What is the wierdest outfit youve ever seen on a cruise?

SSJ4Gogeta

On the Victory last year, I saw a very, very tall man, about 60ish - well over 6 feet tall...he was wearing a gorgeous black Stetson hat (which looked wonderful on him), a Western cut black tuxedo jacket, cumberbun and ruffled shirt - beige Bermuda shorts and sneakers with white sox pulled up mid calf.....It was a HOOT!

On another cruise, there was a man dressed in full Scots regalia and he looked marvelous! His lovely wife was dress in a skirt made to match the tartan, white blouse and scarf. Both wore traditional hats! They were very striking!

I love to "people-watch" the evening of the Captain's welcome aboard party. I find a good place (usually near the photographer), order a nice cocktail and just watch. It is amazing what some consider to be "high-fashion". Some look absolutely wonderful, many look just awful! I wonder sometimes if someone in their circle couldn't love her just a little bit more and TELL her she looks like a K-Mart blue light special. Whatever happened to the "little black dress"!

The men don't escape either....Most look very nice in Tuxes or nice business suits but you always find the ones who think a long sleeve shirt with an open collar and a pair of chino's is "formal wear". God Bless 'em all. What a wonderful diverse bunch of people we sail with!

On our Legend of the Seas cruise there was a guy, mid 50's I'd guess, who

always wore all-white outfits with a black belt. He would wear the belt

buckle over by his hipbone area, which DH and I could never figure out.

I think he had white shoes too. He didn't look dorky though, he looked exactly

like Johnny Sack on The Sopranos:) It worked for him!

The lovely elderly lady on Imagination several years ago who showed up at the pool every day in a different beautiful swimsuit and coverup, wearing pantyhose....a couple of times they were pantyhose with the reinforced toes and the darker "panty". She sunbathed in them, she swam in them.

I pray that my fashion sense stays at least one step above that gal. People watching is one of my favorites pasttimes and I sometimes wonder it others are thinking about me what I'm thinking about them.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Not on a cruise but at an airport. I was in the smoking room at Atlanta and there was a bearded guy 50 some thing...

Think 8 dollar black 12" plastic kitchen clock...

Think $5 "gold chain"....

And yes they was around his neck......

*laughs hysterically*

I have not laughed that hard in a looooong time. On my cruises I only saw the Red Hat ladies....Purple and Red the whole time. Other than that...Nada...

I don't think I would have lasted at the dinner table with the Adult Baby though. I would have been to busy laughing and snickering. Couldnt keep a straight face........... Oh well, life is to be laughed at....

Have a great one all!

tahiti

As I'm still picking myself up from all these great stories, I'll share one myself

Not sure if this is exactly an outfit...............

But, I was on my balcony one night on the Golden Princess Lido deck and was just enjoying the sea at night--it's quite beautiful. Then I leaned over a little bit to see if I had a view of the bridge or anything else going on.

Well, I did have a view--this elderly couple (around 85--fully wrinkled) were having something they brought back from the buffet a few decks below us--FULLY naked...........

Just a warning--people can see you from above!

Anyway--I did NOT want to see that. I later found out throughout the cruise that they had breakfast out there too every day--you guessed it, NAKED.

I was on a cruise with this couple (very nice people) who wore only the cartoon character slippers all over the ship........yes, to the formal dinners as well. There they were in their tuxedo and evening gown and a different slipper each day. This was an 11 day cruise. What a hoot.

• 2 weeks later...

To the above poster:

Maybe that was all they had to wear!! Maybe they left suitcase in the rush at home and boarded without it!! LOL

The wierdest outfit I myself had ever seen came from a lady I know and brought with us! My ex took the few employees we had on a cruise once a year with us. And this man and his wife whom I should add in their defense, had never been on a cruise before. So we were telling them on 2 nights there is formal night where everyone dresses up and goes to dinner.

We arrived on the first night to the dining room prior to them so were already seated when they arrived. The sight I saw coming toward our table is a sight I shall never forget and if I think about too long, always seem to still make me laugh!!!

This woman (whom I should say is very tom-boyish and wears all my husbands old clothes we give to her sons to wear, she keeps them for herself) had on an obvious prom dress from the late 70's on (we are all in 30's so this was the style back then) baby blue floor length with puffy sleeves and that meshed chest area with a huge white ruffle coming from it and it had the same ruffles around the bottom of the dress with a thick sash that tied in the back into a bow!!! LOL This was so funny to me I laughed out loud when I saw her thinking that it was an obvious joke!! To my horror she thought she looked good! Her attempt at make-up was even worse since again she doesn't wear any it looked like my 8 yr. old had put it on her with blue eye shadow on the lids (same color of the dress), red blush just in circles on cheek bones and red lip stick! And her hair, was the icing on the cake!!

She usually would wash it and brush it and go. No conditioner, no hair products just where ever it fell when it dried is how it was the whole day. So her attempt this formal night was to curl it with curling iron and wing it back like we did in high school. You remember that style. Well, since she had curly hair it doesn't lay flat to the head like a feather, her was one continues roll from her crown to her neck that stuck off her head 2 inches! She looked like Martha Washington!! LOL

It took all I had to finish dinner with this woman dressed like that sitting directly in front of my the whole night!! This is something that if experienced, you would never ever forget the visual!

PS- I apologize to all other cruisers cruising aboard that sailing of the VOS in 2002! I just hope she went home and burned that dress!

Would you like to checkout our formal pics???:eek: Could you imagine?

• 1 month later...

When we went on the Sensation we saw this couple when we first boarded. She was in her late 30's-early 40's and he was about the same age. She would wear the skimpiest bathing suits around the pool and he had on a half shirt, mesh, with glitter on his skin. His hair was puffy on one side and shaved close on the other, kind of J. Giels Band looking. Well on the first formal dress night she came to the lounge where the Band TGIF was playing. They were looking for partners to take back to the room, he for a guy and her for a girl. Her dress was white and short and skin tight. By the end of the evening she was on the dance floor with her dress around her waist, squating and had her fingers where they did not belong in public, I am a labor and delivery nurse and saw as much of her as I do my patients:eek: . People were taking pictures and the others were laughing and appalled until security came. The band would ask for the remainder of the cruise "What is she wearing tonight?" The last night the couple came in and he was wearing a pair of jeans (if that is what you call them) that was just strips of material. They had squares cut out of them approx. 2x2 inches in size. He came in a turned around to order from the bar and Darren (lead singer in the band) quit mid song and says over the microphone "Dude where are your pants?" It was quite funny. I have never seen such people on any of my cruises or land vacations and it is not the typical cruise wear. I am glad I did not have my son on board and there were not too many on the ship. My friend who I was cruising with and I still laugh at how crazy these two were. Just some of the interesting cruise stories that happen.

I remember two on the Dawn last year. A 50ish fellow in black bikini style speedos on the beach at Princess Cays, and a guy in full Harley regalia complete with colors, boots, jeans, and chained wallet. He had long hair and beard, and arms full of tattoos. Definitely stuck out in the crowd. Saw him one time in the tender...never saw him again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dihead

the ladies in purple and red can get away with their outfits 'cause its for a good cause...

however, the other posts i've read makes me wanna slap ppl *lol*

The purple and red outfits arn't for a good cause, it just mean's that they belong to the Red Hat Society. A group for women who are 50 and over. No good cause there

The only cause for the group is to have fun -

I'd call that a good cause!

I have seen stuff on a cruise I NEVER want to see again....old fat men in speedos, gay guys wearing their thong undies in the spa...his and hers matching pareos out by the pool, they would have been cute if they hadn't been so loud and shouty...and that was just one trip. I have found the most entertaining passengers are the Europeans and asians.

I'm not a big fan of men dripping in gold jewelry..it just shouts too much.

I'm enjoying reading these posts...I thought it only happened to us!

• 2 weeks later...

Great posts- I've seen some of these or similar, too.

Holland America gives everyone a logo'd canvas shopping bag. I once saw a woman (on HAL, thank goodness), who had made a complete outfit out of the bags--skirt and vest, and she wore it several times on the cruise proudly! She was not a slim woman, so she had worked with many bags.

Way, way too much time on her hands between cruises, if you ask me.

:eek: Just one thing...The speedos are not always gay men. I see midle age to old age men in speedos all the time in cruises. Why? Why? Is it because they feel no one they know will see them?

I have seen the lady in the pantyhose and bathingsuit in more than one cruise!

On a Halloween cruise we saw a woman who was painted from head to foot as a Jaguar. She did have on a Jaguar bikini bottom that blended in so well you could not tell it was even there. She drew a nice crowd. Security was not as impressed as many of the guest and required her to find a top.

Archived