any experience with Grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/waverunner

ep1080

HI , my sister wants to book the waverunner tour to Stingray city through

above company. I look at their site, and they said they do not recommend

anyone with back problem or cannot swim from joining which I am one

of these. I don't think I will manuer the boat myself, but will sit behind

the kids. Does anyone have experience with this waverunner tour. ? Is it

scary ?

Any recommendation on this company is greatly appreciated.

If it is not appropriate to discuss specific company here, please

e mail me at id43862003@yahoo.com

Thanks

Thanks for your input.

This tour charge for picking you up from cruise terminal to some point for

starting the waverunner and back, does anyone know how far this is 'from

cruise terminal and if we take taxi, how much would it cost ?

thanks

Riding a waverunner can be quite "bumpy"...that's why they say those with back problems shouldn't do it. Riding or driving....it's not a "smooth" ride!

If you have a bad back, just take land transport to Stingray City...you can rent a waverunner on the beach, if your sister wants to ride one.

If you have a bad back, just take land transport to Stingray City...

Tough, since Stingray City is out in the ocean. Personally, I'd take a boat if you can't do the waverunners...

• 3 months later...
HI , my sister wants to book the waverunner tour to Stingray city through

above company. I look at their site, and they said they do not recommend

anyone with back problem or cannot swim from joining which I am one

of these. I don't think I will manuer the boat myself, but will sit behind

the kids. Does anyone have experience with this waverunner tour. ? Is it

scary ?

Any recommendation on this company is greatly appreciated.

If it is not appropriate to discuss specific company here, please

e mail me at id43862003@yahoo.com

Thanks

I just got back from the Norwegian Pearl and I did this tour while I was in Grand Cayman.

The ride can be bit rough going out to the sand bar, but the guide is great and this for sure is the one excursion and company I would use when I get back there again.

The quide provided squid for you to feed the stingrays and even helped you hold them and give them a kiss.

If you would like more specific details, I would be happy to email them to you.

As stated above, if you have a bad back you really don't want to be on a wave runner. I took this tour and I am a pretty experienced wave runner rider and I got worn out because the water was really rough that day. It took a pretty good while to get out to the sandbar.

We did the Fat Fish Adventure with Peter last Sept and it was fantastic, best excursion on the island according to locals and tourists alike and were they ever right!

Regarding the ride, everything depends on the sea conditions of course, but also how you drive. We had a perfect day with 1 ft waves, 1 - 2 ft waves are more typical, and you can see higher waves when there is a swell. The ride is not that bumpy unless you have it wide open when going through the rougher sections. If you drive smart you'll be fine. It's even smoother if you're inside another's wake. The lead waits for you at each stop so you're not rushed. One of our friends had just had shoulder surgery and we were all hesitant for her to try this. But it turned out not to be an issue, and getting back on the jet ski was not a problem either. The guides are really great at what they do and are attentive to everyone on the tour. It's also nice that the tours are limited to a smaller number of ppl and you have a more personal experience with the stingrays, starfish, and overall.

The FF tour was excellent, we took their later tour (1 PM to take advantage of the longer time out for the same price as the normal tour but any tour with them would be great. You depart from Prospect which is a few miles southeast of the dock, and our itinerary included the mangroves, Kaibo, the reef, Stingray City, and Rum Point. An earlier tour will not cover all of those stops.

So I would indeed look at one of the waverunner excursions (FFA preferably, check their reviews on tripadvisor) and enjoy an even better day on the water than you would on a powerboat.

• 3 weeks later...
We did the Fat Fish Adventure with Peter last Sept and it was fantastic, best excursion on the island according to locals and tourists alike and were they ever right!

Regarding the ride, everything depends on the sea conditions of course, but also how you drive. We had a perfect day with 1 ft waves, 1 - 2 ft waves are more typical, and you can see higher waves when there is a swell. The ride is not that bumpy unless you have it wide open when going through the rougher sections. If you drive smart you'll be fine. It's even smoother if you're inside another's wake. The lead waits for you at each stop so you're not rushed. One of our friends had just had shoulder surgery and we were all hesitant for her to try this. But it turned out not to be an issue, and getting back on the jet ski was not a problem either. The guides are really great at what they do and are attentive to everyone on the tour. It's also nice that the tours are limited to a smaller number of ppl and you have a more personal experience with the stingrays, starfish, and overall.

The FF tour was excellent, we took their later tour (1 PM to take advantage of the longer time out for the same price as the normal tour but any tour with them would be great. You depart from Prospect which is a few miles southeast of the dock, and our itinerary included the mangroves, Kaibo, the reef, Stingray City, and Rum Point. An earlier tour will not cover all of those stops.

So I would indeed look at one of the waverunner excursions (FFA preferably, check their reviews on tripadvisor) and enjoy an even better day on the water than you would on a powerboat.

We just booked 5 skis with Peter for our January Cruise..the whole family is really looking forward to this one!

Archived