Footstools on balcony of Shilouette?

vickykay

Hi we were recently on Silhouette no footstools on our SV Balcony, but they are on Conceige Class, and assume grades above.

Mrs Blue Sky

Agree with above. We were on the Solstice in Conceige Class and got those footstools. It was a big, big plus in having Conceige Class. Better to relax when you can prop up your tired, worn feet!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 95,632 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Our last balcony on RCCL did not have a foot stool. We brought a large inflatable beach ball (package said 42" but wasn't that big). Blew it up enough that the top and bottom would flatten out when our feet was on it. It was large enough for both if we both wanted it and it height was perfect.

Worked great and will take it on our next X cruise in a 1A.

DO NOT LEAVE ON THE BALCONY. We just brought it in and out with us.

Our last balcony on RCCL did not have a foot stool. We brought a large inflatable beach ball (package said 42" but wasn't that big). Blew it up enough that the top and bottom would flatten out when our feet was on it. It was large enough for both if we both wanted it and it height was perfect.

Worked great and will take it on our next X cruise in a 1A.

DO NOT LEAVE ON THE BALCONY. We just brought it in and out with us.

A suggestion from a poster here which worked well for me was to use the baskets that are under the bed as footstools.

Phil

Baskets under the bed???? Can't remember them. Any pictures?

Sorry, I had a look at my photos as thought I may have caught a shot in one of the balcony pictures, but didn't. Turned upside down it worked a treat though. This was on Eclipse. I think they are used to hold the life jackets.

Phil

A suggestion from a poster here which worked well for me was to use the baskets that are under the bed as footstools.

Phil

Footstools??? With the lack of drawer space and closet space (without climbing on the bed to use the over-bed cabinets) we had to use tham as drawers to hold our clothes -- after we removed the life jackets.

If there was more clothes storage space on the Solstice Class ships we would consider them again.

Ray in NH

Archived