What is the wierdest outfit youve ever seen on a cruise?

SSJ4Gogeta

icon1.gif

"Not really weird, but on my Honeymoon I saw a group of Red Hat Society women who got all dressed up every night for dinner. On formal night they went all out in the red and purple. It was awesome! I can only hope that I have as much fun as them when I am their age!"

You don't have to be over 50 to belong to the Red Hat Society, If your under 50 your considered a pink hatter and are more than welcome to join in the fun. I sailed last year with 130 Red Hatters (and a few pink hatters too) We wore our colors all day every day and had the time of our lives. Unfortunately Carnival has banned PJ breakfasts. I think we would have had on more clothing for pjs than the swim suits I saw. Oh well, we still had a great time.

May 2008 on the Carnival Legend, there was a lady in her mid 50's. She was with a much younger guy who was in a wheelchair. We would always see her sitting on his lap and kissy facing and what not. One afternoon during a day at sea, we were by the pool, and I saw this woman (who is overly self tanned by the way) wearing a white bikini top with large silver sequins on it (it was very skimpy as it barely cover her nipples on her fake boobs) and was only secured by a strings tied in back and around her neck. She had a white coverup tied around her waist. All of the sudden she took it off revealing a white THONG bottom covered in the same silver sequins!:eek: There were kids around the pool and needless to say, alot of guys staring and women glaring. She walked around like nothing was wrong and the guy she was with kept glaring at all the men that dared to look at her.

A couple days later, in the Supper Club, she was wearing a long black dress with a huge plunging neckline (plunged about 3 inches past her belly button) and it barely covered the girls. Who wears that sort of stuff!?!?!:confused:

Voyager 2008 out of Galveston....on formal night a couple came in, he in a tux, she in a VERY short cocktail dress and pink and purple hair...HIS hair was a spiked mohawk with each spike being at least 10 inches long...very friendly couple, both had lots of tats...but the mohawk could have been a dangerous weapon...kind of interesting...and I totally understand the cowboy clothing, boots and hat...called "comfort" clothing here in Texas and is worn in the most casual and the most formal places (just add a western cut jacket and bolo tie).. oh yes, and the "lady" wearing a see through dress...at least she was waxed and wearing a thong....you could see everything else though, same cruise...Jim

Our very first cruise was a three day out of Long Beach, down to Mexico. It was one of my husband's high school reunions. One of his classmates is a famous (in Hawaii) musican and is very odd. He would come to breakfast every morning in his underwear and bathrobe.

• 1 month later...
The Red Hat Society Ladies all in their pj's at breakfast.

I have never seen so much purple and red in all my life as I did during those 4 days.

We somtimes dress in our skivies too... I am a Red Hat Momma and we have alot of fun.. leave the old bags at home( DH) and we travel this time DH and Family will be with us but normally we have alot more fun without them You must also join us and LET us Entertain you!!

Mom;)

May 2008 on the Carnival Legend, there was a lady in her mid 50's. She was with a much younger guy who was in a wheelchair. We would always see her sitting on his lap and kissy facing and what not. One afternoon during a day at sea, we were by the pool, and I saw this woman (who is overly self tanned by the way) wearing a white bikini top with large silver sequins on it (it was very skimpy as it barely cover her nipples on her fake boobs) and was only secured by a strings tied in back and around her neck. She had a white coverup tied around her waist. All of the sudden she took it off revealing a white THONG bottom covered in the same silver sequins!:eek: There were kids around the pool and needless to say, alot of guys staring and women glaring. She walked around like nothing was wrong and the guy she was with kept glaring at all the men that dared to look at her.

A couple days later, in the Supper Club, she was wearing a long black dress with a huge plunging neckline (plunged about 3 inches past her belly button) and it barely covered the girls. Who wears that sort of stuff!?!?!:confused:

OOPS Im sorry You found me!! I did not know that I embarassed you that much?

Not really weird, but on my Honeymoon I saw a group of Red Hat Society women who got all dressed up every night for dinner. On formal night they went all out in the red and purple. It was awesome! I can only hope that I have as much fun as them when I am their age!

I hope your wife will become their age and join us, We do have alot of fun, but she does not have to wait to be a red hatter she can be a Pink Hatter under 50 from 1-49 is Pink Hatter and 50 and over is Red Hatter. We do have alot of Fun... we are spending our husbands money and our childrens inheritance and having fun doing it.

its all about the fun... When was the last time your wife had fun without you with the girls?:rolleyes:

icon1.gif

"Not really weird, but on my Honeymoon I saw a group of Red Hat Society women who got all dressed up every night for dinner. On formal night they went all out in the red and purple. It was awesome! I can only hope that I have as much fun as them when I am their age!"

You don't have to be over 50 to belong to the Red Hat Society, If your under 50 your considered a pink hatter and are more than welcome to join in the fun. I sailed last year with 130 Red Hatters (and a few pink hatters too) We wore our colors all day every day and had the time of our lives. Unfortunately Carnival has banned PJ breakfasts. I think we would have had on more clothing for pjs than the swim suits I saw. Oh well, we still had a great time.

Im a red hat lady too, a Queen Cottage Diva, and Queen Elegant Lady of Florida also look for me on ladies of the hat. I can not understand why they banned the breakfast,that is not good, why is that? Was it because we looked better than anyone else did?

I may be over 50 but I aint DEAD!! Neighter is my sister Loretta Marie.

We are red hats cause we love to have Fun, in fact you will catch me with my bright RED Hair near the end of the cruise, cause by then you will know who exactly I am... I Love RED Hair and you will see that I am just as fun as the next gal:D and The carnival does not know what they are missing when all of us book cruises on the RCCL who does not ban any breakfast outfits, we may go there instead!

Mom

Well... I guess a pool outfit is an outfit, right???

We had an old guy on one of our cruises come down to the pool late in the afternoon and swim/shower in his old, gray looking tighty-whities!!! We were laughing so hard but didn't hesitate to snap this photo.

8.gifundies.jpg

O.K you win..........good grief:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
icon1.gif

I have seen them on cruises too. they do look as thoguh they have a lot of fun.

BUT------------------You know I HATE purple and red together. I think it defeats the purpose of their philosophy to force members to wear those colors. It is supposed to be-now that you are over 50 you can do what you please and wear what you please-but if I have to wear purple and red, I can't do what I please can I?

I might would join if I could wear what I want to wear.

Actually, it IS in keeping in line with the philosophy on which it is founded, basically, the poem, WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN...

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

And satin sandals and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

And run my stick along public railings

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and a pickle for a week

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

And set a good example for the children.

We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old and start to wear purple.

Actually, it IS in keeping in line with the philosophy on which it is founded, basically, the poem, WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN...

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

And satin sandals and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

And run my stick along public railings

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and a pickle for a week

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

And set a good example for the children.

We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old and start to wear purple.

I know the poem-but I still refuse to be forced to wear red and purple together!

and you missed the point-once you are a certain age-you should be ale to do and wear what you please- (that is what the poem is saying) not what others insist you should wear in order to be a "member" of their little group- insisting that I wear purple and red is NOT allowing me to do what I want or wear what I want! so sorry-not interested!

You know, as a child, My mom would not allow me to wear blue and green together or pink and red together, (she said they did not go) although I liked those colors together, and still do. I also could not wear a plaid and a print together or a plaid and stripe together-but now we do! But aas soon as I became of age-whether Mom thoguht I should or shouldn't I did! I di dnto wait to turn 50!

Now, times has changed, and really you no longer have to turn 50 to wear what you want! All those old rules about what colors goes together are out the door.

Now if I WANTED to wear red and purple I would because I wanted to-not because others tell me to-LOL! if the teen boys can go around with their pants falling off-why shouldn't I? (even if I was not yet 50!) However, I do not WANT to!

I have seen them on cruises too. they do look as thoguh they have a lot of fun.

BUT------------------You know I HATE purple and red together. I think it defeats the purpose of their philosophy to force members to wear those colors. It is supposed to be-now that you are over 50 you can do what you please and wear what you please-but if I have to wear purple and red, I can't do what I please can I?

I might would join if I could wear what I want to wear.

Its all about the MONEY they want to control every woman out there who used to be in the red hat society, now they want to charge every member 20.00 pp to belong. If you do not want to belong they bann you from events. To me that is totally nuts. I used to belong to the rhs but as time grows and my group of ladies do not want to wear the "Colors" and Hat anymore they can not force us to do anything. I heard that they threatened another group called Ladies of the Hat and they tried to take over their group by stating they were going to force them to withdrawn their website. but those ladies of the hat were not convoluting into anyones territory, they were doing there own thing and helping one another and having fun. When was the last time you had fun wearing a black hat and pointed one for that matter? I call it the Witches Hat, and I never laughed and had so much fun before. I love that group and for the rhs to tell us what colors we must wear is totally absurd, When and when i am able to do things it will not be there business. apparently they are losing members who used to have 29,000 chapter at 39.00 per chapter now they got greedy and want now every member who is about 20 per chapter to pay 20.00 pp for Nothing not even an old dried up stick of bubble gum

PS Momeg you do not need them Wear what you want have fun before its too late and do what you want its none of their business, they took someone elses idea of a 75 yrs old idea and ventured out to make thier own millions on her poem when i grow old i shall wear purple which does not suit me to thier own and make millions from that woman to me they should have given this woman in London England some of the money. they are greedy hearts and they do not care about anyone but themselves

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm enjoying all these posts & am glad/sorry I've never seen anything in person to be so memorable.

However, there is an email going around right now about a "Goth" cruise on the RCCL EOS that just took place in the last year or so. You want to see an interesting bunch of people:eek:

on the millenium in 2003 i saw a man dressed in womens clothing but not trying to be feminine. had man hair. i stole his formal picture - yes i admit it. i put it in my vacation scrapbook.

too funny! I can't believe you stole his photo!

Archived