Pretzel bread on NCL ships

audreybella

:DThe funniest thing happened to me last night. I went for a couple of drinks and some apps at TGIF's and they had a new item on their appetizer menu. It was Warm Pretzel with cheese dipping sauce. My hubby and I decided to order it. Well, as soon as it appeared on our table, both of us thought they resembled the pretzels on the NCL Ships. We bit into them, heavenly, pretzel bread. So if any of you find yourself near a TGIF location and want to reminisce the good ol' vacation days on the Dawn/Epic, etc, have at it!! :D

We tried those pretzel sticks at TGIF on July 4th and they were YUMMMMMY!!

I didn't know that NCL had pretzel bread on their ships...my husband will be in heaven!!! He loves any kind of pretzel roll.

SO where do we find these wonderful things on the cruise ships? formal dining? buffet?

It will be our 1st cruise on the Dawn in Sept!

The pretzel rolls are at the buffet. I love them! However, they are an item I associate with cruising. I wouldn't want to interfere with the "cruising experience" by enjoying them elsewhere. It just would seem wrong........:D

The pretzel rolls are at the buffet. I love them! However, they are an item I associate with cruising. I wouldn't want to interfere with the "cruising experience" by enjoying them elsewhere. It just would seem wrong........:D

LOL True!!!

They are in the buffet, but, we asked for them in the MDR and the server got them for us.

Great service.

Living in the south jersey/Philly area we get great soft pretzels, but the pretzel bread was really good and fresh.

:DThe funniest thing happened to me last night. I went for a couple of drinks and some apps at TGIF's and they had a new item on their appetizer menu. It was Warm Pretzel with cheese dipping sauce. My hubby and I decided to order it. Well, as soon as it appeared on our table, both of us thought they resembled the pretzels on the NCL Ships. We bit into them, heavenly, pretzel bread. So if any of you find yourself near a TGIF location and want to reminisce the good ol' vacation days on the Dawn/Epic, etc, have at it!! :D

Thanks for the tip! I've made them a couple times when we are going through cruise withdrawal, but its nice to know someone will serve them to us when we need a fix. ;)

When I go back to Philly to visit family, the pretzel factory is the first place I hit before I get to my Mom's. :D

They are really good, worth the visit.

I had heard so much about these that I tried them on the Pearl, I was actually disappointed, guess I am spoiled on the philly pretzels. I think I am in the minority on this one...:eek:

On our first NCL cruise the other year they had them out and called them some European name. I laughed and said to my wife "theyre just round pretzels!" I now eat them on every cruise with some mustard ;)

Being from PA and not far from Philadelphia, we have an (over)abundance of pretzels and pretzel factories, and I still like those weird little NCL pretzel balls :p

I had heard so much about these that I tried them on the Pearl, I was actually disappointed, guess I am spoiled on the philly pretzels. I think I am in the minority on this one...:eek:

I love them also, nothing like a sales rep who stops by with a dozen still hot pretzels. But then again I'm from PA and its the norm around here. You can drive a block in the city without seeing a vendor selling them. I thought it was almost comical watching some of the people drooling over the pretzels on the Gem. All that food and their drooling over pretzel rolls LOL

I love them also, nothing like a sales rep who stops by with a dozen still hot pretzels. But then again I'm from PA and its the norm around here. You can drive a block in the city without seeing a vendor selling them. I thought it was almost comical watching some of the people drooling over the pretzels on the Gem. All that food and their drooling over pretzel rolls LOL

We get them from a rep at least once a week. They are gone in no time. :)

A restaurant where some family members live has started selling "rippers" (deep-fried hotdogs) on soft pretzel rolls. Honey mustard salad dressing or cheese sauce on the side to dip. Omigosh. Good thing I don't get up that way too often. OTOH, TGIF's (is that too many acronyms in a row?) is only a few miles away. Might have to talk some friends into a happy hour soon.

You can't compare the two....but Philly pretzels can only be had in Philly...When in Rome and all that :)

When I sail NCL, I LOVE theose pretzel rolls...are the the same as a soft pretzel?? No... but they are still amazingly awesome!!

I have even seen Burger places (one in particular that is amazing in MA called 'Plan B'....they have an option for a pretzel bun for your burger.

OMG :eek:

YUM.

When I was a kid, I went to catholic schooll and we had a 15 minute recess/break at our desks every late morning that was actually 'pretzel time' and the little nun would run up the hallways to the classrooms with her cart and sell the pretzels (they were a nickel back then :) Dear God, I'm old!!)

You can't compare the two....but Philly pretzels can only be had in Philly...When in Rome and all that :)

When I sail NCL, I LOVE theose pretzel rolls...are the the same as a soft pretzel?? No... but they are still amazingly awesome!!

I have even seen Burger places (one in particular that is amazing in MA called 'Plan B'....they have an option for a pretzel bun for your burger.

OMG :eek:

YUM.

When I was a kid, I went to catholic schooll and we had a 15 minute recess/break at our desks every late morning that was actually 'pretzel time' and the little nun would run up the hallways to the classrooms with her cart and sell the pretzels (they were a nickel back then :) Dear God, I'm old!!)

The key to a great Philly pretzel is this..............time. You must start eating it within 30 minutes of it coming out of the oven. Within 2 hours their OK, after that they are hard enough to use as a weapon (think a bag of pretzels).

Very interesting. I'm sure my kids and DH will love these. Thanks for the visual!!!

On the Dawn they also had those shaped as....pretzels.... up in Bimini. So they had all three - roll, stick (in buffet next to each other) and pretzel (at Bimini by the buns).

Does the posted link offer pretzel rolls? I only see pretzels but I'm on a limited computer here. I ask mostly because I want to make the point that they are not the same. Pretzel rolls are much more roll-like. And I don't say that to be facetious. :rolleyes: But just to make the point that I wouldn't compare it directly with a Philly pretzel - positively or negatively, just different.

Archived