Bahamas or Bermuda

gobo

Anyone take either of these cruises? I going towards the Breakaway next summer because it is a newer ship but unsure of docking in Bermuda for 2 nights - then there is the Gem which does the Bahamas cruise, but it seems that it does not dock in Port Canaveral for very long to do anything worth getting off the ship with 3 kids for.

Hands down -- Bermuda is a lot more fun than Bahamas. And cleaner too. Been to both -- Bahamas is full of street kids pulling at you for money; Bermuda is not. But I wouldn't recommend renting a moped in Bermuda -- the locals will run you off the road and those roads are NARROW. Use the buses.

Also, the weather is better in Bermuda.

BERMUDA!!

The ship (Breakaway) AND Bermuda are two destinations themselves.

If you haven't been to Bermuda, you (and the kids) will be delighted. There is plenty to see and do, plus the Horseshoe beach is on the MUST-DO list.

Have done both itins and we're on the Breakway next June to check out the newest of NCL.

Port Canaveral--some head to Kennedy Space Center--we did, or you can also do a beach day. Some who go to Disney or Universal say it's worth it, but some don't agree. Really depends if those parks are your thing I think, time of year, crowds, etc.

Keep in mind in Bermuda the ships dock at the west end of the island where a bus, taxi or ferry is needed to really see the island. There is a small beach right near the ship, but it is not Bermuda's best beach.

IMO there are better itineraries around, but these go from NYC (no spending time in airports/planes) so I do them anyway.

Well I haven't even been to Bermuda yet, going in September on the Star, but I would say Bermuda over the Bahamas any day. While there's no such thing as a bad cruise the Bahamas has been my least favorite destination yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bermuda by a mile. My wife and I did both of these cruises on the Gem. Bermuda does not compare to Florida or Nassau. The town of Nassau was a dump 25 years ago and its still is. Running a gauntlet of people trying to sell you all kinds of crap then curse at you when you don't buy anything is not fun.

Bermuda hands down. Beautiful, clean island. Yes, you need to grab transportation to get to other parts of the island, but the bus passes are reasonable in price and include the ferries. The busses and ferries are clean and run on a pretty tight schedule.

I love that NCL overnights in Bermuda. It turns the ship into your hotel and allows you to explore to your hearts content without having to watch the clock.

It's also one of the most economical ways to spend three days in Bermuda!

No question Bermuda is the place to go... clean and no begging and My favorite place on earh...

My daughter just commented do you want commercial or not, Bermuda is relaxed and quite and peacfull the way to go

Bermuda by a MILE! If you plan to mostly stay on the ship then Bahamas is okay but for a fantastic, beautiful island with friendly, helpful people - Bermuda is the only way to go! I could go to Bermuda several times a year and never tire of it. (If I had the $$$$, LOL)

Have done both. Bermuda by a mile, or two or three!! Unless you are really happy to just hang on the ship, and then, hey, it doesn't really matter. Bermuda is beautiful and the long stay in port is wonderful, especially with kids because you can relax more and it is not like going to this new place every day. But people cruise for different reasons, so maybe you want to go to a new place every day. I loved both cruises very much.:) Have a great time and enjoy yourself and your family.

Bermuda is great for kids! The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo is incredible and with a ferry ride and bus ride to get there - it's an all-day event that is pretty cheap.

Public transportation is super easy to use too!

Anyone take either of these cruises? I going towards the Breakaway next summer because it is a newer ship but unsure of docking in Bermuda for 2 nights - then there is the Gem which does the Bahamas cruise, but it seems that it does not dock in Port Canaveral for very long to do anything worth getting off the ship with 3 kids for.

TOTALLY agree with all the posts...BERMUDA hands down:D

BERMUDA!!!!

We have done both...Bahamas more than once..

When I cruise for the "cruise" (ie just to get away and relax and do nothing)--we took the Bahamas itinerary...(not getting off the ship after 1st time-"been there done that")...

We have cruised to Bermuda once (but will do again!!!)...Bermuda is a place to enjoy...to explore...a must do ...(and cruising is the most economical way of vacationing there for sure!)

The only good thing in Nassau is Atlantis.

I choose Bermuda hands down. There is plenty to see and do while docked for 2 1/2 days. Horseshoe Bay beach is the greatest. We also loved Clearwater beach, with it's view of the airport.

You can visit the crystal Caves, Zoo, Aquarium, Perfumery, and the town of St Georges is a must see.

Bermuda is my choice. With the Florida/Bahamas cruise, the ship is the destination. From what we know at this point about the Breakaway, you'll have the best of both...a great ship and a great destination. Don't worry about docking in Bermuda for a couple of days...you'll probably wish you had more time there when it's time to leave.

Archived