New to Cruising!!!

Tinks86

Hello Everyone

Me and my hubby are going on Carnival Splendor around Mexico in Novemeber for our Honeymoon (well part of it)

What sort of things can we expect?

We have got a room with a balcony - are there any upgrades worth getting?

Should we pay for our tips now or when we get on board?

Thanks in advance and happy cruising

x

We will be on Splendor in 4 weeks. We pre pay our tips and also have a balcony room. Expect to have a good time and to have lots to do.

Wouldn't worry about upgrades, go with an open mind (the decor is pink) and just relax and have fun.:D

Enjoy your cruise and have a cocktail for me!!!:eek: C.G.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and welcome to Cruise Critic. In addition to looking around in the Carnival section here on CC, you should probably look for your cruise under "roll calls." This will put you in touch with others going on Splendor the same time you are.

In terms of "upgrades," all I can think of is that you might want to consider a dinner at the Pinnacle Steakhouse, which is $35 extra per person. I've never felt the need to eat at an extra-charge restaurant on a ship, but many people swear by them.

If you go with the right spirit (enjoying the adventure, rolling with the punches), you will almost certainly have a wonderful and memorable time.

Jim

I would stick with the balcony and not worry about upgrades. I would also recommend the steakhouse...I think it's worth the $35 pp, and that includes the tip. That would be a nice experience for you on your honeymoon. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Oh, and definitely visit the Carnival boards, but just beware that you will get the good, bad and ugly there. Don't read too much into the really negative posts, and to be fair, don't necessarily believe that everything will be perfect. Just go and have a good time. :)

Does it work out cheaper if you tip by hand or automatically?

If you "pre-pay" you will pay the exact recommended amount.

If you pay cash, it will be whatever cash you decide to put in the envelope. It should at least be the recommended amount.

Archived