Best Aft Cabin on Radiance of the Seas

We had that cabin on the Jewel to Canada. The balcony is only as deep as a lounge chair but plenty of room for 2. We did hear noise everynight from the lounge below, usually only bass and it stopped by midnight. Not my favorite aft cabin but I would take it again if there were no others.

Thanks for the tip. we opted for 8170 instead. The balcony is not as wide as that corner cabin on deck 7 but will probably be quieter. :)

Bill

Thanks for the tip. we opted for 8170 instead. The balcony is not as wide as that corner cabin on deck 7 but will probably be quieter. :)

Bill

That's a good choice. We only had 2 aft cabins to choose from when we booked since we booked so late so that is why we chose 7172. The other cabin was the opposite corner on deck 7 so we flipped a coin.

8168 is directly below 9256. Are they the same. Everyone is talking about 1100 and 9256 which look great. Is one deck lower 8168 the same size on Serenade?

Interested in this answer too, we have it booked on a couple of cruises.

Thanks!!!

Leave us a little "smiley face" in the safe or something ..just so we know you were there!!

You should have received my pack of coupons I left for you with our fantastic room

attendant, Lynn. Hope you are having a fantabulous cruise right now in our favorite

cabin!! :D

8168 is directly below 9256. Are they the same. Everyone is talking about 1100 and 9256 which look great. Is one deck lower 8168 the same size on Serenade?

The balcony on 8168 is indeed smaller than 9256 and much smaller than 1100...but that

is due to the ship as it tapers down to the water. It is still very, very nice!! :)

The balcony on 8168 is indeed smaller than 9256 and much smaller than 1100...but that

is due to the ship as it tapers down to the water. It is still very, very nice!! :)

I hope so I am in 8168 in later in the year!!

Personally, I'd take one of the cabins in the middle (1102/9258/etc) over 9256. The 9256 balcony may be slightly larger in total area, but the part of it where it narrows down isn't all that useable.

Personally, I'd take one of the cabins in the middle (1102/9258/etc) over 9256. The 9256 balcony may be slightly larger in total area, but the part of it where it narrows down isn't all that useable.

Though the usable part is huge! But, what I like most about it is all the light it lets into the cabin through the sliders. It does not feel like a "cave" as in the large but narrow and deep balconies in the middle. But to each their own, as we like the open air feel and some like the sheltered areas. That just leaves my favorite cabin all to myself! ;) :)

Edited by island lady

• 2 weeks later...
You should have received my pack of coupons I left for you with our fantastic room

attendant, Lynn. Hope you are having a fantabulous cruise right now in our favorite

cabin!! :D

I got the package from you ...thanks so much!!! Very nice suprise!! Lynn is the best best best cabin steward we have had!! Very lovely lady, and so very good

at what she does. Fabulous time and cabin was just as good as we hoped for!! Thanks again Island Lady!!

I got the package from you ...thanks so much!!! Very nice suprise!! Lynn is the best best best cabin steward we have had!! Very lovely lady, and so very good

at what she does. Fabulous time and cabin was just as good as we hoped for!! Thanks again Island Lady!!

Fantastic!! :D

I was wondering if I would hear from you somewhere! Happy you got the package of coupons, and hoping you were able to use a few. The Buy one/get one Alaska Tour Saver saved us SO much money on our trip.

Yes we agree Lynn was the best ever! She is so caring and perfect in what she does.

Happy to hear you also liked our favorite cabin and that you had a great time on your northbound! :D

Hope to sail with you in person someday in the future, Money Lady!! :)

Does nobody like 1600 ??.....we are booked into that cabin for Serenade next year and I'm really excited about having our first Balcony !!!!....so please don't tell me it's no good !!..I don't think I could take !!!...lol

sandra

Does nobody like 1600 ??.....we are booked into that cabin for Serenade next year and I'm really excited about having our first Balcony !!!!....so please don't tell me it's no good !!..I don't think I could take !!!...lol

sandra

Isn't that the big two bedroom cabin? I think most people do not have the opportunity to book that cabin since it is a family cabin. Considering it's location I can't imagine it being no good, it is an aft corner. :)

Bill

Isn't that the big two bedroom cabin? I think most people do not have the opportunity to book that cabin since it is a family cabin. Considering it's location I can't imagine it being no good, it is an aft corner. :)

Bill

Nope it's a single room Grand Suite. We have booked 1600 for our Brilliance cruise in March and can't wait to get there. The cabin is unusual in shape but we love checking out cabins that are a bit different. I keep looking for recent pics but they are really hard to find.

Nope it's a single room Grand Suite. We have booked 1600 for our Brilliance cruise in March and can't wait to get there. The cabin is unusual in shape but we love checking out cabins that are a bit different. I keep looking for recent pics but they are really hard to find.

oops you are right, my mistake. :o

I can't wait to see how 1600 is going to work for us !

I am not worried that we will have very little at night when all the beds are being used !!

There are 2 teenage boys my sister and my husband !!! We plan to keep the main beds separate and OH and I will use the sofa bed, and the youngest will be sleeping on the rollaway !!!!!.....we are all used to this ' all in one room ' arrangement so that won't be a problem !!

I am hoping the aft balcony for us grown-ups will be big enough !!!

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this message string as I just scored JS 1100 for next year, Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2014. (Thank you Karen for the head's up :D).

We had 1602 for the same trip last September and really enjoyed the room and the peace and quiet. Really looking forward to 1100. :)

Bill

Resurrecting this message string as I just scored JS 1100 for next year, Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2014. (Thank you Karen for the head's up :D).

We had 1602 for the same trip last September and really enjoyed the room and the peace and quiet. Really looking forward to 1100. :)

Bill

I have 1602 on the same cruise - I saw on the roll call that you got 1100 - well done!:) I think Hugh (Cassamanda) has 9256 for this cruise. We have our favourite hump GS (1554) for Honolulu to Sydney.

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

I have 1602 on the same cruise - I saw on the roll call that you got 1100 - well done!:) I think Hugh (Cassamanda) has 9256 for this cruise. We have our favourite hump GS (1554) for Honolulu to Sydney.

Cheers

Di

I had 1602 last year, there are some pics in my signature. I spent many hours enjoying the sun and my Kindle out on that balcony. :) Enjoy

Bill

I was looking at the picture of the aft of the ship - it appears that all of the balconies above you can look right down onto your balcony, and that even the Windjammer outside deck can look down onto the deck 10 balconies.

Is that correct?

We are booked in 8168 on Brilliance, but 1102 opened up, also an aft. Called and rep said all the balconies the same size, even hump! Which should I take? Is noise a factor in 1002- under café? Is it bigger/deeper? Or is 8168 smaller, but no one next to you?

We are booked in 8168 on Brilliance, but 1102 opened up, also an aft. Called and rep said all the balconies the same size, even hump! Which should I take? Is noise a factor in 1002- under café? Is it bigger/deeper? Or is 8168 smaller, but no one next to you?

If you look at these pictures that Patti posted a long time ago, 8168 has a wrap around balcony so it is larger than 1102.

Radiancestern.jpg

Radianceaftbalcony.jpg