Sailing on Allure Soon? Will you do me a favor?

Hello everyone!

I need a favor from anyone who is willing! All I need is a picture of something!!!

I am going to be getting married on the Allure in Feb 2013, hopefully in the Pinnacle Lounge (also know as Loft Lounge).

In the lounge there are these circular blown glass disks or maybe plates decorating the right hand wall of the room. I wanted to match my bridesmaids dresses to these colors (a few different shades of blue or maybe purple). I have a few pics of the room, but the disks are not clear. Would anyone that will be sailing on the Allure anytime soon be willing to take a close up pic of disks/plates for me so I that I can really see the color?

If anyone is willing...the lounge is on Deck 17, Port side, aft. (I think, lol)

Safe and Happy Travels! :)

Hello everyone!

I need a favor from anyone who is willing! All I need is a picture of something!!!

I am going to be getting married on the Allure in Feb 2013, hopefully in the Pinnacle Lounge (also know as Loft Lounge).

In the lounge there are these circular blown glass disks or maybe plates decorating the right hand wall of the room. I wanted to match my bridesmaids dresses to these colors (a few different shades of blue or maybe purple). I have a few pics of the room, but the disks are not clear. Would anyone that will be sailing on the Allure anytime soon be willing to take a close up pic of disks/plates for me so I that I can really see the color?

If anyone is willing...the lounge is on Deck 17, Port side, aft. (I think, lol)

Safe and Happy Travels! :)

We'll be on her the end of August. We'll see what we can do... ;)

We board in 10 days and I am fairly good with the camera! Will try for you.

hi! if you happen by the Sky Bar in the afternoon someday, i was wondering if John Morrison was bartending... :-D

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I got the photos. I took about 5 or 6 of the glass disks and then some of the overall room. Will post when I return. The disks are maybe 4 different shades of blue. One being grey (little no blue) and the others are other hues of blue. It is a beautiful room, it will be a great place for a wedding celebration.

Hello everyone!

In the lounge there are these circular blown glass disks or maybe plates decorating the right hand wall of the room. I wanted to match my bridesmaids dresses to these colors

Hmmm.

You are going on the Allure, getting married on the Allure, and your concern is matching colors of dresses to the hunks of glass on the wall?:confused::eek:

OK, but for the hubby to be, have some beer on ice for him and the guys.

Thank you soooooo much jwith2boys!! I really appreciate you taking some time out of your cruise take photos for me! Hope you had an amazing cruise!! Thank you again!!! And thank you to everyone else that offered! =)

That was very nice of them and they added one more place for me to look at that I never saw on the first time on Allure. I think that will be my theme for my return, see everything I didn't see the first time.

Oh, maybe see if they have finally finished those carousel horses at the entrance to the board walk. They really should have had those finished before the first sailing! :D

Johneeo: I know what your saying, but I still want everything coordinated. On land, when you use a space for a ceremony usually you decorate the room to match your wedding colors or bridesmaids dresses so that everything matches. I will not be decorating the room since I would have to bring everything on board, so I'll have to match my bridesmaids dresses to the room instead of matching the room to my bridesmaids. You understand now?

And whats the big deal anyway? Why is it so bad that I want to focus on the color of bridesmaid dresses? My bridesmaids need dresses and I have to choose a color, so why not take a small insignificant detail from the Allure. Lighten up!

Don't worry, Hubby to be will be taken of too!

Those plates are all different colors- will you put one girl in each color? That would be pretty too! I hope you come back here and post wedding pics so we can see the dresses you picked!

I know Johneeo will want to see too;):p

Sorry,Johnee, couldn't resist!:D

Johneeo:

And whats the big deal anyway? Why is it so bad that I want to focus on the color of bridesmaid dresses? My bridesmaids need dresses and I have to choose a color, so why not take a small insignificant detail from the Allure. Lighten up!

I don't think it is "bad" that you want to match dresses to colors of hunks of glass, but, as a guy, admittidly I don't get it. Guess its a guy thing.

Hey, if that's what you want to do, I support it, go for it.

Having done the wedding thing, my only agreement was that I would show up and not throw up on the guests.

And some 20 years later, still married to the luckiest girl in the world.:rolleyes:

Hmmm.

You are going on the Allure, getting married on the Allure, and your concern is matching colors of dresses to the hunks of glass on the wall?:confused::eek:

OK, but for the hubby to be, have some beer on ice for him and the guys.

Never understand when someone has to butt in a post, insult the OP, while adding nothing helpful.

Best of luck on your wedding, Loves2travel...that room is really pretty!

Never understand when someone has to butt in a post, insult the OP, while adding nothing helpful.

Best of luck on your wedding, Loves2travel...that room is really pretty!

On the other hand, yours was incredibly helpful and I appreciate your perspective as many times I fail to see how serious many topics might be, this one included.

I apologize to both you and the OP for my inappropriate comments.

On the other hand, yours was incredibly helpful and I appreciate your perspective as many times I fail to see how serious many topics might be, this one included.

I apologize to both you and the OP for my inappropriate comments.

It didn't seem insulting to me:confused:...just Johneeo being Johneeo, but that's because I know he's pretty harmless;)

But I do hope you post photos of the dresses.

Archived