Possible to use multiple wifi devices on Freedom of Seas.

We are leaving in about two weeks on Freedom of the seas. We are planning on buying one of the wifi packages and my question is how is the access monitored? Is it some sort of access code issued to us when we buy the minutes or something else?

Next, is it possible to use multiple devices or is the internet access tied to one device? I would like to have access via my ipad as well as the wifi connection thru my phone.

Thank you.

We are leaving in about two weeks on Freedom of the seas. We are planning on buying one of the wifi packages and my question is how is the access monitored? Is it some sort of access code issued to us when we buy the minutes or something else?

Next, is it possible to use multiple devices or is the internet access tied to one device? I would like to have access via my ipad as well as the wifi connection thru my phone.

Thank you.

You usually have to create an account on one of the ship computers, i.e. a user name and password for your WiFi access, and then you are free to use those credentials on as many devices as you like. I say 'usually', because I have never been on Freedom, but that's how it's been on the 5 RCI ships I have been on :)

When you sign in, you use your sea pass, so you should be able to use multiple devices. BUT! You are aware that the wi-fi on the ship is EXTRAORDINARILY SLOW. So you may find the usage very, very frustrating.

If you have a data package for your ipad can you reach the internet that way while on the ship or do you have to pay for additional stuff on the ship?

The ship's cellular data is considered international and is not included in the iPad's base data plan. You can purchase international data for the iPad (on AT&T at least), but it's very expensive. The ship's wi-fi is probably cheaper.

The ship's cellular data is considered international and is not included in the iPad's base data plan. You can purchase international data for the iPad (on AT&T at least), but it's very expensive. The ship's wi-fi is probably cheaper.

Yes Daghis. . .The Ships Wi-Fi is much cheaper. ATT and Verizon charge you for =Actual= Data usage, while Cellular at Seas charges for Minutes. You wireless connection can use as much Data as needed as long as you conform to the minute guidelines. . .

I usually start with the 500 min/ $150 pkg.

Radio

;);)

Thanks. I saw quite a few people surfing the net on their iPads and was curious.

Archived