll be sailing on the Sapphire in 30 days. I'll still wear my nice slacks and polo shirts or dress shirts on casual nights. I won't take my tuxedo to Alaska, though. It would increase our checked luggage on our flights to three bags.

Jeans are OK as long as they don't have holes or are frayed. T-shirts aren't acceptable--although I could see a nice one without writing getting by.

We'll be sailing on the Sapphire in 30 days. I'll still wear my nice slacks and polo shirts or dress shirts on casual nights. I won't take my tuxedo to Alaska, though. It would increase our checked luggage on our flights to three bags.

These were definitely very faded jeans and all sorts of tshirts with writings. Sweatshirts with writing too. One guy even had a NASCAR racing jacket. I'm not against racing but I just don't see that as smart casual.

Also, how were the mosquitoes on the land portion of your trip?

Had mosquitos in Skagway north. In Skagway they didn't bother me (everyone else in the party yes). Which is very surprising because at home I can go out and in one minute get bit. In Seward they were the heaviest. They liked my husband more than me because of his bald head. I was pretty covered with pants and jackets that there wasn't much exposed skin. It was recommended by The Fish House in Seward to use Deep Woods Off and that worked perfectly.

Archived