writting your name on your luggage tags

mdouc

Since most of the electronic luggage tags are sent as a pdf, you will need to have/get the pdf annotation tools to electronically add your name to the tags. It is easy but here is a video that explains it all and provides a link to the tool if you do not have an annotation tool.

Good luck and happy cruising. :D

Is there a way to put your names on before printing them, i'm not to good with computers!! but i bet there's a way!!????
Certainly you can print them yourself if you like, or put your name on them any way you want, although neither is necessary.

All that is necessary is to put tags on your bags that show your cabin number.

The cabin number on the tag is what determines where the bag will be delivered.

It does not make the slightest difference whether the number is computer printed or hand printed or painted or embroidered on the tag, just so that it can be clearly read.

The people who deliver the bags could not care less what your name is or the source of your luggage tags, whether you printed your tags yourself or got them from a travel agent or got them at the pier.

So do it whatever way makes you happy, just so that you have the correct cabin number on each luggage tag when you check your bags in at the pier. :)

i have never not received actual tags from the cruise line. my travel agent handles it

Yes my travel agent does this for me as well. However we use my work address for the airline baggage tags for security reasons.

my work address is may official address for drivers lic. car ins. all bills everything much safer these days. except for xmas cards i probably only get 10 pieces of mail a year at home.

I print out one tag, write our last name on it, and photocopy them. We use about 10 luggage tags (I tag everything...carry on bags, car seats, you name it!), so I like to make it simple.

As my kids would say, easy peasy.

We use the mailing labels we get in the mail from various companies. We get them and they ask for a donation. They have our name and address on them and I have some in my suitcase for disembarcation tags.

my work address is may official address for drivers lic. car ins. all bills everything much safer these days. except for xmas cards i probably only get 10 pieces of mail a year at home.

Completely off topic - I guess you mean your mailing address for all of that. Unless you live in the same zipcode as your office your car insurance rates are affected by your zipcode. just saying...

Since most of the electronic luggage tags are sent as a pdf, you will need to have/get the pdf annotation tools to electronically add your name to the tags. It is easy but here is a video that explains it all and provides a link to the tool if you do not have an annotation tool.

Good luck and happy cruising. :D

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded it and tried to use it. Funny thing is that it works fine for almost all the forms in my pdf files, but not for the Carnival luggage tags. The options for adding text are not highlighted and do not function. Oh well, back to the Sharpie. Thanks anyway!

Archived