Caneletto: Charge or Not?

SilvertoGold

I have done my due diligence by reading all recent threads on Caneletto and find that for sure the Amsterdam is not charging yet, but the Oosterdam and Westerdam were and probably still are.

Any updates on the other ships? Where is this going?

Thanks

No idea where it's going. HAL does this often...test it on one ship or another...not the entire fleet.

Personally, we've been disappointed with Cannaletto....as someone here once said, it's no better (nor worse, I suppose) than Olive Garden.

Eurodam is not charging.

We love Canaletto.

Its a step above Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden etc and we are not too good for that. :)

As a matter of fact we enjoy those places very much for casual dining.

The Eurodam Canaletto has been great many times. I am sure YMMV on other ships.

I'm not sure we would go to Caneletto again even if it was free. Forget about a charge.

We dined at the Caneletto last winter on the Noordam. We are in no hurry to go back, even if WE charged HAL!;)

I agree with you pay for Le Cirque - I would never pay for Canelleto - it is part of the Buffet eating area!!!!

Dined at Canelletto last year on Zaandam and had a wonderful meal. Loved the Cotton Candy.

Have previously dined at Le Cirque. Really wasn't worth the surcharge.

Rockfan2

The Canaletto for free is OK, but I would not pay to eat there.

Agree. We have enjoyed the meals we've eaten at the Canaletto on the NA and Noordam, but would never consider paying an upcharge to eat there. It's just not that good.

Eurodam is not charging.

We love Canaletto.

Its a step above Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden etc and we are not too good for that. :)

As a matter of fact we enjoy those places very much for casual dining.

The Eurodam Canaletto has been great many times. I am sure YMMV on other ships.

I agree with the above, also as of May Veendam was not charging - we would never eat again in a olive garden but we enjoy Canaleto- but as said before everyone has differnt taste

Summary...

Amsterdam --

Eurodam --no

Maasdam --

Nieuw Amsterdam --

Noordam --

Oosterdam --yes

Prinsendam --

Rotterdam --

Ryndam --

Statendam --no

Veendam --no

Volendam -- no

Westerdam -- yes

Zaandam --

Zuiderdam --

Any updates?

Us too, just off Veendam. No charge. We thoroughly enjoyed it, not sure I'd pay for it as a dining option though. The location, at least on the Veendam it is so close to being in the Lido, we actually had a view of the pool deck being pressured washed. LOL But we would eat there again as a dining option for free.

Just off the Veendam and dined at the Caneletto twice. We like the nice quiet atmosphere and great service. The menu does not change and once it was great but would have liked at least some specials for the second night since most of the food, although tasty, was either heavy, fried or with cream sauces. You need to make a reservation for the Caneletto as soon as you board the first day. We were going to cancel our second nights Caneletto resrvation, but didn't like the times they offered us (5:15/5:30)for Any Time dining for the Main dining room so instead kept our 7:30 Caneletto reservation. - Shelley

Archived