Are the Bon Appétit culinary classes available on each sailing?

corpkid

Looking at a N. Europe cruise next summer. Very interested in participating (heavily) in the Bon Appétit Culinary center cooking classes, etc. I can't tell if every Oceania cruise has these classes, and am unsure how to map which classes are available on a particular cruise?

Any advice is appreciated. We are in particular looking at the July 5 2013 ten night Copenhagen to Stockholm...

Thank you!

Dominic

Looking at a N. Europe cruise next summer. Very interested in participating (heavily) in the Bon Appétit Culinary center cooking classes, etc. I can't tell if every Oceania cruise has these classes, and am unsure how to map which classes are available on a particular cruise?

Any advice is appreciated. We are in particular looking at the July 5 2013 ten night Copenhagen to Stockholm...

Thank you!

Dominic

The Culinary Center offers a full menu of classes on every cruise, but I don't believe that the specifics are announced until 6 to 8 months before sailing.

Thanks, Lyn. That's what I thought but I was hesitant to post when I wasn't absolutely positive ... although I couldn't think where on Regatta or Nautica such classes could be held!

Mura

Thank you all for your help. One other question - how many classes are there per sailing usually? For example if we are doing a 10 day cruise, how many days would they offer a class/food-themed excursion....?

We are on an upcoming 10 day cruise with no sea days. There are 3 classes offered: Red Ginger Favorites, Viva Paella and French Bistro. 1 of them was offered 2x at one point but I forget which one it was and it no longer comes up. Since Red Ginger (which we are signed up for) is sold out I assume the 2nd class of whichever it was is also sold out?

Of course I have no idea if this a typical offering but there you go.

-------------------------

Helen

Perfect! Thank you Helen! We have only 1 sea day on this cruise we are looking at so I assume it would be about the same as you've experienced.

Can't wait as this region has been on our bucket list for a while and we are looking forward to trying Oceania for the first time.

• 7 months later...

We are on the Marina cruise in August 2013 and at the moment the Bon Appétit Culinary Center does not seem to be taking bookings or giving a list of the courses available on our cruise. Does anyone know how many days before sailing date you can book as i dont want to miss it and find its sold out.

We are on the Marina cruise in August 2013 and at the moment the Bon Appétit Culinary Center does not seem to be taking bookings or giving a list of the courses available on our cruise. Does anyone know how many days before sailing date you can book as i dont want to miss it and find its sold out.

I'm surprised that they aren't listed. We are on a July cruise on the Riviera, and there are some culinary courses listed. What WASN'T listed was the Culinary Shore Excursions, which turned out to be an error on Oceania's part. They had them listed in their info, but they didn't appear on the website. I was able to book them via telephone. I haven't checked to see if they're now listed. (This all happened last Thursday, 2/28.)

On our Jan cruise on the Riviera there were culinary classes every day... 69usd per class and the class lasts for 2 hours. Usually they were at about 4pm but occasionally earlier or later.

Watch out! You are expected to eat everything you cook. Which is a lot. If you have a dinner reservation in a speciality restaurant, be prepared to abstain!

I really enjoyed the classes - I took 3. But. No way could I eat everything nd then go and have dinner.

The Culinary Centre is lovely. Perfectly equipped. And the sous chefs do a great job with the mise en place... Overall a very well spent 69usd per class!

Ronniewales, you might want to follow the lead of Suncitygaltx and call O to ask about your culinary class options and whether you can book them already. We waited too long to book a specific culinary class for our upcoming late May sailing and it's already sold out.

I asked if O offers a waitlist for those who might want to join a sold out class in the event someone cancels, and was told no. I'll ask again once we're on board, but am not hopeful. Wish I had looked into it earlier; my bad.

So you have to ring O to make a booking and cannot do it online as I have checked again tonight and still its not available to book.

Ronnie

It seems unclear whether you are unable to book your culinary classes because (a) there is some time limit ahead of which O doesn't allow guests to book the culinary classes, or (b) there is a problem with O's 'Already Booked' website offerings for your specific voyage, or © something else is wrong.

A quick call to O would answer the question for you. Probably it's related to the number of days left until you sail, but since culinary classes on Marina in May and on Riviera in July are already available to book online, you may want to ask.

So you have to ring O to make a booking and cannot do it online as I have checked again tonight and still its not available to book.

Ronnie

You could ask your TA (if using one ) to book them for you

I booked with online travel agent tried Oceania UK but all lines were busy and got fed up waiting :(

On the UK website for Oceania do they have an "already booked" section?

You could ask someone on your Roll call if they are available yet if you cannot view them

I cannot remember at what point they showed in our cruise booking online but you are still 6mths out

Good luck

lyn

On the UK website for Oceania do they have an "already booked" section?

You could ask someone on your Roll call if they are available yet if you cannot view them

I cannot remember at what point they showed in our cruise booking online but you are still 6mths out

Good luck

lyn

Our roll call is very quiet and I have asked the question there and have had no reply that's why I posted on this thread. On the UK web site it shows it as not available and I dont want to miss it as my wife loves cooking and I wanted to treat her.

Archived