I am conforming to the rules honest....

Davyjonesrugrat

So you take it to the DR (on a hand truck, naturally :)), pay the corkage fee, and start drinking wine with each meal. Last about a week or so. Do you tip extra to sommelier who has to cart the bottle back and forth for each meal? :D

Due to the rantings of some members on the CC board and their view on the drinks policy of Celebrity Cruises I have decided to follow the guidelines set in place and take two bottles of wine at the beginning of the cruise. I have therefore decided that I may need to cut down on my baggage allowance. I hope that you will now be happy and let me continue to enjoy my cruises and my 'wine'

Cute, super funny post! It's a joke and a good one. Appreciate the light touch and interesting picture. I'll drink to it!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 94,179 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

No need to manage your packing - I have just the bag for you. We'll let you know whether we were able to wheel it on board and cram it into the overhead bin or whether they made us check it :D

DSC02365.jpg.579d9769f16863cf82375b1c911ae26b.jpg

Curious what the corkage fee is for that bottle and where they'll get the corkscrew to open it.

Funny thing about size of bottle, the limit on size used to be in the guest conduct policy but it is no longer there...Can't find it anymore...

Curious what the corkage fee is for that bottle and where they'll get the cork screw...
Pneumatic drill from the engineers with special attachment?

I agree. Shame to let your wine breathe TOO much. We volunteer to help.:D

Andrew

I am in the process of contacting Celebrity to book the table for all those offering to assist in drinking my little tipple, there does however now appear to be a problem in getting a big enough table are you all happy enough to sit on a conveyor belt as grab your glass as you go past? or would you prefer a BBQ/Buffet system?

P.S. Im afraid that Celebrity have stated it must be drunk on formal nights only and formal attire is necessary lol

Chair hogging will not be tolerated !!!

rgds

No need to manage your packing - I have just the bag for you. We'll let you know whether we were able to wheel it on board and cram it into the overhead bin or whether they made us check it :D
Phew for a minute I thought you were going to post a piccy of my ex wife !!!! Its enough to make anyone turn to drink !!! pmsl

:)

Due to the rantings of some members on the CC board and their view on the drinks policy of Celebrity Cruises I have decided to follow the guidelines set in place and take two bottles of wine at the beginning of the cruise.

I have therefore decided that I may need to cut down on my baggage allowance.

I hope that you will now be happy and let me continue to enjoy my cruises and my 'wine'

Yours respectfully

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOBso9Hh2EFGuwKbULZDabY8Xr9obxsVd19qqd0XHNOH2MqhQ

Before you get on your high horses, I do not have a drink problem and can honestly state I have reduced my consumption drastically.

This was my last bottle

:D:D

Thats is very very :D:D. Luv it.

I am in the process of contacting Celebrity to book the table for all those offering to assist in drinking my little tipple, there does however now appear to be a problem in getting a big enough table are you all happy enough to sit on a conveyor belt as grab your glass as you go past? or would you prefer a BBQ/Buffet system?

I suggest you ask to have one of the hot tubs drained. I'll bring my snorkel gear.

This thread is NOT funny! I went on a cruise Daveyjonesrugrat was on and I'm still upset about it. It seems that the ship sailed under reduced speed the entire cruise (missing two ports) because they had to remove an engine to find enough space to accommodate his one wine bottle.

I explained that, it wasnt my fault I told them to tow it behind the ship and just fit a hose pipe between it and my cabin. Imagine how I felt when I found the engine room staff having a party on my bottle when I woke up in the middle of the night and needed a tipple !!!

Get over it lol.......:):):D

Greetings

My doctor said that my SO and myself should not have over 1 bottle of wine per night. I think I see a solution here. :D

Thanks for making me smile.

Good Sailing

Tom

Is that one bottle for your girlfriend and one bottle for you? Or is it just one bottle for you both?

Archived