"Double Down" a GTY

runnerodb83

I booked a GTY cabin on a 14 day Alaska trip from Vancouver that left on June 30th. We did not book until Memorial weekend and booked a GTY obstructed view cabin. We got an assignment about 10 days before the cruise amd was in a ocenview cabin. On Monday before we cruised on Saturday and we were upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. Very suprised and very happy so yes it in deed does happen.

I booked a GTY cabin on a 14 day Alaska trip from Vancouver that left on June 30th. We did not book until Memorial weekend and booked a GTY obstructed view cabin. We got an assignment about 10 days before the cruise amd was in a ocenview cabin. On Monday before we cruised on Saturday and we were upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. Very suprised and very happy so yes it in deed does happen.

Not quite what I was talking about but thats still great!

What I meant to ask was...

Book at GTY oceanview obstructed

Get assigned an Oceanview

Think that ship is not selling that well, so change booking to another GTY thats the same price of initial booking (or close).

Get assigned a higher category than first GTY...

anyone ever done this?

We did that and had a great experience! We booked an Inside stateroom guarantee and then were assigned a higher inside stateroom category, nothing earth shattering. During a sale, we change to an obstructed oceanview guarantee and were assigned one of the unique Island/Coral Princess staterooms, the aft DD Oceanview! We loved the 10 ft walk to the aft balcony, and it was amazing seeing glaciers from our room as we were packing and sailing away from College Fjord!

Archived