Italian Restaurant

Patgo

How much is the per head cost for the Italian Specialty restaurant on the Dawn?

$10 per person. Children 4-12 are half price. Under 4, free. Also, children 12 and under can always choose from the regular kids menu for no charge.

If you make a reservation for 5:30 or 6 p.m. for any specialty restaurant, you receive a free bottle of house wine (Tilsdale Chardonnay or Merlot).

If you make a reservation for 5:30 or 6 p.m. for any specialty restaurant, you receive a free bottle of house wine (Tilsdale Chardonnay or Merlot).

Really?! Is this all ships, all the time? Do you have to make reservations before sailing or can be done on ship to receive wine? If I ate in a specialty rest. every night at 6, I would get wine every night?

Thanks or any info:)

Really?! Is this all ships, all the time? Do you have to make reservations before sailing or can be done on ship to receive wine? If I ate in a specialty rest. every night at 6, I would get wine every night?

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

This was our experience on the Dawn for the July 13-20 sailing. It was advertised in the Freestyle Daily every day. Reservations were done on the ship and we never had a problem getting in.

We are Platinum and when we dined at Le Bistro our two times, we also received a complimentary bottle of wine from their special list. We would take the Tisdale bottles back to our room. Also saw someone in the Italian restaurant get the free bottle but had it sent to Teppanayki for their meal the next night (unopened).

In the Italian restaurant, we really like their house Chianti and chose to pay for that instead. If we didn't want the free bottle of Tisdale, they would have given us 20 percent off the chianti. That runs about $31 so we just took the free bottle back to the room.

They had this offer in early June as well. Didn't have to ask, they readily offered.

Normally we have great meals in the Italian restaurant but both the food and service we had our last trip were sub-standard. Add to that they charged us the cover charge twice (found out next day when looking at bill) so I had to go to desk to get that sorted out which entails maitre-d having to come down to remove one of the charges.

We did have to ask for our free bottle in the Italian restaurant. At Cagney's, they said we got a free bottle because of our 6 p.m. reservation. At LeBistro, it was not mentioned or offered I guess because we were already getting the free Platinum bottle.

Archived