Princess Pop Choir~Have You Tried it?

wizard-of-roz

Under the direction of charismatic and talented entertainer Joe Sackenheim

That is one element of a succesful Pop Choir. It was led by one of the lead singers for the production show.

Edited by caribill

did this on the Ruby TA with another roll call member in October, had such fun, of course the Beverly Hills Iced teas we took along to lubricate our vocal cords really helped:D:D:D

Terry

did this on the Ruby TA with another roll call member in October, had such fun, of course the Beverly Hills Iced teas we took along to lubricate our vocal cords really helped:D:D:D

Terry

I think I remember you in the choir Terry, I was on Ruby TA, Rome to FL last October.

Aaah, the songs, Mama Mia, Isn't She Lovely and the others mentioned on here. Time for a change.

Edited by NSWP

What a great idea and fantastic repertoire! Is there anyplace that has some samples of your singing? I also sing in our church choir here in the USA and we have a huge choir festival every summer in a little town called Ocean Grove, New Jersey, at an awesome auditorium that is well over 100 years old.

http://www.oceangrove.org/pages/choirfestival_donation. Forget the donation part, just thought you might like to see some photos of my area. I think that there are videos on Youtube.

The Ruby Choir I sang in last October was on Youtube, just Google up Ruby Princess Pop Choir, something like that.

As I stated in a previous post, the one and only time there have been different songs is when we were on the Pacific. All the same on the Caribbean, Diamond, Grand, Star, Sapphire and Ocean, Emerald and Ruby. These are the ships we have sailed on since the choir started.

:( I would be bored doing the same songs again and again. I hoped that after a couple of years there might be new material for the Pop Choir, but it sounds like the song selection will go the way of the oft'-repeated production shows ;)

Bon Voyage!

Chris

• 1 year later...

yes, they do those songs a lot but there are new ones available and it is up to the director. I am going on the Pacific Princess April 11 and do hope they have the pop choir. It continues to be a lot of fun no matter what songs they sing.

I was on the crown September 2013. It was a 17 day cruise and we had two pop choir performances. Each performance was a different set of music as Princess had just introduced a new set of songs. It was so so much fun, I loved every minute of it. Some of us were singers, some were not but it is an experience. Off on the CB nect year and hope they will have a choir to join.

Next time you want to have fun and meet some really fun people, join the Princess Pop Choir. It's not kareoke, it's not solo's, it's singing in a group, for fun and singing fun songs. You'll get to perform in the International Cafe area at the end of the cruise and I highly recommend it.

Look in the Patters [the daily paper put in your cabin each night] for the time and place to meet for rehearsals. Usually, it's in the Wheelhouse Bar for about an hour several days before the final performance.

Yes, we did the Princess Pop Choir on our Panama Cruise on the Island Princess. I absolutely did not want to do it, but my hubby begged me to go to one of the practices. Well, I was hooked after that.

Yes, the folks that show up for this are so much fun! We had such a hoot! And were we ever surprised that for our 'Grand Performance' that even the stairways and upper level were packed with pax to view our 'wonderful choir' (cough cough ;)

Definitely would recommend this activity!

Although I have been on many cruises I never did the Pop Choir before. In December 2013 , I was on the Coral and someone in my Meet & Greet encouraged me to try the Pop Choir. It was a lot of fun and met a lot of wonderful people. I certainly plan on doing it again.
Sali