Do you enjoy stateroom romance more on cruise or at home?

plumeria

My husband and I have talked and we seem to think we have less stateroom romance than at home I don't know why except we are doing so many new things we are very tired or we are eating and drinking too much, we don't really know why. What about you?

I love cruises because that is a time for my husband and I to spend time enjoying each other. We do go to meals and shows, but the best part is being in our stateroom with each other. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in December.....yes things get better as the years go by!!

When we cruise it is another honeymoon.............. breakfast in bed that is now on the CC balcony of an AFT cabin, so we eat in robes & just relax.

I applaud you & yours for 40 honeymoons & still counting. On your next cruise get remarried onboard. It is very special & FREE!

I love cruises because that is a time for my husband and I to spend time enjoying each other. We do go to meals and shows, but the best part is being in our stateroom with each other. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in December.....yes things get better as the years go by!!

With grown children at home -definetly on a cruise. We make sure that we take a nap & spend some quality time together late every afternoon. ;) We always take late dinner seating to make sure we have time for our afternoon activities. We are married 38 years. Yes, it does get better.:p

My husband and I have talked and we seem to think we have less stateroom romance than at home I don't know why except we are doing so many new things we are very tired or we are eating and drinking too much, we don't really know why. What about you?
Sounds to me like you need to be taking 9 to 14 night cruises with a couple more at-sea days. I think that you'll find that this changes your patterns a bit!

Having a couple of extra days of true R&R makes a huge difference in the tempo of the trip (and your energy level). With an exception here or there, we don't take cruises of less than 10 days just so we're assured of some truly relaxing down time (or whatever else).

So if you can afford the extra time, and your previous experience has been all or mostly port intensive 7 day cruises, I think you'll find the somewhat longer itineraries with 3~4 at-sea days a new experience.

Our next trip is a 12nt on the Galaxy that includes several at-sea days, and the Do Not Disturb sign will surely get some use.

I agree the longer cruises seem to be better for more romance. We also like the late afternoon naptime.;) We always pick second seating for that reason. I agree it definitly gets better with age! I think cruising is good because it really is time away from our day to day life!!!! NO kids, no dogs, no work, no Phone calls,(we keep the cell phone turned off) Well you get the idea!:D

we are going on 13 day cruise (7 days at sea) and this will be our first veranda, so we will see if the time at sea is really as relaxing as everyone says, we have only been on 7 day cruise with 3-4 ports and 2 days at sea can't wait

plumeria

we are going on 13 day cruise (7 days at sea) and this will be our first veranda, so we will see if the time at sea is really as relaxing as everyone says, we have only been on 7 day cruise with 3-4 ports and 2 days at sea can't wait

plumeria

Sounds like a repositioning cruise. Our favorite trips are the ones that don't stack all of the at-sea days together, but rather, alternate between port and sea days. One of the things we discovered only this last December is how (even if unplanned) an at-sea day on the last day of the trip can make the wind-down and packing business so much nicer. Due to the mess that Ivan had made of Cayman, there was an itinerary change. We had originally been scheduled to end with an "Aruba, at-sea, Cayman, home" schedule, but instead were treated to "Aruba, Curacao, at-sea, home". Many of us recommended that Celebrity consider keeping the latter as their permanent itinerary.

Sea days are as relaxing as your temperament will allow you to make them. There are some folks that get a little nuts if they can't find something to fill every minute of their day (although you can do this shipboard, too), and others that constantly itch to be doing something on land. Unless you fall within one of those two types, I think you're going to love it.

MY DW and I enjoy each other's company. Still SOOOOO much in love. We are celebrating our thirtieth anniversary on the Infinity on May 31, 2005. This is our first balcony and first trip to Alaska.

What better way to celebrate our time together than by being together?

What is not to be more romantic than a cruise away from the day-to-day bustles of life?

;) ;) ;) ;) :D

We are much more romantic at sea. We love the balcony rooms-we open the doors and let the sound of the sea lull us to sleep after some serious cuddling. In fact our nexr cruise is a b2b. The first 7 days we are with friends and plan to party. The next 6 day cruise is just for us. We have been to all the ports so we plan to treat ourselves to 6 straight 'sea days'.

We have only been married 8 years but it is definitely getting better every day!

Linda

I have to agree with the original poster. When we are on a land vacation we seem to relax more with each other. On a cruise we want to do everything, eat everything and just spend enough time in the cabin to dress and sleep.

We are much more romantic at sea. We love the balcony rooms-we open the doors and let the sound of the sea lull us to sleep after some serious cuddling. In fact our nexr cruise is a b2b. The first 7 days we are with friends and plan to party. The next 6 day cruise is just for us. We have been to all the ports so we plan to treat ourselves to 6 straight 'sea days'.

We have only been married 8 years but it is definitely getting better every day!

Linda

Sounds Perfect.....

Mari

I'll try to avoid being too graphic, but there is something about the gentle rocking motion on board a cruise ship.... If you have good timing....

Nancy and I are coming up on 32 years 0f marriage and we we have really enjoyed great pleasures on our cruises in each of the last 4 years.

How did I do?

I'll try to avoid being too graphic, but there is something about the gentle rocking motion on board a cruise ship.... If you have good timing....

Nancy and I are coming up on 32 years 0f marriage and we we have really enjoyed great pleasures on our cruises in each of the last 4 years.

How did I do?

I have something to look forward to in my golden years LOL

I can't imagine how much fun would we have if we had balcony cabin...wait..we already have so much fun in insides!!!

Also Celebrity cuises tend to be very relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

re-married onboard thing that is free? Which ship(s) and how do you arrange it. We are sailing on Horizon to Bermuda on 6/12 for our 20th and I would be interested in just such a thing. Celebrity has some renewing your vows packages but they did not appeal to me as described. Thanks for any info you can give me.

TeeTime98

we are going on 13 day cruise (7 days at sea) and this will be our first veranda, so we will see if the time at sea is really as relaxing as everyone says, we have only been on 7 day cruise with 3-4 ports and 2 days at sea can't waitplumeria

Speaking of stateroom romance, don't get busted for having that "romance" out on the balcony......:rolleyes:

even though we've had lots of together time at home -- I've worked nights for a couple years and my husband is a homemaker -- it's more romantic at sea. At home, there's always the siren song of ... uh ... chores ... the fear the phone might ring and something is happening at school with our son ... my beeper or phone might go off with some pre-shift request from work ... On a cruise, there's no chores, no beeper/phone from work, and we haven't had a phone call from the Fun Factory yet. (We're in our 21st year together, BTW.) Can't wait till Alaska 8/26/05 ... our sixth X cruise ... TR

Several years ago someone had posted the results of some survey about love on board ships. This was not one of the CC polls, I believe it was before we had the ability to do polls. The results of this survey were that something like 1/3 of couples have sex prior to leaving the dock.

• 6 months later...

SKP you devil you!!!!!!

msts

There are so many things I want to say...and I won't :D .

Great thread...interesting how people can dance around a subject while still answering the question...well done. A tribute to how clever, tactful X cruisers are, generally speaking ;) .

Archived