What is the wierdest outfit youve ever seen on a cruise?

SSJ4Gogeta

I was on a cruise that also had a Star Trek convention that week. We saw all sorts of t-shirts to that effect, some just printed with photos and some looked like uniforms from the original series. But for the formal night they went all out and had many professional looking costumes and alien masks to complete the effect. They caused quite a stir in the public rooms and Captain's cocktail party...and weren't too happy with the other guests taking their pictures. They did look like theme park characters!

Well this might be weird but it is funny. On one of my two week cruises there was a masquerade party. I brought my racing skates, my silk jersey and shorts, a blonde wig, my helmet, and knee pads. I was dressed as the Kansas City Bomber, Roller Derby Queen. I won first place, but I got a special prize just for wearing skates on a moving ship! All of the masquerade contestants had to parade around the lounge AND thru the dining room.......imagine the passengers' surprise when someone came ROLLING thru!!! I got proof in the photos!!!

• 2 months later...

its spelt "lamé" by the way:)

and yes i agree that it would look pretty interesting and very diana ross!

the weirdest outfit i ever saw was one gay couple dressed as anastasia and ztar nicholas! that was quite intersting. if anyone's seen The Producers, you'll know how funny this sight can be...

I was on a cruise with this couple (very nice people) who wore only the cartoon character slippers all over the ship........yes, to the formal dinners as well. There they were in their tuxedo and evening gown and a different slipper each day. This was an 11 day cruise. What a hoot.

I think I read about this couple on another thread. Seems like they are well known on the cruise lines and do this all the time.

This was on a cruise to Bermuda but not on the ship. There's a place to snorkel, Tobacco Bay, where you can go in knee deep water and see small fish. That area can have lots of people at times so I didn't notice right away. I was sitting on a rock rinsing out my aqua socks when I looked up to see a man in his whitie tightie Hanes. We all know what happens to white when it gets wet, think wet tee shirt contest. Can't imagine going to Bermuda without a swimsuit. Geesh...if you don't have one, at least wear shorts.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a old wrinkle man with a speedo on and if that wasn't enough, under his Speedo was his underwear. How did I know? The underwear was sticking out in the front and the back. My husband said, "Give me a sharp stick to poke my eyes out."

There was a woman who wore simple sequined cocktail dresses EVERY NIGHT, each one a different color. I saw her do this on several cruises, and eventually met her.

She told me she got the dresses cheap and they were sturdy and didn't wrinkle. She just dumped however many she needed into her bag with two pairs of shorts, some tops and a bathing suit, and she could pack for a week's cruise in a carry-on bag.

Her husband also brought only a carry-on. They cruised constantly, so they had it down to a science.

• 8 months later...

Well, not on a cruise (may have a few tales in a month or so!) but on a trip to Turkey we saw one young lady who never, EVER took off her huge flowery pink hat...even while swimming.......and the young German lad who had clearly forgotten to pack his bathing suit and so appeared at the poolside in baggy black underwear...............

A year ago on the Diamond Princess to Mexico there was one gal who showed up in the dining room for dinner with what bascially was a pool cover up. Looked like something she had bought on the beach that day. Very see thru and all she had on was a black thong. I was surprised they let her in the dining room that way but it was entertaining to watch all the men watch her walk thru the room. A few of them had to have strained their necks! At least she had the body to pull it off.

We had a lady who wore these HUGE decorated hats...one looked like a birthday cake, one was a large Gater head, another looked like a ship. She wore them everywhere...even with her formal gown!

• 8 months later...
I saw a old wrinkle man with a speedo on and if that wasn't enough, under his Speedo was his underwear. How did I know? The underwear was sticking out in the front and the back. My husband said, "Give me a sharp stick to poke my eyes out."

About 5 years ago we saw this man in swimming trunks that were too small, he had a major-heart attack waiting to happen-beer gut-so the trunks would go on but would then slide down. When he sat down you saw 6 inches of butt crack-my hubby was so grossed out that we left the pool area.

On our Legend of the Seas cruise there was a guy, mid 50's I'd guess, who

always wore all-white outfits with a black belt. He would wear the belt

buckle over by his hipbone area, which DH and I could never figure out.

I think he had white shoes too. He didn't look dorky though, he looked exactly

like Johnny Sack on The Sopranos:) It worked for him!

I have done the side-buckle thing to avoid scratching a borrowed guitar [sometimes even one of my own]. Sometimes I forget to switch it back to the front. Never thought of it as a fashion statement, though.:D

Well... I guess a pool outfit is an outfit, right???

We had an old guy on one of our cruises come down to the pool late in the afternoon and swim/shower in his old, gray looking tighty-whities!!! We were laughing so hard but didn't hesitate to snap this photo.

8.gifundies.jpg

My daughter was on a RCCL 4 day cruise in April, and there was a man on board who dressed as a baby THE ENTIRE TIME. On formal nights it was a satiny baby outfit with frilly pants and a bonnet, but the rest of the time, he was STILL dressed as a baby. His female companion even cut his food and fed it to him at the table. Drank everything from a bottle. TRUTH!!!!!

This reminds me of when the Pax used to dress for Costume night in the early 90's -- we were on the Sovereign - and this guy's costume was a Baby outfit - he had on the bonnet, DIAPERS with the safety pin on the front - he was a man-man -- hairy chest and walked like a football player - tall, not fat but a big huge guy -- mustache and long hair -- and during that night (at least it was just that one night, unlike what JLDMED implied that it seemed like her 'baby' guy was dressed like that for the entire cruise) he was puffin' on a cigar and holdin' on to baby rattler's while he walked his man stride all over the ship - I think he won the prize that night for the best costume ... it was sooooooooooo cute!! I never forgot the visual and even tho' it was for costume night, I couldn't help but laff and obviously, nearly 20 yrs later, the pic is still pretty sharp in my mind -- Corkey Carol

Hey Alex -- I think I know him!!!heehee!!! Corkey Carol

Carol,

If you know this guy, then please tell him to use a bathing suit in the public bathing areas. Please note the young child just off to the right of the guy... do we really need to traumatize the young on a vacation like that!!!

Carol,

If you know this guy, then please tell him to use a bathing suit in the public bathing areas. Please note the young child just off to the right of the guy... do we really need to traumatize the young on a vacation like that!!!

i don't know him anymore!! yikes! carol

Alex,

That's soooooooo gross! heeheehahaha

Carol,

OMG, this thread is sooooooo funny!! What the heck would you do if the guy that dressed like a baby every night sat at your dinner table with his bottle while his wife or lady friend fed him.........LOL I can't even imagine what I'd do.........probably laugh so hard I'd pee myself!! LOL I can't even imagine what the look on Tony's face would be like........hahahahaha and Narce..........LOL Okay, and you too Alex! LOL

Patty

many moons ago, some guy did a similar thing to the posted photo, went into the pool in his undies. He got comments from everyone because he was a sight for children SO NOT. He got a quiet word from the ships security (who were ex police) that he risked arrest for indecent exposure. But the best comment was from a little boy.

who said O Mum, that man is showing his rudies. The man was said to have gone bright red, I guess he didn't think his undies would go transparent when wet.:D

Well I WAS going to dress like a pirate for the whole cruise. But I can see now that would almost be "normal". Oh well.

A couple of years ago on the Mariner OTS, out of Port Canaveral, on the East Carib cruise, there was a family of (I think) 4. The oldest of them used one of the handicap scooters.

About midway through the cruise, on the C&A reception night, they all arrived dressed as Pirates. Complete with a large stuffed parrot on one shoulder, eye patches, fake swords, etc. Lady was a "sexy" pirate with short skirt and fishnets. Not lewd just playful. But, the most interesting part was they had a complete miniature pirate ship, made from cardboard that completely surrounded the scooter and the older man cruised around the Mariner the entire night as a pirate captain in his ship with his "mates" in tow...

Hilarious. He even outdid Captain Johnny!

Archived