Penthouse bar setup

Dusty1210

i just booked a penthouse on the Riviera and was told that the bar would have a bottle of champagne, 4 bottles of spirits, and 2 bottles of wine. I was also to,d I could mix around the bottles if I didn't want 4 bottles of spirits. Do penthouse suites really get this bar setup? I didn't see it in any literature.

I am going to say "no."

This is the literature that can be found on the net.

Remember, their policy on bringing on your own alcohol, is pretty liberal (as long as you are not obnoxious about it).

A lot of people bring on their own stuff at different ports (there are threads on this)

Here you go, this is what I found:

A one time complimentary bar set up is arranged at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

Zoolander is correct, it is the Suites above the Penthouse level which get the bar setup.

171505.jpg but with the new Beverage Packages in Place, you may not even miss it:

Designed to enhance your onboard culinary experience as well as your overall social experience, these beverage packages offer both convenience and value. Oceania Cruises guests always enjoy unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees, teas and juices on every sailing.

HOUSE SELECT $29.95

Wine & Beer

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.*

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95

Wine, Beer & Spirits

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

Beverage packages may be purchased during the online booking process or by calling Reservations at 800-531-5619.

Beverage packages may also be purchased onboard during your cruise.

We found the Prestige package to be an amazing value.

i just booked a penthouse on the Riviera and was told that the bar would have a bottle of champagne, 4 bottles of spirits, and 2 bottles of wine. I was also to,d I could mix around the bottles if I didn't want 4 bottles of spirits. Do penthouse suites really get this bar setup? I didn't see it in any literature.

I was wondering who told you that??

Jancruz1

Hi jan, the Oceania travel agent told me that! I'm going to call Her tomorrow and tell her she was quoting benefits for the other suites, and not the penthouse suites. For as many hits I've gotten on this question since I posted, it seems bar setups are hot issues!!

Felt that was where the info originated as I was also told this only the have it corrected later. Seems the bar set up for Owners, Vista, and Oceania gets lumped into penthouse by some because a suite is a suite until it is a penthouse not so sweet by default. Is strange penthouse comes with butler in waiting but no four horsemen. How are we in penthouse to defend the castle with an empty mote?:)

Maybe the cause of the confusion is that on the "O" ships you have three categories of suite above the PH (which are the ones that get the bar set-up) but on the "R" ships, only the top TWO suites get the bar setup. In no case do the PH suites get the bar setup.

I agree, though, that the reps should be conveying proper information!

About the bar setups -- the "rules" say no substitutions but I understand that you can get them if you ask your butler. I never tried to switch out a bottle of rum for bourbon because I was sure I couldn't get it. But I have been told that people were able to get, say, a second bottle of vodka if they turned in their gin.

Since my husband doesn't imbibe, and we had such a port intensive cruise, when we had the bar setup in our suite last fall there was no way I would need an extra bottle, even though I was only drinking the vodka. (We did finish our two bottles of wine.)

Mura

Hi jan, the Oceania travel agent told me that! I'm going to call Her tomorrow and tell her she was quoting benefits for the other suites, and not the penthouse suites. For as many hits I've gotten on this question since I posted, it seems bar setups are hot issues!!

Thanks Dusty, as I checked with FDR yesterday and he said no also..

Jancruz1

Thanks Dusty, as I checked with FDR yesterday and he said no also..

Jancruz1

Hey, Jan, when are they going to get an "ombudsman" or super-representative who they can call when they don't know an answer? And, when are they going to learn to ask instead of guessing? I know you're frustrated by this stuff...

Hey, Jan, when are they going to get an "ombudsman" or super-representative who they can call when they don't know an answer? And, when are they going to learn to ask instead of guessing? I know you're frustrated by this stuff...

Hey Don,

Not sure who "they" are..

Jancruz1

Hey Don,

Not sure who "they" are..

Jancruz1

I was referring to "they" as the phone reps at Oceania. They need a fall-back poerson who knows the answers, on call whenever the call center is open. How many times have you called a phone center, asked a question, and been put on hold briefly while they ask someone when they're not sure of the answer? The phone reps who do that are trained to never guess!

The phone reps are Oceania and Regent get the answers wrong too many times. They're decent and good people who are only trying to help, but they either don't have back-up or are not trained to use it.

Of course, if one has a great travel agent like I do, that doesn't make much difference. But, it saddens me to read about folks who, for example, call three times and get three different answers.

The PH suites on Marina/Riviera are superb accommodations and I am happy to sail in them anytime. However, the PHs on these ships are in a different level than they are on the R ships where you get two reservations guaranteed in each specialty restaurant instead of one.

I was referring to "they" as the phone reps at Oceania. They need a fall-back poerson who knows the answers, on call whenever the call center is open. How many times have you called a phone center, asked a question, and been put on hold briefly while they ask someone when they're not sure of the answer? The phone reps who do that are trained to never guess!

The phone reps are Oceania and Regent get the answers wrong too many times. They're decent and good people who are only trying to help, but they either don't have back-up or are not trained to use it.

Of course, if one has a great travel agent like I do, that doesn't make much difference. But, it saddens me to read about folks who, for example, call three times and get three different answers.

Thanks Don, you are correct thats why I dont think people should ask Oceania reservations ..truth is they are definitely not always updated or ..but if people post on CC we can ALWAYS get them the correct answer..Jancruz1

• 1 year later...
About the bar setups -- the "rules" say no substitutions but I understand that you can get them if you ask your butler. I never tried to switch out a bottle of rum for bourbon because I was sure I couldn't get it. But I have been told that people were able to get, say, a second bottle of vodka if they turned in their gin.

Since my husband doesn't imbibe, and we had such a port intensive cruise, when we had the bar setup in our suite last fall there was no way I would need an extra bottle, even though I was only drinking the vodka. (We did finish our two bottles of wine.)

Mura

I noticed in the latest 2014-2015 the wording on the In Suite bar set up now states:

Complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of your choice of premium spirits and wines++

The next most current catalog I could find said:

Complimentary in suite bar setup featuring 4 full size bottles of premium spirits plus 1 bottle of white or red wine++

I would think the difference between the 4 and 6 just rolls the wine into the equation. What I really am interested in is:

A, if this has gone into effect?

&

B, can I request something like Macallan or Glenlevit instead of the Johnny Walker?

From the way I read that I would think you could. Somehow though I think they would draw the line if I requested some 30 yr old Balvenie.

PS, I realize the PH doesn't get this, this is the best thread I could find for a discussion of this.

No, we are just off Riviera in a PH and had only a bottle of champagne.

I'm sorry I topped this thread, I should have started a new one. My questions were about the Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suite. I found this one in a search and it is discussing what is included and whether or not people have been able to substitute.

I also didn't mention what I think the key change in the wording is:

OF YOUR CHOICE

Since we're on a new page I'll quote my previous post.

I noticed in the latest 2014-2015 the wording on the In Suite bar set up now states:

Complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of your choice of premium spirits and wines++

The next most current catalog I could find said:

Complimentary in suite bar setup featuring 4 full size bottles of premium spirits plus 1 bottle of white or red wine++

I would think the difference between the 4 and 6 just rolls the wine into the equation. What I really am interested in is:

A, if this has gone into effect?

&

B, can I request something like Macallan or Glenlevit instead of the Johnny Walker?

From the way I read that I would think you could. Somehow though I think they would draw the line if I requested some 30 yr old Balvenie.

PS, I realize the PH doesn't get this, this is the best thread I could find for a discussion of this.

There has been a pattern of "trickle down" benefits in the past.

But I don't know about this one ... I'm sure they lose a lot of bar sales by providing a liquor set-up to a suite. And there are far fewer Owners, Vista and Oceania suites than there are penthouse suites ...

Archived