Elite laundry perk - pack light?

aoverby

Thanks 1 HappyCruiser. I have read that they use very hot dryers. Did I also read you can mark items as "hang wet - don't use dryer"? We're more curious though if it's reasonable to have laundry done every other day or so and pack really light?

We'll be on the Sapphire 14 day Hawaii Dec 8 which will be our first cruise at Elite! With the laundry perk can we pack light and have laundry done every 2-3 days?

You can have laundry done every day if you like. Leave it in the paper laundry bag on your bed in the morning before the room steward cleans your cabin and you will receive it back the next day in the afternoon. We pack one 26" suitcase, and one small daypack each. With that amount of clothes we get by with every 4 to 5 days. You are not limited to one bag, you can leave two bags if you like.

You can send out laundry every day if you want. Do whatever is comfortable for you. Even on a long cruise, I pack essentials for seven days and then bring extra pants, tops and shoes. I send out laundry every 2-3 days. You will probably have to ask the steward for extra bags and laundry slips. When I fill out the laundry slip, I put a squiggly line down the "Amount" column and write Elite at the bottom.

We have used the laundry service on our last four cruises, with no problem,

even trousers and slacks that can be cleaned and/or laundered. :confused: :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York.

22 & 23rd cruises - Sapphire Princess B2B, 04 - 11 May & 11 - 18 May, 2013, California Coastal & Wine Country.

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

Pam.......by doing the squiggly line thing, does that stop them from putting the charge and then the offsetting credit onto your account?
No, but it gives me a better feeling that they will reverse the charge. :) If they have to consult the slip, there's no question what needs to be done.

You can send out laundry every day if you want. Do whatever is comfortable for you. Even on a long cruise, I pack essentials for seven days and then bring extra pants, tops and shoes. I send out laundry every 2-3 days. You will probably have to ask the steward for extra bags and laundry slips. When I fill out the laundry slip, I put a squiggly line down the "Amount" column and write Elite at the bottom.

Pam, do you do the math at all? I do, thinking I'm saving someone else the work, but always wonder why I do. I could make up a number for the total, but I suppose someone somewhere tracks those charges so they should be accurate.

? I really don't know what's the best way.

Pam, do you do the math at all? I do, thinking I'm saving someone else the work, but always wonder why I do. I could make up a number for the total, but I suppose someone somewhere tracks those charges so they should be accurate.

? I really don't know what's the best way.

I have never done the math. In the three total columns I always put a BIG ZERO on each line, and then write Elite on the instructions line.

Why bother with the math? I just write ELITE on the ticket and never have a problem. It will be put on your bill and then credited. I also write cold water only on my ticket and have never had anything shrink, even my husband's silk blend shirts. And of course love having his tux dry cleaned as well as my formal dresses cleaned and ready to go for the next cruise. This is one of the best perks Princess offers and hopefully will never take away.

I guess we had a great steward. Our laundry tickets were all pre-stamped "ELITE", so we never had to note it.

We've reduced our baggage by one 24" suitcase since becoming Elite. I hope Princess never reduces this benefit. We use it about every 3 days.

I guess we had a great steward. Our laundry tickets were all pre-stamped "ELITE", so we never had to note it.

We've reduced our baggage by one 24" suitcase since becoming Elite. I hope Princess never reduces this benefit. We use it about every 3 days.

We've had pre-stamped tix too, but only occasionally and not on the same ship.

If you write 0, does someone add it up and then post it and zero it out on your statement. We always have an amount and then it's backed out. I always assumed they got the amount from our form. Do you mean I've been doing needless math all these years??

LOL. Yes. You've been doing needless math. Especially when I call something a polo and they call it a tee. There's always a difference between what I think it will be and what it really is. So save yourself time and don't bother. Since this perk started I never even thought to do math. I always felt that zero, plus or minus zero, would equal zero. :D

LOL. Yes. You've been doing needless math. Especially when I call something a polo and they call it a tee. There's always a difference between what I think it will be and what it really is. So save yourself time and don't bother. Since this perk started I never even thought to do math. I always felt that zero, plus or minus zero, would equal zero. :D
I never do the math. The only thing I check is that the laundry amount on my folio is reversed. They can put whatever amount they want; I don't care. :)

This just goes to show that CC never fails to educate, even after 32 Princess cruises. I truly never thought to NOT do the math (I am so dutiful...it's a blessing and a curse). I will save myself the mental headache. Or maybe not. It's really the only mentally stimulating thing I do all day on a cruise.

This just goes to show that CC never fails to educate, even after 32 Princess cruises. I truly never thought to NOT do the math (I am so dutiful...it's a blessing and a curse). I will save myself the mental headache. Or maybe not. It's really the only mentally stimulating thing I do all day on a cruise.

Go play trivia. That's stimulating too. ;)

Archived