Shampoo - Concierge - Who makes it ?

LeftcoastBC

yeah I know ..what a silly topic but there is a silly reason. Went in CC in 2005 first and only time and just thought it was ok..you know if the price is right. anyways...

I discovered a small bottle of the shampoo in a back corner of our "Collection" of travel bottles cupboard at our cabin. You know that pile of pilfered goodies gathered over the yrs. that help out when too many guests visit.:p

It was great ..the smell instantly took me back to cruising... "Made Exclusively for X" on a bottle about 3.4 inches tall, a spicy kinda smell and a bit of a pearl..ish gold tinge.

So do they still have it ?? or does anyone actually know who makes it.

Back in the early days X used to have specific soaps and smelly's made by folks and they told you who it was and you could get some at home if you wanted. Things changed when RCL took over.

Not a silly question, at least not when you explain it! I don't know if the brands have changed, but what currently is offered is their private label brand which you can get only if you sail with Celebrity. It's called "Hydro-Minerale" (aquatic spa therapy collection) It doesn't appear to be sold in non-travel size bottles anywhere. :(

Is it safe for color treated hair?

No shampoo that lathers is "safe" for color treated hair. Even the ones that say they are - ie: Sulfate Free kinds. If it has suds, it washes your color down the drain. I switched to another kind of "shampoo" that does not lather and, therefore, does not strip your hair - leaving your color unharmed. Not trying to push any product, but you asked and I'm answering.

With that being said, I used and liked the shampoo/conditioner on the ship very much. The conditioner did a good job of untangling my long, thick hair and smells pleasant. Like lemons. I'm a big fan of the body wash and my MIL loves the soaps.

It does not specify anything on the bottle besides being shampoo. I will be bringing my own cleansing conditioner this time around, but it's better than some of the typical hotel stuff you get. Whenever I smell my lotion that I got on the ship, it reminds me of the cruise.......

No shampoo that lathers is "safe" for color treated hair. Even the ones that say they are - ie: Sulfate Free kinds. If it has suds, it washes your color down the drain. I switched to another kind of "shampoo" that does not lather and, therefore, does not strip your hair - leaving your color unharmed. Not trying to push any product, but you asked and I'm answering.

With that being said, I used and liked the shampoo/conditioner on the ship very much. The conditioner did a good job of untangling my long, thick hair and smells pleasant. Like lemons. I'm a big fan of the body wash and my MIL loves the soaps.

It does not specify anything on the bottle besides being shampoo. I will be bringing my own cleansing conditioner this time around, but it's better than some of the typical hotel stuff you get. Whenever I smell my lotion that I got on the ship, it reminds me of the cruise.......

I have sulfate free shampoo but to be honest, after a while, I don't feel like my hair is clean. After 2 weeks, I switch to shampoo that is deemed safe for color treated hair.

I have sulfate free shampoo but to be honest, after a while, I don't feel like my hair is clean. After 2 weeks, I switch to shampoo that is deemed safe for color treated hair.

I will never use shampoo of any kind ever again. I even bring it with me to the salon. The last time when they refused to use it, I told her there's no way you're using shampoo in my hair, so just rinse it. She was able to run a comb through my long, thick hair no problem. In fact that's all I use now - a comb. With shampoo/conditioner, that would NEVER happen. Always a tangled mess. I love my cleansing conditioner!!!

Is the shampoo/conditioner replenished everyday. Deciding on whether to pack mine, there are 3 of us in the cabin and don't want to run out

There will be plenty and you can always ask for extra. They normally put a few more bottles in the bathroom the second day.

Currently they are using the lemongrass scent products--some like it some don't..I preferred the old brand...

I use my own hair products anyhow, but I do like the facial mist spray given out in AQ..

The on board shampoo is junk....also the conditioner. Whether or not you color your hair, you will not like the Celebrity's shampoo. It's only good for washing out bathing suits , etc. ...never use on hair. I always bring my own. Even my spouse who doesn't have colored hair hates the shampoo. I also bring a big bar of soap. I hate those small slivers of soap.

The on board shampoo is junk....also the conditioner. Whether or not you color your hair, you will not like the Celebrity's shampoo. It's only good for washing out bathing suits , etc. ...never use on hair. I always bring my own. Even my spouse who doesn't have colored hair hates the shampoo. I also bring a big bar of soap. I hate those small slivers of soap.

Tell us how you really feel... :D

Here is a pic of the front and back of the bottle of shampoo on Celebrity. It was the same kind on all 4 of our Celebrity cruises - from December of 2008 through December of 2011. [ATTACH]241267[/ATTACH][ATTACH]241268[/ATTACH]

I recognize those from rooms we have had lately. But not the one that caused me to start the thread from 2005 in Concierge .

Not a silly question at all! I fell in love with the aqua-minerale lip balm on my first Celebrity cruise. I have looked for it online, but it is not available for sail. The tube I brought home from my last cruise is almost gone. I am afraid my next X cruise in April will not be soon enough! I need to remember to beg for a few extra lip balms before disembarking next cruise. My daughter and I actually walked past a cart in the hallway full of toiletries with lots of lip balms last cruise. I was sorely tempted to help myself, but resisted. It would have been too embarrassing to get caught! :)

Not a silly question at all! I fell in love with the aqua-minerale lip balm on my first Celebrity cruise. I have looked for it online, but it is not available for sail. The tube I brought home from my last cruise is almost gone. I am afraid my next X cruise in April will not be soon enough! I need to remember to beg for a few extra lip balms before disembarking next cruise. My daughter and I actually walked past a cart in the hallway full of toiletries with lots of lip balms last cruise. I was sorely tempted to help myself, but resisted. It would have been too embarrassing to get caught! :)

All you had to do was ask your room steward and they would gladly give you more. Then you could be guilt free! If you can hold out until December, I'll see if I can get you a couple when we're on the Reflection then I can mail them to you. Maybe someone else who is cruising sooner will do the same.

I will never use shampoo of any kind ever again. I even bring it with me to the salon. The last time when they refused to use it, I told her there's no way you're using shampoo in my hair, so just rinse it. She was able to run a comb through my long, thick hair no problem. In fact that's all I use now - a comb. With shampoo/conditioner, that would NEVER happen. Always a tangled mess. I love my cleansing conditioner!!!

Hi, Never heard of a cleansing conditioner. Just been into town and searched through chemist shops. I am assuming it is made in America. Could you please let me have the name so that I can purchase some on my Sept. cruise to New England. Thanks

Archived