Will iPads fit in crown princess room safe?

KATHY@HOME

I have always tucked laptop and or iPad into a drawer in a cabin or hotel room and have never found an issue.

Hi, plan to take my ipad onto the ship but want to leave it behind on port days. Will it fit in the safe in our room? Any other ideas? Thanks!

This is for work/personal use, doing a 20 day trip and may increase it to a 32 day trip. At one time, if you were really fast you could get a larger safe at the check in desk~what ever that is called? Think that might ave been princess or a carnival ship many years ago. Would consider a special security system for it if too big for safe. Anyone crammed their iPad in the safe?...

There's only one-sized safe in the cabins that is attached to the wall and not removable. If you are that concerned, you can take your iPad to the Passenger Services Desk when not in use and ask them to store it in their safe. I've always just left my iPad/notebook/whatever either out on the desk or in a drawer. I've never had a problem nor have I ever heard of anyone having a problem.

I don't know what size safes other have run across on Princess but we've always had the typical small safe as shown and it doesn't appear that an Ipad would fit.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/DSC00058SAFE.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/DSC00057SAFE.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/DSC00056SAFE.jpg

Hi, plan to take my ipad onto the ship but want to leave it behind on port days. Will it fit in the safe in our room? Any other ideas? Thanks!

I leave my IPad,camera,phone and Ipod out to charge and nothing has gone missing on 33 Princess cruises.I have often forgotten to close the safe with thousands of dollars in my travel wallet and nothing was ever missing.

There's only one-sized safe in the cabins that is attached to the wall and not removable. If you are that concerned, you can take your iPad to the Passenger Services Desk when not in use and ask them to store it in their safe. I've always just left my iPad/notebook/whatever either out on the desk or in a drawer. I've never had a problem nor have I ever heard of anyone having a problem.

I agree with Pam. I have never had a laptop taken, or anything else for that matter. In Hotels I will never leave anything out.

We always leave things out in the cabin and have never had a problem. On our last cruise, our son had three cameras and lots of equipment worth over $15,000 and he left it out on the couch most of the time. We each left our laptops out. Hopefully he will lighten the load next time but I felt safe leaving the things out.

On a cruise years ago, a friend had his watch missing one afternoon. Security was down to his cabin in no time. There is a record of everytime the door is open. Not sure what happened but the next day, his watch was returned.

As others have posted, I too leave my IPad out on the desk, for instance while I'm out on an excursion, without a problem. In addition I tend to leave out my laptop and cameras out on the desk, charging.

Since this is used for work, and play, wanted to keep it locked up when not with me . Would be sick if it was lost or taken as it was a birthday gift. I know my brother in law keeps his work computer in the US as per his agreement with them. Thanks for all the different ideas. Glad to hear so many have had positive experiences. I prefer to use the safe for phones, passports, credit cards, money and other special items. Thanks again for all real life experiences.

I worked at a place in Houston that if your keys went missing, you had no car to drive home that night.:eek: Got in the habit of keeping $ in my pocket with my keys and that was in a hospital setting! So keep the good stuff home when in a hospital, they are not liable unless it is locked in their safe!:D

Try the safe, if not, buy those TSA locks, put the iPad in your luggage and lock them in. By the way, all ships we have taken have terrible very expensive WiFi and cellular service is rare, good to know in case your iPad works with cellular service.

Doesn't the Apple Ipad come in different sizes like some of the other manufactures?

ie. Samsung makes 7 and 10 inch tablets.

The iPad is one size. Sometimes the protective cases alter the total units size LE weight.

Archived